Bravely Default: Flying Fairy Twitter Account Hints At Localisation

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

We'll take any hint thrown our way

It's a regular occurence, especially with 3DS, to look at some attractive and promising titles and realise, with a heavy heart, that they may never make it outside of Japan. They're typically RPG titles, and they're often accompanied by gorgeous, imaginative visuals and special edition releases packed with collectible goodies.

One of these is Bravely Default: Flying Fairy, an RPG published by Square Enix that we can't stop talking about here at Nintendo Life; this has unfortunately led to disappointing moments of Square Enix teasers that were ultimately for mediocre mobile games. Today we have a bone to chew on from the developer itself, however, as below is a tweet from the game's official account and a follow up from Cheesemeister, who's well known for useful translations of, among other things, Japanese Nintendo Direct broadcasts.

Could localisation actually be on the agenda? We certainly hope so; let us know what you think and whether this is on your wishlist in the comments below.

Thanks to KodaSmoss for the tip.

KodaSmooss

KodaSmooss said:

My moment of glory! My name is appearing at the end of a news :)!

Anyway, this is a GREAT news! More J-RPG's on the way.

CapnPancakes

CapnPancakes said:

Please let it be announced for NA soon. It looks so wonderful and the 3DS could use a good JRPG.

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

AWESOME! I'mma desperate for this game to come out here! Greatly looking forward to it :D I don't even mind if it has to be eShop only, though I'd greatly prefer a physical copy that comes with CD &/or artbook or something awesome like that. Day 1 buy for sure! :D

Tysamu

Tysamu said:

Words can't express how ecstatic I am. This is lookin to be a great year for the 3DS

Pokefanmum82

Pokefanmum82 said:

hopefully they will announce this soon. I really want this game. I did sign the petition for it to be brought to the West.

Haxonberik

Haxonberik said:

Mediocre is too little to describe All the Bravest. Anyway, how good is this gane according to Japanese critics? I have avoided checking until now to not eat my heart out.

Jukilum

Jukilum said:

I don't think Square Enix ever said anything that suggested All the Bravest was Bravely Default. Wasn't that just speculation about some domain names they registered?

Fillytase

Fillytase said:

Final Fantasy: All the Bravest was an iOS game, and apparently a poopy one at that.

retro_player_22

retro_player_22 said:

Yes bring Bravely Default over here and you Square Enix will be on the right track to becoming the best RPG company again. Localize Final Fantasy Type-0 for NA too and you have my dollars even more.

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

I'm already on RPG overload. Keep um coming. I'm getting all that I can and this will definitely be day one for me. So much 3ds love coming our way!

FonistofCruxis

FonistofCruxis said:

I hope this is true. It would be great to have a such a promising original JRPG be released on the 3DS in the west.

hamsterfactor

hamsterfactor said:

Fingers crossed! I'm hoping there's also a tiny little chance of seeing Fantasy Life localized...

XCWarrior

XCWarrior said:

Listened to a podcast which had Americans who live in Japan talk about this game. Sounds awesome. I sure as hell hope it comes over. Come on Square Enix, deliver it to us! Make 3DS as good of a JRPG platform as DS was!

Gen0neD

Gen0neD said:

Here's me doing my part to help make this real, by way of saying," DAY ONE!!!"

Emaan

Emaan said:

I really, really want to see this game localized. Hopefully Square takes the chance and does so!

TheXboxHero

TheXboxHero said:

Oh my god! Please Square Enix! Ive been waiting for a localization since it was announced!

Zemus-DJ

Zemus-DJ said:

Yes! This and Dragon quest VII, which I'm sure will come. And while you're at it, bring some of that FF and DQ VC over to 3DS :)

WoottWinds

WoottWinds said:

Been drooling over this since it was first announced... My 3DS cartridge slot yeeeeeearns for its RPG goodness.

ecco6t9

ecco6t9 said:

If Square Enix does another iOS game launch from this I may just lose it.

Weedy

Weedy said:

Would definately get this game if it did come over to Europe.
Also, Beyond the Labyrinth anyone?!!

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

@Weedy WOAH! I'd never even heard of 'Beyond the Labyrinth' before but from what little I've seen of it: holy moly that's one beautiful looking 3DS game! I definitely want that game too! Please Konami! I'll buy it day 1 :D