Zelda's Timeline is Simple In the Hands of Dr Emmett Brown

Posted by James Newton

No more confusion!

Yes, there is a Zelda master timeline document, but members of Nintendo's inner sanctum will ever likely be able to see it. That hasn't stopped fans from trying to make sense of it themselves, but they were all missing the right tools: a DeLorean, a flux capacitor and a healthy love of all things Back to the Future.

Of course, it's not the first time that 1980s movies and Zelda have combined, but once you've seen Link as Marty McFly things will never be the same.

Check out the video below and see if the series' chronology makes more sense than it did before.

[via kotaku.com]

fishman100

fishman100 said:

If the master timeline included a time traveling thingy then I would quit Zelda forever. :P

OrangeSmoothie

OrangeSmoothie said:

I actually understand this timeline, but... the video itself..... yeah.
Maybe that's why Link doesn't talk.

Rensch

Rensch said:

I read a comic in a gaming magazine that combined Ocarina of Time's time travelling with BttF.

pepsilover2008

pepsilover2008 said:

somehow i wouldn't doubt if the storyline was just some kid named zelda having a dream and the player is just in the dream as link

aaronsullivan

aaronsullivan said:

That is Link's real voice. In an unrelated note: Link will not be voiced in any future Zelda game.

Chris720

Chris720 said:

This is makes even less sense and now I'm confused. What is this, Back to the Future the Legend of Link? :P

Link79

Link79 said:

Ah so that's why the Zelda games are in an alternate reality!
Biff stole the time machine and used the sports Almanac to bet on the horse races back in 1955!
GREAT SCOTT!

Mikau94

Mikau94 said:

That was heavy, now Link has to go the Wild West, I wonder how that Zelda game will be? Wait maybe it was only released in a alternate timeline!

GamerZack7

GamerZack7 said:

HAHAHAHA!!!! :D

They even incorporated Super Smash Bros. and the GCN Soulcalibur II into the timeline! Genius!
WAAAAAAAAH!! A pun! :O

Ecto-1

Ecto-1 said:

Nice impersonations of Doc and Marty. I'm still lost as far as the time line goes though...

LiquidFog

LiquidFog said:

So according to this the link in Wind Waker is a descendent of OoT link... I knew they weren't the same person but I didn't know they were related

Balaclavab

Balaclavab said:

I made my own attempt at making a Time Line, but mine doesn't use the split timeline theory. On a different note: Doesn't the drum beat thats being played with the music during the credits/timeline resemble the drum beat in No More Heroe's Theme Tune???

danschemen

danschemen said:

i saw this and it was AWESOME i showed it to my brother and dad since we all play the legend of zelda and loved the back to the future movies. they laughed at it too

Lotice-Paladin

Lotice-Paladin said:

He should have used the Part 3 quote "To send you back to the future!", "You mean the Past?", "Exactly!"

By the way, it's a coincidence British TV were showing Part 3 only a few days ago (which I watched being a fan of the series).