Nintendo Download: 19th June (Europe)

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Pullblox World, Another World, a Monkey Pirate (World?) and much more

It's a day later than normal, but the Nintendo Download Update news for Europe is here, letting us know what we can look forward to on 19th June. There are quite a few new downloads across Wii U and 3DS, as it happens, along with a retro run-and-gun title, some discounts and retail DLC. Let's get to it.

Wii U eShop

Pullblox World (Nintendo, €9.99 / £8.99) — The first HD adventure of Mallo, this entry returns to the block pulling mechanics of the first 3DS title, throwing in a host of new puzzles and improved QR-code sharing options through Miiverse; it also supports compatible puzzles from the portable equivalent. It's suitably adjusted for the big screen and is as charming as ever, as we explained in our Pullblox World review.

Another World - 20th Anniversary Edition (Digital Lounge, €7.99 / £7.19) — This title was released on almost every system imaginable in the '90s, including the Super NES, and is considered as one of the early 'art' stylised games, a genre positively bursting at the seams in this download game era. Its return in remastered form is exciting for many older gamers as a result, and should probably grab the interest of some younger adventurers too. We'll see whether this fresh release does the original justice in our review.

Monkey Pirates (Henchmen Studios, €4.99 / £4.49) — This is a sea combat title in which you take on the role of, yep, a monkey pirate; there are multiple arenas and battles to take on along with various upgrades to earn. It could be a fun time on the high seas, and we'll check it out.

Color Zen Kids (Cypronia, €2.99 / £2.99) — We were fans of the original Color Zen on the Wii U and 3DS stores, so it'll be interesting to see how this 'kids' version of the cerebral and stylish puzzler stacks up; we'll find out soon in our review.

Wii U Virtual Console

Super C (Konami, €4.99 / £3.49) — Originally known as Probotector II: Return of the Evil Forces in Europe, this is actually the second entry in the famous run-and-gun series that was released on NES. It's a classic genre of which this was one of the earlier representatives, and we gave this a solid recommendation in our Super C review. This is the US version of the game.

Wii U Retail Download

How To Train Your Dragon 2 (Little Orbit, €39.99 / £29.99)

Wii U eShop Promotion

Pullblox World (Nintendo, €6.99 / £6.29 until 31st July if you've downloaded either Pullblox or Fallblox on 3DS using the same Nintendo Network ID.

Toki Tori 2+ (Two Tribes, €2.99 / £2.50 until 3rd July, normally €14.99 / £12.99)

3DS eShop

Another World - 20th Anniversary Edition (Digital Lounge, €7.99 / £7.19) — As per the Wii U release above, this title arrives on the 3DS to offer up an on-the-go alternative; we'll bring you our review soon.

Color Zen Kids (Cypronia, €2.99 / £2.99) — As per the Wii U release listed above.

BearShark (Barnstorm Games, €1.99 / £1.79) — Released in North America a little over a year ago, this is based on an animated series that was once on the little-used Nintendo Video service. It's an endless runner that should, in theory, have some zany humour to enjoy, though we found that it was bland and sub-par in every way in our BearShark review.

3DS Retail Download

How To Train Your Dragon 2 (Little Orbit, €29.99 / £24.99)

3DS eShop Temporary Discounts

Aqua Moto Racing 3D (Zordix AB, €5.99 / £5.39 until 17th July, normally €7.99 / £7.19)

Fractured Soul (Endgame Studios, €3.99 / £3.59 until 3rd July, normally €7.99 / £7.19)

3DS eShop DLC

Mario Golf: World Tour: Star Pack (Nintendo, €5.99 / £5.39 or free if a season pass was previously purchased) — This includes Rosalina as a playable character and two new courses, Mario’s Star and Rock-Candy Mines.

Mario Golf: World Tour: Free-Trial Course Pack (Nintendo, Free)

That's it for this week, European gamers. Let us know what you're planning to pick up in the poll and comments below.

What will you be downloading first this week? (210 votes)

Pullblox World (Wii U eShop)

36%

Another World - 20th Anniversary Edition (Wii U eShop)

13%

Monkey Pirates (Wii U eShop)

Color Zen Kids (Wii U eShop)

Super C (Wii U Virtual Console)

How To Train Your Dragon 2 (Wii U retail download)

Toki Tori 2+ (Wii U eShop temporary discount)

Another World - 20th Anniversary Edition (3DS eShop)

Color Zen Kids (3DS eShop)

BearShark (3DS eShop)

How To Train Your Dragon 2 (3DS retail download)

Aqua Moto Racing 3D (3DS eShop temporary discount)

Fractured Soul (3DS eShop temporary discount)

Mario Gold: World Tour - Star Pack (3DS DLC)

Just the free Mario Golf DLC trial for me

Nothing for me this week

26%

Please login to vote in this poll.

simonsskidor

simonsskidor said:

To all Wii U owners, now is the time to buy toki tori 2+ it is worth it , I liked it a lot.

Frapp

Frapp said:

I'd love to get Pullblox World and Another World, but just can't afford any games at the moment.

outburst

outburst said:

Pullblox World for me. Is Super C the same as Contra 2? I'll wait for Contra 1 then I'd buy them all 3.

Edit:
Never mind. It is Contra 2. Is the original ever released on VC?

erv

erv said:

Might get pullblox later, or on the occasional discount... got too much to game as it is. I'd advise everyone to get them toki tori 2+ as that is just a gem of a game.

SuperCharlie78

SuperCharlie78 said:

I own the original Pullblox from launch, then I updated the 3DS to the same NN ID I used for the Wii U, will I get the discount promotion for Pullblox World?

cmk8

cmk8 said:

Pullblox for me to take advantage of the offer.
Hopefully will get round to playing it sometime...

Tsurii897

Tsurii897 said:

@SuperCharlie78 Yup, you'll get the discount, if you're using the same NNID on both systems.

I will get Pullblox World later, but I have/want to save some money for now. The coming months and 2015 will be really darn expensive for me (finally getting a 3DS for the gen3 remakes and I'll buy a PS4 once Bloodborne hits the shelves next year)

SuperCharlie78

SuperCharlie78 said:

@Tsurii897
Yes, I definitely use the same NN ID on both 3DS and Wii U.
But when I purchased the original Pullblox there was no ID on the 3DS, I hope all my purchases have been updated to the "ID Level".
I'll check soon :)

Kiz3000

Kiz3000 said:

Monkey Pirates looks very interesting as a gamers party game, but the lack of online really hurts it. I may pick it up if/when it is in a sale.

Definitely picking up Pullblox World this week though.

PorllM

PorllM said:

Highly, HIGHLY recommend Toki Tori 2+. Me and my ex girlfriend 100%'d it last year sometime, we paid £12 for it and were very satisfied, and she's not even a gamer. It's one of the best puzzle games in recent years and doesn't explain anything to you, instead letting you explore and experiment, learning about the game world in your own time. For £2.50 it's an absolute steal!

jariw

jariw said:

Really looking forward to Pullblox World, since I haven't played it before. I should probably give Toki Tori 2+ one more chance, I stopped after just playing a few levels last year.

BakaKnight

BakaKnight said:

I waited eagerly an extra day and there is nothing for me this week, dammit! >.<;

Still in general it's not a bad week, ack, a very good one indeed with things like Pullblox arrival and TokiTori ultradiscounted (for not mention the rest) ^_^

Emblem

Emblem said:

Maybe monkey Pirates, looks like cheap multiplayer fun. Not sure about Pullbox yet as I'm not in a puzzle mood right now.

What happened to the How 2 Survive review? I got it day one and its a good port so I'm surprised no ones really speaking about it outside of Miiverse.

SahashraLA

SahashraLA said:

Waiting for Shovel Knight next week, still holding out hope for Pier Solar HD this month too. Didn't enjoy Pushmo or Crashmo. Despised Another World the first time around. How to Survive looks atrocious and thankfully doesn't last long. Think Diablo meets ZombiU sounds super neat? Maybe you'll enjoy it. I'm over zombies and Diablo has always been pretty overrated in my books. Others just did so much more with the template.
Maybe I have hope that NA will be getting a gem, seeing as we already have Super C. Which, for the record, is behind Hard Corps, Hard Corps Uprising, Shattered Soldier, Contra, Contra 3, Contra Rebirth and Contra Advance but still beats out the unmentionable 3D atrocity on the PS1. Contra games are pretty great. Super C just fell short.
Maybe we'll get another 3rd party game. Like one of the many promised by Capcom perhaps?

ULTRA-64

ULTRA-64 said:

@Smooching I really wish they would! Just finished part 1 of tales of..MI. this morning and need to download the other 4 parts soon but the Wii modes downloads are really prone to errors on my dodgy internet connection so a Wii u version would solve this. Also, it could be cheaper and use the touch screen, which would be nice =)

SahashraLA

SahashraLA said:

I didn't mention Contra 4 and for good reason. The way I listed the others is actually how I prefer the games at this time in my life. Yes, Uprising and SS are that high. I haven't actually played enough of C4 to know if I'd rank it any higher than Rebirth and it's definitely not been good enough to outrank C3. Rebirth was just alright in my books, though at least it's not a total write off like most of the Rebirth games were.

XyVoX

XyVoX said:

Pullblox & Toki Tori 2+ for my new MK8 Wii U now this is the kinda week i like on the eShop.

Starwolf_UK

Starwolf_UK said:

As far as Toki Tori 2 goes I have a strange feeling it will be a similar price in the Steam Summer Sale. Though in that case it is harder to pick which system to get it for. PC version does have the level editor but will I really play user generated content?

jariw

jariw said:

@Starwolf_UK FWIW, I played some Toki Tori 2+ today and noticed that the GamePad integration for that game is truly fantastic.

@LEGENDnoONE The price tags on the eShop titles are generally not in the AAA game legue.

ledreppe

ledreppe said:

I'd like Another World, but will wait for review. Loved it on the SNES, but if it's not been remade right it could ruin my experience of the original.

SKTTR

SKTTR said:

TOKI TORI 2+ for 2.99€? That's insane!
If you don't buy this game for that price it would make more sense to sell your Wii U.

Xilef

Xilef said:

Pullblox World! Also for that price it's really tempting to check out Toki Tori 2+. And since my littlebrother was really, really nice to me and bought me Tomodatchi Life (yeah, full price and everything!) i have a lot more extra money so i might buy Scram Kitty. It's going to be a good eShop month!

OneBagTravel

OneBagTravel said:

With the world cup being on right now, it's the perfect time to offer Super Mario Strikers, the GC game, on the Virtual Console.

XyVoX

XyVoX said:

Im surprised that Two Tribes haven't put the original Toki Tori on sale aswell as Toki Tori 2+ would of been nice to get them both.

Kaze_Memaryu

Kaze_Memaryu said:

Man, how long do I have to keep waiting until Hyper Light Drifter or PierSolar finally releases? I want to spend money on my WiiU library!

ricklongo

ricklongo said:

Maybe it's just me, but I think "Out of This World" is an infinitely better name than "Another World" in setting the mood of that game. Either way, I'll probably get it to experience it again at some point. Unless I'm mistaken, the original Out of This World was the very first game I ever played on a PC.

Ootfan98

Ootfan98 said:

Still waiting for Ninty to provide shared games between 3DS and Wii U, I'm fed up with paying for the same game twice

Nintendzoey

Nintendzoey said:

I am getting really sick of this. Each week I look at the list hoping for a good game to be released on the 3DS Eshop. I have been constantly disappointed this year (unlike last year's great selection). None of the games I wanted to play were even released in Europe or Australia (especially 'Disney Magical World' and 'Chibi-Robo's Photo Finder').
The only game I have enjoyed this year was the new Kirby one.
I thought I would hopefully enjoy Tomodachi Life but it gets old after just a week (although I did enjoy it at first).
Nothing else has interested me, starting to wonder why I bought a 3DS in the first place...

Marshi

Marshi said:

If we keep getting weeks like we have been doing recently im going to be a very happy but broke guy! Just hurry and announce gamecube vc nintendo,we all know its coming

Byron-3D

Byron-3D said:

Only really interested in Another World, il wait for a review first then try decide what console to pick it up on. I'm only about 50 points off from my free £5 eShop credit as part of the premium promo so may put that towards it.

Jayvir

Jayvir said:

I got the Season Pass for Mario Golf so technically I'm getting that. I'm interested in Pullblox (Pushmo for us Americans), but it'll have to wait as I'm strapped on cash.

Game-Over

Game-Over said:

Decent offerings this week for the Wii U and with another console soon to be added to the VC things are looking up.

Noelemahc

Noelemahc said:

Another World 3DS. Please tell me it will support 3D mode, because this is the one game 3D was made for.

dinosauryoshi

dinosauryoshi said:

Having only just got the Wii U with MK 8 a few weeks ago I'm still working through a rather large backlog so nothing for me this week! Pullblox has been added to the list though, looks good.

Kolzig

Kolzig said:

Definitely Pullblox World with the discount.

Also Another World is just an amazing classic super hard game. I'v bought that game so many times that I've lost count. Eric Chahi was just a great master wizard in creating that game. Time passes by but the game is just ageless, it always works.

unrandomsam

unrandomsam said:

Fractured Soul is probably the best thing on their I have played. (Light Years better than Mutant Mudds anyway).