Feature: A Week of Super Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS Screens - Issue Thirty Two

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Luigi! Gust Bellows! Pikachu's Thunder! More!

It's time once again for our Super Smash Bros. summary from last week, though this week perhaps feels a little different — we have a Super Smash Bros. Direct to look forward to, after all.

Masahiro Sakurai has been playing it cool, however, with the Super Smash Bros. Director's Room not referencing the Direct as yet. Last week's screens did bring us a teasing glimpse of Luigi's final smash, and also showed off some new items and special moves for various characters; none of these will dull any enthusiasm. The only downside for portable gaming enthusiasts is that all screens are from the Wii U version.

Let's check out last week's screens from Sakurai-san; as always you can click on the date heading to visit the Miiverse posts in question and give them a Yeah.

31st March

1st April

2nd April

3rd April

4th April

Some attractive and varied screens this week — let us know what you think in the poll and comments below.

What's your favourite Smash Bros. screen this week? (385 votes)

Luigi prepares to suck big time, in a good way...

29%

Link dashes towards The Villager, who responds by hiding

Samus struggles to handle Toon Link and The Gust Bellows

15%

Pikachu's Thunder causes Bowser some problems

17%

Isabelle seems happy with her cameo role

24%

Um, I can't decide

To be honest, I don't like any of them

Please login to vote in this poll.

Related Games

bizcuthammer

bizcuthammer said:

This game is going to be awesome. I really hope we get a release date in tomorrow's Direct.

Sparx

Sparx said:

Isabelle wins by melting my heart...how is she so darn adorable?

Xiao_Pai

Xiao_Pai said:

...Even though I'm gonna miss the Negative Zone, I'm kinda ready to see what this Final will do. :p

Goldie

Goldie said:

I really can't decide tho, it all looks pretty promising and fun.
Just hope there'll be a release date soon enough.

erv

erv said:

One of the better screen collections. Especially with the bowser one showing a particular game mechanic.

Corleonis88

Corleonis88 said:

If the 3ds version has single card multiplayer I might get it along with the wii u version

rjejr

rjejr said:

Considering how often my kids use that Pickachu attack - that and Kirbys slam - it's nice to see that litle touch of adding a cloud. Looking forward to seeing it in action.

Ernest_The_Crab

Ernest_The_Crab said:

@rjejr I think the clouds have been around for awhile now. It's just that they haven't really done anything (other than being there visually).

Funny_Moblin

Funny_Moblin said:

@Ernest_The_Crab I actually never noticed the cloud until now. It must have been kinda transparent or something. I always though the thunder just came from the top screen, and nothing else.

NintyMan

NintyMan said:

Luigi with his new Poltergust final smash, easily. It's about time the green man uses his powerful vacuum cleaner in Smash.

AkinaChan

AkinaChan said:

Isabelle looks so cute! XD

But on another note; tomorrows the Direct! Im so excited! >_<

AshFoxX

AshFoxX said:

Always love Pikachu's down-B attack. My friends on the other hand FEAR Pikachu's down-B attack.

ChuJelly

ChuJelly said:

I really love how they updated Pikachu's Thunder move to be more like the animation that move uses in the X and Y games. It's super cool that Nintendo's still keeping character movesets and final smashes with the times, like with Pikachu and Luigi here :D
I gotta give my vote to Isabelle, though. I'm going to love seeing her adorable face in-game, and HD has already done her well :)

Galvanic_Arcvn

Galvanic_Arcvn said:

Ugh, as if Pikachu's down B wasn't cheap enough. That Gust Bellows gets my vote, even if Link is holding it wrong.

Galvanic_Arcvn

Galvanic_Arcvn said:

MeloMan

MeloMan said:

Why the F.L.U.D.D. beat the Poltergust into SSB I'll never understand, so I was shocked when I learned Brawl Luigi didn't have it. Glad he will finally have it now :)

Emaan

Emaan said:

Luigi's final smash gives me hope for some brand new final smashes for most of the roster :* please

ShadJV

ShadJV said:

Anyone who doesn't vote Isabelle is WRONG. Simply because she's Isabelle.

BSFsontails1012

BSFsontails1012 said:

Isabelle is just awesome, so definitely Isabelle! She help me so much in ACNL, so how could I not vote for her!

Linkuini

Linkuini said:

That second screenshot and its vague description have me intrigued. That springboard looks just like the ones you could place in Brawl's stage builder, I notice.

Pod

Pod said:

If the Poltergust is in, then my hopes are that FLUDD is out. Mario became nearly useless because of that thing in Brawl. Fingers crossed.

Beau_Skunk

Beau_Skunk said:

Isabelle is adorable, and the best new AC character in my opinion. Hope she'll be back in the WiiU AC game. (I'm sure eventually there will be one.)