Animal Crossing: New Leaf Surpasses One Million Sales

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

E.X. Troopers has an underwhelming start

When Animal Crossing: New Leaf was released in Japan, demand was so high that physical copies of the game sold out, while eShop download sales returned some rather impressive results. Subsequent weeks have remained solid, with the latest Media Create results showing that the title has passed the one million landmark while still topping the software charts. That said, Capcom may be disappointed with a modest début for E.X. Troopers — lifetime sales are in parenthesis.

01.[3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf - 213,414 / (1,106,758)
02. [PS3] Call of Duty: Black Ops II - Subtitled Edition - 197,350 / NEW
03. [3DS] Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Magnagate and the Infinite Dungeon - 121,480 / NEW
04. [PS3] Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational - 100,862 / NEW
05. [3DS] New Super Mario Bros. 2 - 34,971 / (1,420,184)
06. [360] Call of Duty: Black Ops II - Subtitled Edition - 22,177 / NEW
07. [3DS] E.X. Troopers - 17,402 / NEW
08. [PS3] Assassin's Creed III - 16,379 / (88,883)
09. [3DS] Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Best Price!) - 11,369 / (24,604)
10. [3DS] Dangerous Ji-San to 1000-nin no Otomodachi Yokoshima - 10,452 / NEW

When it comes to hardware sales 3DS is still well on top, outselling all other platforms combined — lifetime sales are once again in parenthesis.

3DS - 162,077 (8,420,471)
PS3 - 34,167 (8,649,457)
PSP - 16,903 (19,452,658)
PSV - 9,712 (1,052,516)
WII - 3,590 (12,596,436)
360 - 1,495 (1,605,966)
PS2 - 747 (21,827,396)
NDS - 452 (32,874,588)

Another happy week for Nintendo in its homeland, and with Wii U selling in North America and due imminently in Europe, Satoru Iwata and his colleagues will be hoping for a strong Holiday sales performance worldwide.

[via neogaf.com]

SethNintendo

SethNintendo said:

Grats Animal Crossing. This will be the highest selling Animal Crossing yet and help the 3DS sales a lot.

Hokori

Hokori said:

@RupeeClock I know right? I wonder how many people from America are importing them from Play Asia :D
Although I wonder if people are starting to DL Nintendo games and just buying COD to "test" if they like it and if they don't they can resell

Salnax

Salnax said:

@RupeeClock Call of Duty is actually a pretty big PS3 franchise over there, sort of like how Resident Evil is pretty big outside of Japan. Don't worry though; I have no doubt that Pokemon will have far superior legs.

Pikachupwnage

Pikachupwnage said:

Animal crossing will surpass NSMB2's Japan sales in 2-3 weeks.

With a good 3 months less time on the market.

Animal crossing has joined the big 3 making it the big 4.

SuperCharlie78

SuperCharlie78 said:

Capcom sure is going to be disappointed for the poor sales of E.X. Troopers, hopefully they'll decide to bring the game to the west trying to increase them... oh wait, they'll probably find too risky and expensive to add some english subtitles and release it on the eShop only.
True story.

Donjwolf

Donjwolf said:

Has Nintendo ever explained why you're -still- the only 'Raggedy Ann' doll in the entire village made up of random animals? I'd rather be an animal...

6ch6ris6

6ch6ris6 said:

@Donjwolf
no they didnt but in the game you get letters from your mom. most of the time she just says that she is missing you.
i always thought animal crossing is just a dreamworld

PinkSpider

PinkSpider said:

Got to say I'm shocked! that call of duty is in the top 10 twice very very surprised about that

zoroarkrules25

zoroarkrules25 said:

Nintendo for the win that will show people nintendo is the best market for games. I have never played call of duty and never will because it seems to repetitive. I want this so bad right now in America.

Barbiegurl777

Barbiegurl777 said:

Wow!! :O

I knew Animal crossing was popular but I didn't know it was this popular.

Just wow! :O

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

goldgin

goldgin said:

I own Animal Crossing for DS and never really got the point of it. Maybe someone could explain it to me... do you need lots of friends to make it fun? What's the deal here?

Squashie

Squashie said:

Wow! I'm super excited for this one! I love the series alot! I can't wait until it arrives here!

bezerker99

bezerker99 said:

I'm glad to see this new AC selling well in Japan. I hope it does likewise in other regions when it arrives there. I can't wait to get my copy! :-P

Henmii

Henmii said:

"E.X. Troopers has an underwhelming start"

And that other title (What was it's name, X zone? You know the rpg made by Capcom, Namco Bandai and Sega?) isn't that succesful either in Japan. Are Japanese 3DS owners really punishing Capcom? You would almost think so!

JayArr

JayArr said:

Wow I guess you could say Animal Crossing is really "turning over"!

Get it? Turning over......New Leaf?

haha........sigh

SheldonRandoms

SheldonRandoms said:

@RupeeClock Not for long...

Also E.X. Troopers not doing so well right now, just kinda like Project X zone, maybe if they brought games like that over here in the U.S/U.K and other places in the world, then maybe those sales would increase.

Also my sister, a big professor layton fan is kinda sad that Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney has not be announced to be released over seas (hint, hint)

Chrono_Cross

Chrono_Cross said:

This is not surprising whatsoever. I'm going to assume this will reach around five million units sold in the next few years. It's Animal Crossing after all. :)

Skittlez93

Skittlez93 said:

Great we have seen how well it done in Japan...

Now lets give us people over in NA a chance to play -__-

>.< waiting and waiting....

McGruber

McGruber said:

Sad to see more hardcore titles that usually do well in JP not sell well.It sucks being a 3DS owner in the states. All we get is 10 iterations of Horsez 3D with a few good games sprinkled now and then. I dare say GBA and DS had alot more quality games by this point. Oh well AC:NL looks good.

OnionOverlord

OnionOverlord said:

People need to get off the CoD thing. I don't care for CoD either, but the constant bashing and references to it are getting repetitive.

With that said, I'm looking forward to this particular Animal Crossing game. The new features sound promising.