Bravely Default: Flying Fairy is Confirmed for the West

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Prayers have been answered

Nintendo's latest 3DS Direct did bring some surprises, but also some long awaited pieces of confirmation. One of these is that Bravely Default: Flying Fairy, the eagerly anticipated RPG from Square Enix, is on the way to both North America and Europe.

It's already enjoyed a successful release in Japan, with plenty dutifully adding it to their wishlist following a strong critical response and the teasing details that emerged. Hints at localisation have certainly been around this year, so this official confirmation removes any doubt.

In the European segment of the broadcast it was described as coming this year, whereas 2014 is the expected schedule in North America; Nintendo is partnering with Square Enix for the publication.

So, how many of you are excited about playing this in the West? Let us know in the comments below.

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

I don't care as to when just glad its coming. This year there is already too many games I want!

Ralizah

Ralizah said:

Gives me a chance to play all of the other games coming out this year.

3dsisthebest

3dsisthebest said:

thank you nintendo...so much...now please prof. layton vs ace attorney, time travelers and fantasy life from level 5 need to come too

ferthepoet

ferthepoet said:

This is awesome but I'm worried about Time Travelers and Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney those are two key titles Nintendo should decide to publish in the west as well....... 3ds can end up having the best game library ever if the games don't end up stuck in Japan

Prof_Elvin_Gadd

Prof_Elvin_Gadd said:

@Tech101 That is definitely true. The only month of this year that I don't have any games I plan on purchasing is July. I can wait until next year. Patience, they say, is a virtue.

SuperconsoleAdmin

Superconsole said:

YES!!! I've been crossing my fingers for this for a long time now, can't believe it has finally been announced!! :D

Dpullam

Dpullam said:

The video they showed of this game was quite impressive. I am eagerly awaiting this game's release.

Dpishere

Dpishere said:

I have been awaiting this moment for a long time! The game looks just as good as I had hoped!

Tysamu

Tysamu said:

the only downside of this is that the game is going to be coming out next year

Emaan

Emaan said:

So glad we finally have confirmation! :3
I'm fine with this not being released in 2013, there's already a huge amount of games I'm planning on getting this year.

Melkaticox

Melkaticox said:

I CAN'T BELIEVE Nintendo needs to go in a partnership with Square-Mind to publish one of their biggest titles released on the 3DS...
...Seriously.
Obviously, they don't want to waste too much money. And it seems like Nintendo's strategy to publish more japanese games on the 3DS is working...hmm...

Windy

Windy said:

I have plenty to play this year hopefully early 2014 to give me some time to finish up some great games

TheXboxHero

TheXboxHero said:

Can't wait! The 3DS is starting to shape up and become that handheld that they were ALWAYS supposed to be! Thank you Square Enix for supporting! (I hope they're on NL :P)

Icefreak45

Icefreak45 said:

Can't wat for this to hit but honstly glad it's coming next year. I'm already stretched for time and money to play all th awesome games coming this year. Oh what a great year it is to be a Nintendo fan :D!

Godstrike

Godstrike said:

This literally almost brought me to tears now my hopes and dreams have been forfilled

RetroGBHippie92

RetroGBHippie92 said:

I am so buying this, I really enjoyed its spiritual predecessor Final Fantasy: The Four Heroes of Light, did anyone apart from me think that game was brilliant?

CrimsonFire

CrimsonFire said:

Looks interesting,might get this.Also to support that nintendo localizing games is worth it

RevolverLink

RevolverLink said:

I'm slightly annoyed that Square-Enix even needed Nintendo to pick up the publishing slack for all of us to get this game, but at least it's finally coming.

TheAdza

TheAdza said:

Well I hope Nintendo gets a good chuck of the sales money if they are the ones paying for it to be published. I can't wait for this game. I love jrpgs.

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

I'm tonnes pumped for Bravely Default! :D :D :D I've been waiting agessss for this game to be announced to come over & now it is! :D Can't wait!

LavaTwilight

LavaTwilight said:

It looks really good and I have a thing for cute curvaceous anime chicks... I have to do more research into it first though.

LordessMeep

LordessMeep said:

HYPED. Thank God its coming next year, I have no money for games this year. I hope they keep the Japanese dialogue option as they did in FE:A. :)

I now await the Fantasy Life localization announcement. :D

kdognumba1

kdognumba1 said:

FINALLY YEEESSS!!!!!

This is my single most wanted title on 3DS for localization. Funny, this, Project X Zone, SMTIV, Rune Factory 4, Fantasy Life, and Guild 02 are all getting localized. I can't wait! 3DS is looking to be amazing!

FonistofCruxis

FonistofCruxis said:

I'm glad that we've finally got confirmation of a western release for this game and it's great that Europe are getting it this year.