Square Enix Reveals Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call In This Week's Jump Magazine

Posted by Orla Madden

It's a sequel, not an expansion

Last week we reported that Square Enix filed a U.S. trademark for Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call on 27th August, suggesting that the original Theatrhythm Final Fantasy may be getting a re-release that includes all of the previous DLC.

This week's Shonen Jump magazine reveals that the company is actually working on a full sequel to the popular music title with that name, which will offer over 200 tracks — including themes from the upcoming Final Fantasy XV and Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII games — more than 60 characters, and an option to challenge your friends in Versus Battle Mode.

This sequel in the rhythm series is scheduled for release in Japan in Spring 2014. Need we ask if you'd like to see it venture over to the West? Let us know in the comment section below.

[via nintendoeverything.com]

Related Games

Angelic_Lapras_King

Angelic_Lapras_King said:

The original was about £20 when it was first released (Along with a free stylus from Amazon). I'd certainly pick it up if it was that price again.

Ignatius_Cheese

Ignatius_Cheese said:

More spinoff music needed in the sequel! The lack of Crystal Chronicle and Tactics music via DLC on 3DS was criminal...

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

Great news. Wonder if those "200 tracks" include the DLC.

Anyway, I am interested.

CapnPancakes

CapnPancakes said:

I'll be getting this day one as I've played the original for over 30 hours. I don't have that much experience in Final Fantasy games, but I still find the music to be outstanding and the gameplay is quite good as well.

WaLzgiStaff

WaLzgi said:

They need a Dragon Quest one. Final Fantasy is just bleh in general

brandonbwii

brandonbwii said:

I hope this gets localized and has an eshop version. I missed out on the first due to so many other games to buy. I don't want to make that same mistake again.

allav866

allav866 said:

I hope it has tracks that the iOS version had that the first 3DS game didn't.

Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko said:

I hope that most if not all of the tracks from the original plus the DLC and some of the ios tracks will make it in. Seeing as the original only had 70 tracks in the base game, and this has "over 200", it should.

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

Over 50 hours in the last version so this is a no brainer. This better get an eshop release as I want it with me at all times. Love the music player on the first game but don't feel like taking the current game out!

Melkaticox

Melkaticox said:

"Including songs from Final Fantasy XV and Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII "

Not sure if I should care or not.

Jazzer94

Jazzer94 said:

Brought the first game for 15 pounds and loved it will be picking this up as soon as its released.

Phantom_R

Phantom_R said:

Theatrhythm will never be half as good as Rhythm Thief, but a sequel this expansive may warrant a purchase for the 3DS's inferior rhythm game.

Araknie

Araknie said:

I played the first one 116 hours, if it's even more expansive surely will break my 3DS on it.
And i will be happy it did.

theblackdragonAdmin

theblackdragon said:

idk... after that first excited week of Theatrhythm i got sorta bored with it. a rhythm-based game i'd definitely be picking up day-one would be a sequel to Rhythm Thief, but this I'll probably pass on.

Cloud-San-VII

Cloud-San-VII said:

Kinda hope that:

• characters are easier to unlock (it wasn't bad, but I felt it was a tad annoying)
  • we get more side characters
  • we get more spin off game/side series music
  • all the DLC songs from last game
Marioman64

Marioman64 said:

@meltendo if you're implying that's what they did with the first one, they did NOT do that. you downloaded actual music files and note charts to your 3ds that were made after the game was released.

Marks

Marks said:

I loved the first game, I'm definitely getting this when it comes out.
I don't mind a lot of DLC as long as there is a lot of content too

DBMONK

DBMONK said:

want..... want..... WANT!!!!
Loved the first and will deffo pick this up day one if it gets a release outside japan!

LindsayPez

LindsayPez said:

OMG it better come state side! Theatrhythm is one of my faaavorite 3DS games. It's so beautiful and addicting.

Marshi

Marshi said:

So happy this is a sequel. Theatrythm's my fave 3ds game. With 200 songs I can only think either there are remix's of already featured tunes.or this game may go more leftfield and feature tunes from tactics,chocobos dungeon and the like. Either option would be amazing! I just hope its released in the west...