Rumour: Bravely Default: Flying Fairy Is Taking Flight To The West

Posted by Orla Madden

Localisation may be in the works as we speak

It may have one of the strangest names, but Bravely Default: Flying Fairy is high on the "most wanted" 3DS games list for many western RPG lovers. There hasn't been an official announcement on a release date outside of Japan, but earlier last month the game's Twitter page hinted that localisation could be on the cards.

Today, we're given even more hope. According to Siliconera, the site confirmed with various "trusted sources" during the recent Game Developers Conference that despite not being revealed for Europe or North America, Bravely Default is already undergoing localisation for a forthcoming western launch.

The lack of official confirmation makes us hesitant to get too excited about this news, but it's a glimmer of hope nonetheless. What are your thoughts on this? Are you looking forward to playing the game in English? Let us know in the comment section below.

[via siliconera.com]

Radbot42

Radbot42 said:

Been waiting on this one for a while! I never doubted it coming to the west. Just a matter of waiting.

ThreadShadow

ThreadShadow said:

Besides Theatrhythm, and FF Versus XIII, this is one of the only SE games I've been looking forward to.

Beta

Beta said:

Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney and that Detective Conan game still to go… ;_; But awesome news nonetheless!

Peach64

Peach64 said:

This would be a huge release for me if it came. Lots of JRPGs on the system but not many great ones so far.

Revere

Revere said:

I hope it does get released. I've been waiting for this one for a while. Now how about DragonQuest VII and DragonQuest monsters:Terry's Wonderland.

Boukman

Boukman said:

That's wonderful news! It's logical though: JPRG's are back since Xenoblade was such a succes.

RevolverLink

RevolverLink said:

The list of Japan-only 3DS titles I desperately want always seems to growing, so it's great to cross off Project X Zone and now (hopefully) Bravely Default from that list.

Now, back to hoping for localization news on Rocket Slime 3, Dragon Quest VII, Terry's Wonderland 3D, Time Travelers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Monsters Come Out on Friday, Sayonara Umihara Kawase and Fantasy Life.

Will-75

Will-75 said:

This and Fantasy Life would make Awesome additions to my 3DS collection, I so hope this is happening .

ScreamoPichu

ScreamoPichu said:

PLEASE. I'VE BEEN PATIENTLY (kinda) WAITING FOR A LOCALIZATION SINCE THIS GAME WAS ANNOUNCED.

DePapier

DePapier said:

I can't believe this is STILL a rumor. And Square Enix wonders why it has financial issues: CAN'T YOU BRING YOUR SUCCESSFUL GAMES TO THE WEST ON TIME?!?!

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

@Peach64 I beg to differ!! I haven't played a bad jrpg on the system yet. Plus all of them have had good ratings!

Edit: What exactly do you mean by a lot? There is barely any released in Europe yet!!

Yeah I knew it was just a matter of time before we got this. The interest is high and there is a bit of an RPG boom over here now so now is the perfect time to release all rpgs in the west everybody!!

FernandoMachado

FernandoMachado said:

This game is just like that Heroes Of Light one right? Full on retro with cute graphics? If so it's a deal for me.

FullbringIchigo

FullbringIchigo said:

please be true, please be true, please be true, please be true, please be true, please be true, please be true, please be true, please be true, please be true

Dpullam

Dpullam said:

I guess we will find out if these rumors are true in due time. I'm also still hoping that this game turns out to be worth the wait if it does come to the west.

Ralizah

Ralizah said:

Only a matter of time...
Have I mentioned that this is an awesome year for Nintendo's handheld? Almost every month there is some huge release.

Prof_Elvin_Gadd

Prof_Elvin_Gadd said:

I'll pre-order BD:FF right after they officially announce it. It has always reminded me of "The Four Heroes of Light" with a little twist, and I love that game.

Bucho

Bucho said:

my top 3 games to be localized are:
Bravely Default
Dragon Quest 7
Fantasy Life

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

I was super excited until I saw the rumor tag. I'll contain myself until it's finally official.

Denkou

Denkou said:

I refuse to believe this until it is 100% official. I've been disappointed by squeenix far to many times recently to believe that they could actually do something that won't **** off their fanbase, so I'm not getting my hopes up again.

Godstrike

Godstrike said:

Yes love yes take that you japanese people now I don't have to learn your loving language to play your loving game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy right now

LeasTwanteD

LeasTwanteD said:

Until this gets a western release confirmation i'll only comment on it in poll-form. You can only say week one purchase so many times.

Windy

Windy said:

@Tech101 I feel the same way. All the RPG's have been real good so far. I loved the 3dization of Zelda and the Port of Tales of The Abyss which are my favorites. Right down to Picdun 2. They all had their own personalities and fun. It started off slow but now.....RPG fans are going to be separated from their money real soon :) I'm really looking forward to this and Fantasy Life

RetroGBHippie92

RetroGBHippie92 said:

Oh I'm sooo getting this game, after playing FFIII, IV and FHOL (the spiritual predecessor to Bravely Default) I think I'm more than likely to buy this game. I think having seen Matrix Software work on the remakes and the original title has led them to make an even better game because I've heard that Bravely Default got really great reviews and even though i'm not to phased about reviews, having what looks like a brilliant battle system, story and art style reminesent of The Four Heroes of Light, looks to be a treat!
I Know FHOL wasn't well recieved, but to honest despite the flaws in the battle system, it was still a pretty good game IMO.