When Animal Crossing: New Leaf was released in Japan, demand was so high that physical copies of the game sold out, while eShop download sales returned some rather impressive results. Subsequent weeks have remained solid, with the latest Media Create results showing that the title has passed the one million landmark while still topping the software charts. That said, Capcom may be disappointed with a modest début for E.X. Troopers — lifetime sales are in parenthesis.
01.[3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf - 213,414 / (1,106,758)
02. [PS3] Call of Duty: Black Ops II - Subtitled Edition - 197,350 / NEW
03. [3DS] Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Magnagate and the Infinite Dungeon - 121,480 / NEW
04. [PS3] Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational - 100,862 / NEW
05. [3DS] New Super Mario Bros. 2 - 34,971 / (1,420,184)
06.  Call of Duty: Black Ops II - Subtitled Edition - 22,177 / NEW
07. [3DS] E.X. Troopers - 17,402 / NEW
08. [PS3] Assassin's Creed III - 16,379 / (88,883)
09. [3DS] Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Best Price!) - 11,369 / (24,604)
10. [3DS] Dangerous Ji-San to 1000-nin no Otomodachi Yokoshima - 10,452 / NEW
When it comes to hardware sales 3DS is still well on top, outselling all other platforms combined — lifetime sales are once again in parenthesis.
3DS - 162,077 (8,420,471)
PS3 - 34,167 (8,649,457)
PSP - 16,903 (19,452,658)
PSV - 9,712 (1,052,516)
WII - 3,590 (12,596,436)
360 - 1,495 (1,605,966)
PS2 - 747 (21,827,396)
NDS - 452 (32,874,588)
Another happy week for Nintendo in its homeland, and with Wii U selling in North America and due imminently in Europe, Satoru Iwata and his colleagues will be hoping for a strong Holiday sales performance worldwide.