Renegade Kid Confirms Mutant Mudds 2

Posted by Andy Green

Even more Mudds

3DS eShop title Mutant Mudds has proven to be extremely popular with Nintendo gamers, so much so that Renegade Kid, the game's developer, is bringing the game to the Wii U eShop in what is known as Mutant Mudds Deluxe.

Yesterday we learnt that the new content in Mutant Mudds Deluxe would be exclusive to Wii U, and now even more Mudds related news has emerged. Renegade Kid's co-founder Jools Watsham has taken to Twitter once more to announce that a sequel to the game is confirmed.

There's no official confirmation yet as to which systems the game will appear on, though the 3DS would surely be on the list due to the first game being such a success on the platform.

What do you think of this news? Are you happy to see a brand new Mutant Mudds title on the cards? Let us know in the comments below.

[via twitter.com]

Dashtag

Dashtag said:

YES! Can't wait.

Although this probably means I won't get Mutant Mudds Deluxe...

DefHalan

DefHalan said:

Hopefully they price Mutant Mudds 2 better. I felt 9 bucks for the first was a bit expensive when I can get Mighty Switch Force for 6.

KnightRider666

KnightRider666 said:

Funny, first they threaten to stop supporting the system due to pirates; now this. I don't know whether to be excited, or annoyed. I'm all for Mutant Mudds 2, but I don't want to get my hopes up only to find out later it gets cancelled because they are too scared to lose sales due to pirates. What does everybody else think about this?

Klunk23

Klunk23 said:

I really need to get the original. I don't have any money wright now though.

Sun

Sun said:

I did not really enjoy the demo so no interest from me. I need proper adventures on 3DS.

Dashtag

Dashtag said:

It's reconfirmed because they announced it then said nothing about it for half a year+

Azikira

Azikira said:

I'm tired of all the tiny download games they do... Dementium? Moon? Please?

Zemus-DJ

Zemus-DJ said:

I thought MM was ok, till I realized there was no Bosses :( would of been do much better if so! Here's hoping he will add them in MM2

Klimbatize

Klimbatize said:

Good news to me. I enjoyed the first quite a bit. I would assume it gets a release on the 3DS eShop, which is what I prefer because a game like this is perfect as a portable game.

Dodger

Dodger said:

Cool. I've been enjoying Mutant Mudds a lot. Working on unlocking the jump power. One level to go. >:(

MrSatan

MrSatan said:

It's also pritty decent on iOS, can't wait to play deluxe on my wii u, thanks renegade kid

SirQuincealot

SirQuincealot said:

@Klunk23 dont do it, support a company that actually cares about their fans, and not just in it or the bucks, which i know is wierd to say bit who threatens their fans?

Klimbatize

Klimbatize said:

Wow, a lot of people sure like making up things to be mad about. Threaten their fans? LOL.

Klimbatize

Klimbatize said:

@SirQuincealot

Yeah, I read that article. I still marvel that you translate those quotes as "threatening their fans" though.

Again, people sure like making up things to be mad about.

EDIT: Your Planet Crashers comments enlightens me a bit. Perhaps you just don't like Renegade Kid's games so now you've found a "legitimate" reason to dislike them.

Sun

Sun said:

It's not a threat, it's a way of saying if you hackers hack the 3DS go to hell and forget about my games for your nice hacked console.

SirQuincealot

SirQuincealot said:

@Krimbatize the 3ds is the only console they make money from, they can leave for all i care, but there is no way they will make a cent just releasing there games for pc, also i liked mutant mudds, nothing speacial about it but its fun

Knux

Knux said:

Hopefully, it will come to PSN. RK doesn't need to limit their games to lame Nintendo devices.

SparkOfSpirit

SparkOfSpirit said:

Didn't take long for people to ignore the game for piracy talk to vilify the developer for no reason.

Oh well, miss out on a good game if you want. The first game was great, this should be better.

GamecubeMan

GamecubeMan said:

Seems pretty cool but if it is like Crashmo is to Pushmo, I'll hold off on the more challenging sequel until I actually beat the first one XD

SirQuincealot

SirQuincealot said:

@Knux yeah but sony hates games that dont meet their graphical standereds, a 16-bit looking game will be ripped apart from playstaion fans

eviLaTtenDant

eviLaTtenDant said:

Really liked the original and bonus levels.
I wonder if the new game will play a bit differently. Just having new levels might not do it for me this time.

KAHN

KAHN said:

thought the demo for MM was lame, but the actual game was funner. i wonder if it'll be like that again...

Windy

Windy said:

Im going to pass, unless there is a significant difference between Part 1 and 2. But more of the same just will not do. We'll see. MM1 was great and shouldnt be missed.

Furealz

Furealz said:

Why is everyone talking about Majora's Mask on a Mutant Mudds article? Lol!

sweetiepiejonus

sweetiepiejonus said:

@MrWalkieTalkie
That's why they say there is no such thing as bad publicity.

Yeah I think it was stupid he threatened us because of piracy. I personally think he was looking for someone to blame other than Lady Luck, and it made him sound like a baby. But I don't care as long as the games are good. Like Phil Fish is a clownshoe but I'm not going to deprive myself of Fez.

WildMan

WildMan said:

As long as it fixes the flaws of the first (no bosses, jumps of faith) and it's for 3ds, then I'll gladly download this!

2Sang

2Sang said:

I haven't played it too much, but it seems good enough to have a sequel. Of course, I better finish the first one first.

MagicEmperor

MagicEmperor said:

I rather enjoyed Mutant Mudds. I would like to see some boss fights, though, or at least one notable variation to the formula. So, yeah. Whether this will be on the Wii U or (preferably) the 3DS, I'll buy the sequel.

Drawdler

Drawdler said:

This was announced a while ago, but it's nice to see "we're still working on it". Unless it gets really bad reviews definetly getting it.

sweetiepiejonus

sweetiepiejonus said:

@MagicEmperor

Dingdongs like that aren't worth the time. Let them have something to make them feel 'cool' and I'll stick with my "lame" Nintendo device...except if I find another device that's worth buying, I'll buy it. I don't get the relationship status people develop with companies.

Vincent294

Vincent294 said:

I liked the 1st, but it wasn't as good as I expected it. I'd like more level variation, as in enemies, not just environments. Also, more abilities gained similar to power ups would be nice too.

EvisceratorX

EvisceratorX said:

They already confirmed this in the secret ending that came with those extra CGA levels. Did anybody else notice that Max was standing in a new environment?

KnightRider666

KnightRider666 said:

@Extremist, 3Dash, & SirQuincealot: I didn't mention any specific system. I wasn't thinking a boycott, I just think what they said was messed up; that's all.

ThreadShadow

ThreadShadow said:

Jools: "I'll not support Nintendo anymore...blaargh!"
Jools: "ATV and Mudds 2 to 3DS and exclusive content for Mudds Wii U!"

O_o

Kirk

Kirk said:

It will be interesting to see the improvements they've made from the first one.

Windy

Windy said:

@Gamesake for games like Mutant Mudds and Gunman Clive the 3DS is perfect. Playing it any other way your just missing out

Knux

Knux said:

@SirQuincealot That's nonsense. There are many retro-styled games on PSN. Sony will gladly take any games for the sake of money. They are not like they were in the days of the PS1. Example? Both Mega Man 9 and Mega Man 10 are on PSN.

There's no harm in putting games on other platforms instead of limiting yourself to Nintendo devices when they don't even know how to do online properly. Having a game like this on the Vita or PS3 with trophies would be a god-send.

retro_player_22

retro_player_22 said:

Yes I love the original, can't wait for the Deluxe version and I surely look forward to the sequel as well.

SpriteKing

SpriteKing said:

Awesome! I've yet to collect all the Granny Coins, but MM is my favourite eShop game. Can't wait!

ouroborous

ouroborous said:

hm, he was just complaining about piracy fears for the 3DS and that they would stop producing anything for the 3DS, now just days later, we hear that mutant mudds 2 for 3DS is confirmed. go figure.

Itglows

Itglows said:

Should be good, I think the music was one of the best parts of the 1st one, I hope they hire the same guy

SubZer023

SubZer023 said:

MutantMudds I LOVE THE First one The Music To The upgrades in its one Hell of a Challenge And Now A MutantMudds2 This is a Have to Get For 3DS XD

MarioKenny1992

MarioKenny1992 said:

cool, I might get it sometime after it releases when I have the cash. I've beaten the first one with every coin acquired