Reggie Fils-Aime's Home In Animal Crossing: New Leaf Distributed Through SpotPass

Posted by Orla Madden

Make sure your body is ready before entering his house

It seems it's not just the Nintendo Life team and our lovely readers who have their hands glued to their 3DS systems playing Animal Crossing: New Leaf; Reggie Fils-Aime is also absorbed with the adorable simulation game, as the tour of his own house will tell.

The virtual residence of Nintendo of America's President and COO displays a plethora of Nintendo items, such as an Arwing Model, 1-Up and Power Up Mushroom items, and a Virtual Boy. Simply put, it's an amazing house that we're all envious of.

North American gamers are currently able to visit Reggie's home through the Happy Home Showcase via SpotPass. On top of that, you'll have the opportunity to purchase some of the furniture that features in his humble abode. So far, his house has only been distributed across the US - there's no word on it being shared across Europe.

What are your thoughts on his home? Have you visited his house yet and ordered incredible items for your own house in the game? If you have, send a photo to our Twitter or Facebook accounts, we'd love to see your own Nintendo-themed digs.

[via tinycartridge.com]

Bulbousaur

Bulbousaur said:

I want to visit Reggie's house... Oh well, I can't say Europe doesn't get nice things... Hugs Xenoblade

Kagamine

Kagamine said:

Wait, how did he get his character to look like him? I never saw a customization screen, did I miss it or something?

SkywardLink98

SkywardLink98 said:

I plan on using the different rooms in my house as a sort of shrine to different games. One with all the LoZ stuff, another with all the Metroid stuff, another with all the Mario stuff, etc.

Whopper744

Whopper744 said:

I didn't get him for some reason. I hope he shows up soon! I know I have spotpass turned on!

Morpheel

Morpheel said:

You guys forgot about his bed:
Untitled

By the way, since I can visit it too, I'd say his house is available in all of America (or at least the north), not only the US.

jacksayspurple

jacksayspurple said:

I'm in Europe and I keep getting a Spotpass notification (y'know the little blue dot?) on Animal Crossing, but I've received this month's DLC, and there's nothing new in the Happy Home Showcase... mysterious. Anyone know what it could be?

Michael_Caboose

Michael_Caboose said:

You don't even need AC running to get a spotpass house from a passer by :)
I have 2 so far, my mums and a random kid at Tesco :p

SkywardLink98

SkywardLink98 said:

@Funny_Moblin Gotten yours yet? I haven't. In my experience, Spotpasses aren't quite synchronized. There are 4 3DSes in my house and we often get Spotpass puzzles and other spotpass related stuff at different times.

pikku

pikku said:

I love how you can buy items that you like from the houses of people you streetpass. From Reggie I bought those awesome glass show cases :D

I wonder how he got the hats to be shown on those black mannequin things though.

Sakura

Sakura said:

@Funny_Moblin

You have unlocked HHS? If not, it's available the day after you get your first house built and have spoken to Tom Nook. Digby will appear in front of the closed gate to let you in.

Sakura

Sakura said:

@Funny_Moblin

Don't know whether it will still be available tomorrow, but fairly likely to be. I'm in the EU so no house for me at all... Maybe if you leave the game in standby overnight, plugged in, you'll have a better chance?

Funny_Moblin

Funny_Moblin said:

@Sakura Oh thanks for the advice, but I'm not sure if I should risk it. I don't wanna harm the 3DS or the game. Then again, I may be over-protective.

Either way, thanks for helping me out!

Giygas_95

Giygas_95 said:

I actually was already practicing both those tips he gave. He's right. The bugs and fish at night bring in a huge profit (especially with the Bell Boom ordinance in effect), and I've found that it's easiest to catch fish by only listening and not watching.

A big screen TV and a balance board, but no Wii! Too bad you can't get one as a decoration for your house. I REALLY want to get that big screen TV though...

Lalivero

Lalivero said:

He has a crazy house, especially the entrance room, lmao. Ordering up stuff. XD

@Funny_Moblin Doesn't seem so, I wasn't ingame when I got the notification.

Windy

Windy said:

A bed spread only a mother could love :P (I know that's cold but I couldn't resist)

Zach777

Zach777 said:

@Funny_Moblin

Bro,

First: take a chill pill.
Second: relax.
Third: it will be fine, ok... Since it is SpotPass it will be available for a set amount of time, just pay off Nook and activate the HHA and SpotPass for Animal Crossing from the title selection menu.
Lastly: have an easygoing afternoon, desperate young adult friend.

Funny_Moblin

Funny_Moblin said:

@Zach777 Well, I do have SPotpass activiated, so I guess I'll wait.

By the way, I'm not a kid :) I'm just desperate, that's why I appear to be a ranting, annoying kid.

Have a nice afternoon as well.

idork99

idork99 said:

So that's what that SpotPass was about when I played earlier. Since I haven't any StreetPasses, I haven't bothered to visit the Happy Showcase since its completely empty. But cool, I'm gonna visit in a bit.

(why do i keep playing this game???)

EpicGamer

EpicGamer said:

@Funny_Moblin
Do you have the gate open at the train station? If you do, the dog won't be at the gate and there will be a fence in front of the gate.

Patriplexity

Patriplexity said:

I really can't wait until I save up enough to get New Leaf. I have a fully upgraded house in City Folk which has a basement filled with items from various Nintendo games. Also a phonograph playing Tokata's song and two bug tropies.

dc_10

dc_10 said:

It's like MTV Cribs but more Nintendo-y.
ACNL CRIBS!!
Haha he said it "My body is ready." Lmfao

Zaphod_Beeblebrox

Zaphod_Beeblebrox said:

I'm surprised there is no notification when homes are added to the HHS. I went in there after reading this article (thanks, NintendoLife!) and was surprised to find not only the Regginator but another random person I apparently StreetPassed a week ago.

The HHS is a very cool feature. But now I'm suddenly more self-conscious about my own home. I wonder what condition it was in when I StreetPassed that person last week. :-)

Prof_Clayton

Prof_Clayton said:

His house is nothing compared to my room full of nothing but clocks. u_u
Every hour my neighbors go deaf. :3

Xiao_Pai

Xiao_Pai said:

When I first saw the video I thought I would be able to see Reggie's actual house, lol.

DerpSandwich

DerpSandwich said:

That's some mondo spoilers right there! Half the fun is the surprise of what Nintendo goody you get next!

iPlayNintendo

iPlayNintendo said:

@SkywardLink98 A good idea but it won't be a super effective use of space for your home. I suggest using those themes and displaying them in the museum spaces you can rent once you upgrade the museum to the second floor!

SBOY

SBOY said:

Why there's no notification for this Spotpass (and seem I've got a streetpass too without notification) ? Anyway I've seen people who got the Virtual boys but how ? I mean the object is not for sale in my game... ?!?

Burning_Spear

Burning_Spear said:

Color me embarrassed. I'm thinking of shutting off StreetPass until I get my own home into better shape!

Dogpigfish

Dogpigfish said:

It was originally Iwata's house, but then they realized Americans are sick of him and want Reggie.

Arcamenel

Arcamenel said:

What I had to do was go to the home screen with the game on and then close my 3DS while spotpass was on. I waited a few minutes and then when I opened it back up there was the blue dot indicating a spotpass notification on the game. I went back into the game, saved and quit, went back into the game to the HH showcase and there was Reggie's Mii waiting for me.

Funny_Moblin

Funny_Moblin said:

@Arcamenel Thanks for the help, but I'm not getting a spotpass. I find it really unfair that visiting Reggie requires access to the HHS, because people like me kinda just started the game. And on top of that, I just gained permission to visit the HHS this morning...

So...I'm assuming he's not available anymore...

DreamDrop

DreamDrop said:

I can confirm that the house is still available and it's accessible using any NTSC 3DS, I'm living in Bahrain, Middle-East Asia and I'm in his house!! Yes my 3DS is NTSC.

Captain_Balko

Captain_Balko said:

Reggie's house was freaking amazing. And his comment is "My body is ready"! This is why I love Nintendo.

bluecat

bluecat said:

I was waiting for him to find a way to include "my body is ready" in the conversation. He did not disappoint.

Funny_Moblin

Funny_Moblin said:

.........I guess I feel like I'm in Europe. No Reggie for me...

This isn't fair...Reggie is getting a wedgie.

Relias

Relias said:

I am surprised Reggie plays this.. I mean for a guy about Kicking Donkey and taking Names.. Animal Crossing would seem like a last choice.. with that being said however... I would love for him to state his Body is Ready for Wii Kung FU... LOL..

bluecat

bluecat said:

@Funny_Moblin He just showed up the other day. I noticed a blue dot on my ACNF icon so I checked it out. Make sure you have SpotPass on for the game. I believe those settings are avaiable at the start of the game when you are loading your game.

Zaphod_Beeblebrox

Zaphod_Beeblebrox said:

@Relias My hunch is Reggie's house was created by Nintendo staffers, not by Reggie himself. But, hey, I could be wrong.

I really need to practice making patterns. That bedspread is mondo awesome.

Plutonian

Plutonian said:

@Nibelilt
I'm not sure if your talking about visiting Reggie, but you don't need the Dream Suite to tour his house, you only need to have access to the homes showcase. I think you gain access once you repay your first home loan.

StraTTtheRipper

StraTTtheRipper said:

How long will this be available? I finally got my street pass activated for my game this morning, so hopefully I can still tour his house and buy some cool stuff. :P

EpicGamer

EpicGamer said:

@Funny_Moblin
-.- You must of not understood what I meant. I said that if you have the train station gate open, the showcase gate, or whatever it's called will be blocked by a fence. (the showcase gate is in the plaza where all the shops are.)
If you have the TRAIN STATION GATE open, then close it right away.
Also, did you even unlock the showcase? There should be a brown and white dog in front of the SHOWCASE GATE. (Once again, you train gate must be closed in order to go to the showcase!)

KingBowser

KingBowser said:

I still haven't gotton him yet. I have spotpass enabled but I wonder why I haven't got him yet Anybody else wonder why? Please help. I've had the game since the end of August.