Hyrule Warriors Update to Bring New Game Mode

Posted by Alex Olney

What could it be?

The official Japanese Hyrule Warriors Twitter account has announced the release of a new game mode delivered through a patch that will also tackle minor bugs in the game.

Translated:

An update is coming that addresses bugs and glitches and also includes a new mode. Development is near to completion, and we are currently testing it to make sure it's ready for distribution. We are working hard to make sure it's released as soon as possible, please wait a just a bit longer!

There are no details as to what the new game mode will involved, but many fans have been clamouring for online capabilities, and considering previous games in the Dynasty Warriors series have had this functionality, it's not entirely out of the question. Let's just hope that whatever it is is available soon enough to be a day one update for Western audiences.

What do you think it could be? Are you hoping for online gameplay or something else entirely? Let us know below!

[via twitter.com]

VoodooTrumpet

VoodooTrumpet said:

What modes are included currently besides the Campaign and Adventure Mode? I read about a Villain mode somewhere - is that an alternate campaign or even an actual thing?

PvtOttobot

PvtOttobot said:

Online functionality sounds good to me! There's only so much Hyrule Warriors my brother will play with me

Nik-Davies

Nik-Davies said:

I think an online mode would 100% convince me to get the game. At the moment, I'm basically just getting it to blow some money

NauticalCrimes

NauticalCrimes said:

I'm guessing it isn't online mode. If it is online mode then my interest in this product is returned.

Mega719

Mega719 said:

That could just be New Game+, why are people assuming an online mode? We were already told no online capabilities

leons2

leons2 said:

It could be online mode or maybe a endless mode where there is no limit on killing enemies

Gerbwmu

Gerbwmu said:

Online probably makes the most sense. I don't know what else they could be adding?

This might be a Christmas Present to myself.....I've never played any of the Warriors series but I've been itching for a good button masher as of late.

B3ND3R

B3ND3R said:

I'm betting it'll be something either multiplayer related or something akin to a "Instant action" thing where you just hop into a stage with any character and simply attempt to take over the map.. If it's online then I know for a fact the sales will be boosted.. In fact, online is a reasonable thing to hope for, I bet once Nintendo saw the amount of pre-order increases after gamescom they probably thought "let's have Tecmo Koei put online in"..

B3ND3R

B3ND3R said:

@brewsky there already is online capabilities in Adventure mode where you can get boosts from your friends by finding them on the map and completing an objective.

DiscoGentleman

DiscoGentleman said:

I'm hoping it's online co-op for other people's sakes- it's lack of inclusion isn't a big deal for me, though it would be nice.

S3OL

S3OL said:

I just can't wait to have it in my hands! The wait is killing me.

BigH88

BigH88 said:

Great. If online co op is implemented I will be very happy. But I want it to be competitive.

Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano said:

If it's not available already, I'd like a villain story where you play as the characters such as Ganondorf, Ghirahim and Zant. Also dependent on the actual story content maybe a final story too where the good and evil characters join together to fight an enemy which is an enemy of both groups (I love the Sonic Adventure games and that concept is awesome).

Captain_Toad

Captain_Toad said:

I'm betting it's villain mode. Heh, I'd be surprised if they DO offer a legit online mode in this.

Yosher

Yosher said:

Would love online co-op. I don't see why this was even omitted from the game in the first place. But that's just me I guess?

argol228

argol228 said:

@BigH88 competative? the hell. you ever played a Dynasty warriors game. the closest thing they have to competitive is. playing it with friends and bragging about your KO Count. Now not saying competitive in a warriors game is bad. if it is done right. Such as playing it like normal, just with a player on each side. but an actual deathmatch mode. get out of here. the combat system is too simple for that.

Either way. there isn't even online so hope for online before hoping for competitive

smashbrolink

smashbrolink said:

@Mega719 if that were true, then Nintendo wouldn't have gone from distancing themselves from mature titles, to fully funding games like Bayonetta 2 and Devils Third, not to mention saying yes to using DLC in more of their first party games.
Nintendo changes their minds on things quite often.

nik1470

nik1470 said:

I'm hoping for a ship it to the west faster mode. Seriously though if there is bug fixes I hope its a day one patch in the west.

Alucard83

Alucard83 said:

It would be a very wise choice to put an online option. This game is great for it! I can't wait to try out :-).

BigH88

BigH88 said:

@argol228 thats what I meant. Competitive as in who gets the most kills or who kills the boss fastest. Something like that. One on one in that kind of game wouldn't work.

Emblem

Emblem said:

@BigH88 @argol228 Actually most mainline Dynasty Warriors since the 2nd one (Which is the 1st game with the warriors formula, 1st one was a vs game) have challenge mode, which is are normally 5 or so mini games/challenges that can be completed solo or competitively.

In terms of fully featured versus modes only Warriors Orichi 3 Hyper & Ultimate have had both a duel mode (With ability cards to add variation to the combat), and also allowed you and and a second player to be on opposing sides in free battles.

That said Warriors games are made for solo and co-op player, competitive modes are nice to mix it up but no one buys them for that purpose.

Personally I hope its a officer/boss rush mode like Dynasty Warriors 8XLC, the mode is amazingly good fun especially in co-op.

Edit: Totally forgot FOTNS2 also has 8 player competitive & co-op modes on Wii U.

AlbertoC

AlbertoC said:

Hopefully it will be any sort of online mode. If it isn't it won't be a deal-breaker to me, though.

Also, pretty nice picture. It presents Queen Zelda as a femme fatale, or in Snake's words, as a thorned, beautiful rose.

smashbrolink

smashbrolink said:

@Mega719 And I'm saying they may yet change their mind about the online.
They're free to, and perfectly capable of, changing their minds about adding it into Hyrule Warriors.

vonseux

vonseux said:

Think online modes cant be added as update due legal reasons. On the game box it must be written if a game has online functionalities... but im not sure...

vonseux

vonseux said:

Sir_Deadly

Sir_Deadly said:

MAYBE one for Online play? I am really hoping for an online game mode in this update if NA get it!

Tiberius30

Tiberius30 said:

For anyone still whining about online co-op, here is something to help you get over it...
Untitled

Ralek85

Ralek85 said:

@Areaion Said it before, and gonna say it again, nobody is "whining" about online co-op. It's simply their loss, not mine.
If anybody believes in a shortage of DW-esque games, or 3rd-person hack'n'slay in general, they better wake up.
If they can't be bothered with an optional online co-op mode, then there a better options available. It's a buyers market, simple as that.

Alucard83

Alucard83 said:

Maybe we're making up stuff that will not happen. The title already says New Game mode. I guess once you beat the game you can replay with all the items you've collected. Maybe that's how we have to look @ it. Why online now?

invictus4000

invictus4000 said:

I'm calling it right now. The new mode is '8-bit Mode' in which the entire game is played using the graphics engine from Zelda II and becomes a side-scroller.

Subie98

Subie98 said:

Hopefully online. Id like to be able to play with some of my zelda loving friends that dont live near me anymore. Especially my friend stationed in Germany.

SavoirFaire

SavoirFaire said:

Isn't this game out in japan? Shouldn't there be full roster confirmations, mode confirmations, etc etc by now? This stuff is usually done in days for some US releases!

Wasn't the twitter translation only ruling out online co-op? I'm not really sure on that but would be nice to know, and it should be known by now bc of the japan release!

allav866

allav866 said:

I'm hoping for online co-op. Me and my friend are both getting the game, so I wanna play with him without having to venture to his place.

R_Champ

R_Champ said:

@Ralek85

I don't think you can put it any better. Not only is there already a lot of games on the market similar to this WITH online co-op...there's an amazing, EXCLUSIVE one coming out less than a month later that HAS online co-op already announced: Bayonetta 2. $60 for two amazing games in one package with online co-op or $60 for a bare bones DW game with a Zelda motif and no online co-op...I love Zelda but when you compare them like that I can't even justifying both.

Emblem

Emblem said:

@SavoirFaire All that information was out by release day, gamefaqs, gameexplain & Hyrulewarriors Wikia will have all the information you want. I'd recommend you wait until release and experience it yourself, i accidently stumbled across more than a few things i think i would have preferred to discover myself.

Mega719

Mega719 said:

@everyone as I predicted it has nothing to do with Online it's really just a challenge mode where you compete against the clock