An Old School Look at The Reginator

Posted by Corbie Dillard

Our favourite Nintendo president in his prime

Have you ever sat there watching Nintendo's E3 press conference and wondered what The Reginator looked like in his younger days? If so, have we got a picture for you.

While we have no idea at exactly what age this photo of Reggie was snapped, we can definitely tell that people were still frequenting discos and watching Shaft at the local drive-in.

You can see that same excitement that Mr. Fils-Aime still exudes today in his passion for Nintendo, but Reggie, what's up with those glasses?

Untitled

[via gonintendo.com]

MagFlare

MagFlare said:

I can give him a pass for the glasses. The afro might even, separated from all other factors, be considered stylish.

But that collar, man. It's like he killed a pterodactyl and was wearing its wings as a grisly trophy.

Tylr

Tylr said:

Well, throw a koopa shell at me! Reggie had class back in the day. XD

RaylaxStaff

Raylax said:

**looks at photo**
**looks at @turtlelink's avatar**
**looks at photo**

I think I know where the rest of his afro went...

Shiryu

Shiryu said:

So Reggie was part of the "The Warriors" gang! Name were surely taken and many asses were kicked.

Morpheel

Morpheel said:

Well now, thats such an original photo.

And I thought people only dressed like that in old movies :O

SwerdMurd

SwerdMurd said:

ok....so....what nationality is he exactly? It's not racist to ask that question, is it? I'm genuinely curious...cannot place him. The last name is french I'd assume....but the fro is decidedly not.

Morpheel

Morpheel said:

@22: According to Wikipedia, his parents are from Haiti (latin america), but he was born in the United States.

@26: really?

Stine

Stine said:

I laughed out loud when I saw that pic. I saved it to my laptop, and it's never leaving!

MeloMan

MeloMan said:

i'm sure Reggie saw his own future with those glasses! Talk about the original *D*ual *S*creen :D

moosa

moosa said:

I LOVE YOU NINTENDO LIFE.

We have to get him to grow the fro back out. Can you imagine him walking out on stage at the next press conference with that glorious fro?
Time to start an online petition...

Golgo

Golgo said:

That...is awesome. If he resurrected that style I'd purchase x10 of every Nintendo product. Do it Reggie, you know you want to!

timp29

timp29 said:

Thats a pretty awesome fro... extra points for being a perfect sphere. Regie should have kept that do. Sadly I have lame ass white man's hair. If I could have a fro tomorrow, I would!