Video: Rayman Legends has the Eye of the Tiger, Mariachi Style

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

We pity the fools who don't check it out

Ubisoft seems to be getting ready to build the excitement for Rayman Legends, which will finally grace the Wii U in late August/early September. In the meantime Wii U owners can indulge in the free Challenge App, which is another way to build a bit of personal hype for the long-awaited platformer.

One new set of levels that look likely to be a memorable part of this sequel are the music-based runners, where you dash to the right while jumping and attacking in time to the beat. Wii U gamers have already enjoyed Castle Rock, which sees you dashing through against a backdrop of a besieged castle, all while a quirky version of 'Black Betty' is urging you along. In a recent interview with Lead Game Designer Emile Morel we were told to "expect to have more covers from very famous songs" when the final game hits. Ubisoft's now released a new video to show another playable music stage, this time taking a Mariachi band approach to the Survivor song that's famous courtesy of Rocky III: Eye of the Tiger.

You can check it out below in all of its bizarre and cheesy glory.

19Robb92

19Robb92 said:

Love the music levels. The one in the demo/app is so much fun! Looks great.

DESS-M-8

DESS-M-8 said:

Amazing, very clever level design and very addictive to play. This game is still a must buy for me, the challenge app is excellent aswell

MarioMario

MarioMario said:

Ever since playing Castle Rock I've been hoping music levels would be abundant through this game, so this is great news to me!

Bulbousaur

Bulbousaur said:

Cool, and I'm sure the 6 months extra is paying off to make the game better.

Call me an idiot, but I'm still not buying. I simply cannot support delaying a game for so long 2 weeks before release, even if it is amazing.

ThomasBW84Admin

ThomasBW84 said:

@RainbowGazelle Hm, thanks for the kind comment! I've tweaked the tagline, I think it's right now.

Maybe it's the full day hunched over a keyboard writing or not being a perfect automaton that's always 100% on the money. Either way, tweaked.

kobe1724

kobe1724 said:

The more I play the app and watch these videos, the more I'm liking this game. Seems like a must have.

RainbowGazelle

RainbowGazelle said:

@ThomasBW84 Yeah, sorry, I didn't mean to sound so aggressive. Bad grammar irritates me more than I should let it.

Anyway the game is looking better every time I see it.

ThomasBW84Admin

ThomasBW84 said:

@RainbowGazelle No need, I'm a snippy old grump but shouldn't reply as one :)

I'm really looking forward to this game, though I think this new level's a few marks lower on the EPIC scale, especially without the crazy finale of Castle Rock. It's certainly on my must-buy list, as it has been since it was first unveiled.

FullbringIchigo

FullbringIchigo said:

well i loved the Challenge App especially Castle Rock that level is so much fun, definitely going to get that game once it's out

PinkSpider

PinkSpider said:

These music levels are incredibly well designed, I never thought I would say it but Nintendo could learn a few things with there 2D Mario games. Pure genius I cant wait to play more of these levels roll on September or what ever the release month is.

Funny_Moblin

Funny_Moblin said:

Is this level shown in the video going to be part of the actual game when it comes out, or is it just another upcoming challenges app level? (I hope it's from the actual game)

Dinosaurs

Dinosaurs said:

I want to watch this, but I'm not going to. I've deleted the excellent and awesome challenges app as I want to keep the rest of the game a surprise and feeling fresh when I get it!

Can't wait tho!

ledreppe

ledreppe said:

Finally got round to playing the challenges app, and it's got me stoked for the final game. Just love these music 'rhythm' stages, and the challenges are quite addictive too.

G3ry

G3ry said:

Everything was great till, ps3 n xbox covers!!!
I only hope Wii U gets even more exclusives!!!
Also, at the end of every stage, there is a five point star in a circle around the characters, that symbol is satanic!!! There could be problems in the future!!! Get rid of that Ubisoft!!!

PLEASE SUPPORT 3RD PARTY TITLES ON WII U & 3DS!!!

jacksayspurple

jacksayspurple said:

That. Was. Amazing. I will be getting a Wii U for this. Don't care that it's coming out on last gen consoles. It was designed for Wii U so it will be best on Wii U.

Shining-Void

Shining-Void said:

I'm still getting this game to support the developers. It's nice to see that they are working on improving it, but dat Eye of the tiger XD

bunnyking

bunnyking said:

I am definitely getting this game, the challenge app was enough to whet my appetite.

Gioku

Gioku said:

I've been waiting to see this since I saw it announced in Nintendo Power! It's every bit as amazing as I thought it would be! :D

Grumpalo

Grumpalo said:

This looks great. Really hoping to see more stages like this in the game!
I totally agree with @Luffymcduck about the look of NSMB. I think they all look very 'cut and paste' as opposed to Rayman which has a real charm to it. personally i'd love to see a NSMB game that uses the same art style that Wario Shake Dimension used on the wii. That game was beautiful!