Animal Crossing: New Leaf Release Dates Announced For Europe And North America

Posted by Orla Madden

The one we've all been waiting for

During both Nintendo of Europe and Nintendo of America's Nintendo Direct broadcasts, a release date has been given for Animal Crossing: New Leaf for the regions.

That's right, North Americans will finally be able to get their hands on the popular simulation game on the 9th June, with Europeans getting the game five days later on 14th June.

This time around you're the mayor of your own town, so no need to worry about that greedy so-and-so Tom Nook.

June can't come quick enough, and we're sure you're thinking the same too. For now, check out the trailer below featuring Mr. Eguchi, which was shown during todays broadcast.

Peach64

Peach64 said:

Day one digital release for me. I love animal crossing and having it always on the console is perfect.

BenAV

BenAV said:

Finally, a release date.
Now the big question... To preorder, or to download?

stevenm

stevenm said:

finally europe realease date for animal crossing 3ds!!!!

four months left!!

Haxonberik

Haxonberik said:

Kinda disappointing, but expected from Nintendo: Q2 of any expected game will normally end being released on June.

GBLUIGI

GBLUIGI said:

I've been waiting quite some time for Animal Crossing: New Leaf just like everyone else has. Can't wait to get my hands on this game 6/9/2013.

Sun

Sun said:

Yes, this time I agree. Animal Crossing fits in 3DS perfectly.

Kohaku

Kohaku said:

@BenAV

To download I think so you allways can do a little fishing in a spare 10 minutes without swapping cartridges.
I prefer cartridges but this will be a download.

Sir_Teabag

Sir_Teabag said:

yay! awesome news, and right around my birthday too, cant wait! this ill be downloading this now that i finally got a 32gb class 10

Emaan

Emaan said:

Finally! This comes out two days after school gets out for me. Perfect way to start the summer! :D

ArcanaXVI

ArcanaXVI said:

Day-one digital purchase. I want this one with me everywhere I go. Only eight days before my birthday, too--the perfect gift!

rjejr

rjejr said:

That guy doing the video should rent himself out to kids birthday parties as a giant panda.

Nobody in my family has ever been into any type of sims games - the kids will only play Arena in MHTri - but their recent introduction and quick addiction to Minecraft makes me think New Leaf may be in their future. Seems nice and relaxing for long summer vacation car rides.

Chrono_Cross

Chrono_Cross said:

This is exciting news. And just in time for Summer. :)

It's times like these that I wish I was a teenager again, with no job and no school. I barely have enough free time and sanity to read a book.

HawkeyeWii

HawkeyeWii said:

Can't wait! I just hope that there is a more significant difference between this and City Folk than there was between City Folk and Wild World.

Bit_Trip_Kirby

Bit_Trip_Kirby said:

Why'd they have to change Shizue's name to Isabelle? Anyways this is awesome! Perfect way to start the Summer.

coolvw93

coolvw93 said:

alright! been waiting forever for this one it feels like, cant wait till summer!

DerpSandwich

DerpSandwich said:

In other news, Pikmin 3 is most certainly not making the launch window as originally planned.

gamergoddess

gamergoddess said:

1 month before my birthday, so yeah. I'M NOT WAITING A MONTH THOUGH SO I'M GETTING IT ON MY OWN, LIKE A BOSS.

Emaan

Emaan said:

June 9th, only five days after my birthday! Not to mention Summer vacation will have just started, so this is perfect timing! Can't wait. :D

dudey300Staff

dudey300 said:

Nice start to the summer for those on their summer holidays and what not!

Zombie_Barioth

Zombie_Barioth said:

Well, this is awesome news. I think this might be the first summer I've looked forward to in quite awhile.:)

NocturnalYoshi

NocturnalYoshi said:

I had a premonition last night that us in NA would get a release date for Animal Crossing:New Leaf today, and it would appear I was right!!! Yay! Its about time too! It sure does look amazing... Can. Not. Wait. :-D

Capt_N

Capt_N said:

Groovy, though NoA's rep for making release dates I'm not too trusting in. However, this was supposed to be here last summer, so I imagine this release date is pretty much finalized.

Edit: If I get this, I will still be willing to get cartridge/card, since I don't like Nintendo's current policies regarding digital purchases.

Oscarsome

Oscarsome said:

Finally some good games in the summer! And AC out of all games? The only game that can keep you entertained for months (even years)? Simply perfect.

Gorlokk

Gorlokk said:

So it's releasing on 6/9? Not only is that hilarious, but only 3 days after my birthday, as well as the 1 year anniversary of a song I wrote last year (it's actually kind of lame, but it's more of an inside joke between me and my friends).

UnrealDan

UnrealDan said:

I don't get what the hype is all about? This game looks like it's for teenage girls..I just don't get it

andreoni79

andreoni79 said:

Am I the only one who think the camera is too close to characters? Is there a zoom out option?

Araknie

Araknie said:

The second AC i will get after the first one on GameCube, in this fast paced times i really need some relaxing.

DarkKirby

DarkKirby said:

Seriously, June 9th? It came out Japan November 8th! Anyone know if New Leaf's online is less of a disaster then Animal Crossing for the DS?

Gustoff

Gustoff said:

Day 1 purchase for me. This is the game i've been waiting for. Does anybody remember what day E3 starts this year? I think it's the 10th of June. I'm hoping that they'll release something for free thru Spotpass for AC: New Leaf. :) Doesn't hurt to hope.

Shiromikio

Shiromikio said:

Finally! Thanks Nintendo. Looking forward to the release day. Just haven't decided to get in retail or download ... I'd like to collect a physical copy but it's also a game I'd keep conveniently on the front page. If there's a special edition I'll probably go for the physical copy.

Windy

Windy said:

I take my 3DS to work with me everyday to count my footsteps and see if I can get any Streetpass hits. I work in a Hotel in Las Vegas. I don't get very many Streetpass hits to be honest. Usually about 6 per month. However yesterday I got home and saw that I got 2 hits from Japanese gamers and It says for both "I've been playing Animal Crossing New Leaf Lately!" Jealousy coursed through my body and Happiness at the same time cause I know the game is near. We are almost there. Something funny I tried to use them for find Mii and it didn't allow me to use them. I was able to get a couple new puzzle pieces though

Gullwing

Gullwing said:

It's high time we got a release date! So excited about AC: New Leaf. The only huge turn-off for me is the lack of voice chat on multiplayer. :/