Mario & Luigi Premium Wii U Bundle Confirmed For North American Release

Posted by Damien McFerran

Retail price of $299.99, available November 1st

Nintendo of America has confirmed that the Mario & Luigi Premium Pack which was recently confirmed for Europe is also getting a release state-side.

The bundle — which comprises of a 32GB Wii U with New Super Mario U and New Super Luigi U on a single disc — launches November 1st and will retail for $299.99.

It replaces the existing Wii U Deluxe set, which was bundled with a copy of Nintendo Land. The dethroned pack-in title will be available as a digital download at the reduced price of $29.99.

Here's what Nintendo of America’s executive vice president of Sales & Marketing Scott Moffitt had to say about the news:

Mario and Luigi are two of the biggest heroes in video games. This new Wii U configuration gives people instant access to not one, but two of the most well-received Wii U games. It’s another example of the tremendous value and variety that Nintendo is offering consumers this holiday season.

If you've yet to take the plunge with Wii U, could this new bundle change your mind?

Related Games

Pikachupwnage

Pikachupwnage said:

Whoa whoa whoa...Nintendo land isn't going to be bundled with any Wii U's anymore? What the ****?

Norik

Norik said:

@Pikachupwnage it still has a discount for NL's download (though you could probably find the game for like 20 bucks at any store by now).

I'll definitely be getting this. Just wish it was white... oh well.

Jellitoe

Jellitoe said:

Nice, and with the stores free game bonus around Christmas time you might be able to score a Premium System 3 games for the price of a Wii U Basic

Burning_Spear

Burning_Spear said:

This plus Nintendo Land download = $328.99.

Early adopters who bought the Nintendo Land bundle paid $349.99, plus $59.99 for NSMBU and $29.99 for NSLU. Total of $439.97.

It truly pays to wait.

rjejr

rjejr said:

I've been saying they should bundle NSMBU instead of Nintendo Land since the Wii U launched, Nintendo Land was never ever going to sell systems to anybody, it was a waste. It's an ok game, we played it, but I'm talking about selling systems. And bundling it now makes sense b/c less people will buy NSMBU w/ SM3DW coming out next month.

I'm really surprised - and impressed - they bundled the Luigi levels though. I thought just bundling NSMBU would be enough to get people to buy the system at $299, and then people would pay $30 for Luigi b/c they already had NSMBU.

Nintendo must finally be getting desperate to sell Wii Us. Good for them.

And good for them for dropping the NL bundle, between this and Zelda nobody was going to buy it. The game is $15 used at Gamestop.

So can we officially call the 8GB Basic white model a non-entity in the US?

banacheck

banacheck said:

Thank god thay've cut NintendoLand & replaced it with New Super Mario U and New Super Luigi U, actually thay should of waited for the new 3D Mario but this is a lot better than the NintendoLand bundle.

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

This truly is a great value, but I am sure some people will still want a wiimote included in that bundle.

Shadowkiller97

Shadowkiller97 said:

@Conkers64 According to the leaked GameStop Black Friday flyer (subject to change) .... you can get 3D World fo $25 if you buy a new system. $325 for a deluxe Wii U, NSMBU, NSLU, and SM3DW is a pretty good deal.

beingvasey

beingvasey said:

i wonder if this means i should still hold off on getting mario and luigi. if they are going to put them on a single disc, i mean.

marnelljm

marnelljm said:

Thank you Jesus for putting a PHYSICAL DISK and not a download code.

I don't think Nintendo realizes the importance of this. I will not pay to download any retail game if a physical copy exists. Call me crazy, but I like holding what I just paid for!

rjejr

rjejr said:

@sonicfan1373 - Wow, no way. I saw photos of that flyer online, heck I even posted about that bundle here on NL a few days ago, but I never knew it was 8GB. I'm shocked. Guess that is a good way to get rid of them, bundle them w/ family friendly games like Skylanders or Just Dance or Wii Fit. Makes the bundle price look only ok though, especially for a Black Friday ad. Though a $25 GC helps. I guess 8B is good if you never connect it to the internet to do the updates.

Also of note that ad has Wii U 32GB Nintendo Land bundle. Nobody should be buying that with this bundle or Zelda available, even if you don't like Zelda or Mario you could sell them for more.

AdanVC

AdanVC said:

Aggh, another great bundle... Another -sigh- of "why I buy Wii U on launch day?". Oh well.

Mahe

Mahe said:

Good riddance to Nintendoland! Bundling that poorly thought out mishmash of tech demos with the Wii U console was a mistake.

TruenoGT

TruenoGT said:

Now please Nintendo, bundle NSMBU+NSLU for a reduced price independent of the console! I've held off on buying this long in hopes this would eventually happen... fingers crossed.

KnightRider666

KnightRider666 said:

I'm sold. They put both games on one disc, not a download code! This is the bundle I'm getting! This bundle will put the system on the map! Thank you Nintendo!

SCAR392

SCAR392 said:

I was a day one adopter, and I think it was worth it to have the console for an entire year for $100. I've already played/used it for 1000s of hours.

Burning_Spear

Burning_Spear said:

^^^ I don't. I'm not bitter about it or complaining, but I've learned my lesson (twice) regarding purchasing a Nintendo console at launch. Wait for the games and the attractive price drop.

SCAR392

SCAR392 said:

@Burning_Spear
I've had more use of the Wii U than the Wii, honestly. I bought tons of games that I like and the internet browser is pretty good, IMO.

I know it's not everyone's favorite with the current lack of software, but I feel like buying on day 1 was completely worthwhile.

Later adopters will ALWAYS get a better deal. It's fact, and no one can predict the future, either. This isn't arguing against you or anything. If no one bought the console on day 1, it would undoubtedly be somewhat worse in regards to the install base.

HyperSonicEXE

HyperSonicEXE said:

@rjejr:
Yeah yeah, but it makes business sense to pack NintendoLand in with the WiiU while it's new and shows off the features of the console and gamepad, make money off of the NSMBU sales as the game is sold standalone, and then pack it in this year as a bonus when the console is not as new.

WitchSugoi

WitchSugoi said:

Nice.

Now bring that Wit Fit U bundle over here and the WiiU should have a very nice time this holiday.

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

@SCAR392

I agree with you. I got mine in December and I dont regret it a single day. And I wont be getting a PS4 at launch because I dont see any attractive games besides Knack. I will wait for more games before taking the plunge

soma

soma said:

Now this is a bundle I'm tempted to buy. As much as I like Zelda, I already have Wind Waker for Gamecube and I don't like that the game is downloadable and not physical.

Now if only Nintendo fixed the account system......

JaxonH

JaxonH said:

@Burning_Spear
It does, but I've logged over a thousand hours on my Wii U so far, over 150 hours of that just on Monster Hunter 3 Ulitmate alone! I think those thousand hours of entertainment were definitely worth the extra hundred bucks to get it back at launch.

Dezsi

Dezsi said:

I would have bought this bundle, no doubt, if it was available less than a month ago, which is when I bought a Wii U. I don't regret it, because I'm absolutely certain I wouldn't have bought NIntendo Land ever. And I'm very pleased that I got to experience the wonders of the game — I've about 60 hours of gameplay with it, so I guess it's worth it. It's such a charming experience.

Anyway, I certainly hope that this bundle will sell a lot of Wii Us in the holiday season and after that.

ScaryBoo1998

ScaryBoo1998 said:

I wish I hadn't bought a Wii U last year... I want this!!! Though, I alrealy have NSMBU, NSLU, and Nintendo Land, but 2 games and a black console for only 299!?!

Urbanhispanic

Urbanhispanic said:

Now this is a sweet bundle! This, along with the Zelda bundle, should help Nintendo to sell more Wii Us. With the release of some new games as well, they can really capitalize on the upcoming holiday season. I'm going to take the plunge and get this bundle along with another game!

TySoN_F

TySoN_F said:

Welp, gonna finally buckle down and get a Wii U. This is the perfect bundle for me, I still have extra Wiimotes so this can be a fun multiplayer experience right out of the box!

Pokefanmum82

Pokefanmum82 said:

Asking my dad for this for Christmas or I might just take the gift card from my mom and save up the rest of the money & get it myself. Decisions, decisions lol

Genesaur

Genesaur said:

With Nintendo Land being priced at the thirty-dollar price tag they gave Luigi U, this beats getting the Nintendo Land bundle and just Luigi U, as I was initially planning.

Muzikant

Muzikant said:

criteria #1: drop the price to $300 for deluxe
Criteria#2: bundle it with a mario title
will buy it
add 2 mario titles:
will definitely buy it!!!!!

astros75

astros75 said:

Now this is a bundle that could definitely help Nintendo sell some units! Hope it does very well this holiday season

StarDust4Ever

StarDust4Ever said:

Dangit. Ever since Mario/DuckHunt, Nintendo has been using Mario as a pack in, well, sans N64, Game Cube, and for a while, Wii. This is what they should have had last year... :P

Huachiman

Huachiman said:

@Shadowkiller97 I also found the ad. If you look carefully, it is only Scribblenauts for $24.99. I had to take a second look before I realized that. Tricky buggers!

FishieFish

FishieFish said:

Damn you Nintendo, I got Super Luigi U physically with no NSMBU, and now I could buy the disc version with both of them on eBay for about the same price as Super Luigi U.