Nintendo Download: 11th April 2013 (Europe)

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Croods, pets, elementalists and a lot of discounts

As is always the case, Europe, we have the opportunity to start our week with news of the download goodies that we can expect on Thursday. In terms of new offerings we're limited to a couple of lower profile retail games and a DSiWare release, but Nintendo of Europe is offering a lot of discounts to celebrate the iDÉAME developer's conference taking place in Madrid this coming weekend. So, let's get to the details.

Wii U Retail Download

The Croods: Prehistoric Party (D3Publisher, €44.99 / £35.99) — While due to arrive in stores on 12th March, this 30 mini-game movie tie-in arrives a day earlier on the Wii U eShop. As a party game based on an animated movie we do feel a little caution, but who knows? Perhaps it'll be a rare gem in the genre.

Wii U eShop Discounts

Trine 2: Director's Cut (Frozenbyte, €8.49 / £6.99 until 30th April, normally €16.99 / £13.99)

The Cave (SEGA, €8.99 / £7.99 until 25th April, normally €12.99 / £9.99)

Toki Tori 2 (Two Tribes, €13.49 / £11.69 until 25th April, normally €14.99 / £12.99)

Little Inferno (Tomorrow Corporation, €4.99 / £4.49 until 25th April, normally €9.99 / £8.99)

Mighty Switch Force: Hyper Drive Edition (WayForward Technologies, €7.49 / £6.75 until 25th April, normally €9.99 / £8.99)

Nano Assault Neo (Shin'en Multimedia, €6.99 / £5.99 until 25th April, normally €9.99 / £8.99)

Puddle (Neko Entertainment, €6.99 / £6.29 until 2nd May. normally €9.99 / £8.99)

3DS Retail Downloads

The Croods: Prehistoric Party (D3Publisher, €34.99 / £27.99) — We expect this to be largely the same as the Wii U version, albeit with scruffier graphics and a little less useful as a party game due to its absence from the living room TV. Still, if handheld movie spin-offs are your thing, it also arrives on the eShop one day ahead of stores.

Cats and Dogs 3D: Pets at Play (TREVA Entertainment, €29.99 / £24.99) — Originally arriving in stores one year after 3DS launch title Nintendogs + Cats, this is a sim that largely promises to do the same things as Nintendo's popular title.

3DS eShop Discounts

Mutant Mudds (Renegade Kid, €5.99 / £5.39 until 25th April, normally €8.99 / £8.09)

Mighty Switch Force! (WayForward Technologies, €4.49 / £4.09 until 25th April, normally €5.99 / £5.39)

Art of Balance TOUCH! (Shin'en Multimedia, €4.99 / £4.49 until 25th April, normally €6.99 / £6.29)

Fun! Fun! Minigolf TOUCH! (Shin'en Multimedia, €3.49 / £3.19 until 25th April, normally €4.99 / £4.49)

Gunman Clive (Bertil Hörberg, €1.49 / £1.49 until 25th April, normally €1.99 / £1.99)

Dress to Play: Cute Witches! (EnjoyUp Games, €1.99 / £1.79 until 25th April, normally €3.99 / £3.59)

DSiWare

Clash of Elementalists (Teyon, 500 Nintendo Points) — Teyon has been a well-known name on DSiWare, and returns with this fighting game that focuses on using special powers based on one of four elements. This includes four different modes (Training, Arcade, Free Battle and Versus) and Download Play for two players, while the developer promises "insane finishing moves". We'll get ready to rumble and bring you our review soon.

So, that's your lot for this week. Do any of the three new titles tempt you, or is it all about those discounts? Let us know your download plans in the poll and comments below.

What will you be downloading first this week? (182 votes)

The Croods: Prehistoric Party (Wii U retail download)

Trine 2: Director's Cut (Wii U eShop discount)

The Cave (Wii U eShop discount)

Toki Tori 2 (Wii U eShop discount)

Little Inferno (Wii U eShop discount)

Mighty Switch Force: Hyper Drive Edition (Wii U eShop discount)

Nano Assault Neo (Wii U eShop discount)

Puddle (Wii U eShop discount)

The Croods: Prehistoric Party (3DS retail download)

Cats and Dogs 3D: Pets at Play (3DS retail download)

Mutant Mudds (3DS eShop discount)

Mighty Switch Force! (3DS eShop discount)

Art of Balance TOUCH! (3DS eShop discount)

Fun! Fun! Minigolf TOUCH! (3DS eShop discount)

Gunman Clive (3DS eShop discount)

11%

Dress to Play: Cute Witches! (3DS eShop discount)

Clash of Elementalists (DSiWare)

Nothing for me this week

46%

Please login to vote in this poll.

datamonkey

datamonkey said:

Wow Gunman Clive with a discount! Anyone who doesn't already have that really should pick it up now.

CountEkkiM

CountEkkiM said:

we want new games! not discounts.. if want some game of those i'll buy it no matter of price.

ledreppe

ledreppe said:

I voted Toki Tori 2, but it depends on when I get my current backlog shifted, hopefully before 25th April when the offer ends. Nice to see The Cave doing well, I think everyone has Trine 2 by now.

Sjoerd

Sjoerd said:

I'll probably get Toki Tori and The Cave. How's art of balance? Worth the €5?

Schprocket

Schprocket said:

So out of that lot, is it only Mighty Switch Force that hasn't been rated by the snails at the (Aussie) Classsification Board?

LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID said:

AWFUL WEEK. Only discounting existing eShop games which are a bit of a kick in the teeth for early adopter/buyers and eShopites who go out of their way to support the service. Still, I recommend vast majority of those eShop games up there and hope they sale loads more!

BigBluePanda

BigBluePanda said:

No excuses not to get Gunman Clive at that price.

I'll be picking up Mutant Mudds now that it's got a temporary reduction.

cornishlee

cornishlee said:

That's a hell of a discount on Trine 2. I don't regret paying full price for it back in January though.

Frapp

Frapp said:

I'll be picking up a few. These are more like the prices games should be. Hope that more of the download versions of retail games also follow Ubisoft's lead. £50 for a download game is an insult to anyone's intelligence.

Stine

Stine said:

I'll be picking up Mutant Mudds. Been hoping for a discount on that one.

DarkCoolEdge

DarkCoolEdge said:

@LEGEND_MARIOID yeah, it'd be better if there weren't discounts. Ever.

If you want something on day 1 you pay it. It's the same with everything tech related.

I won't get anything because I already have the discounted games I would want. And Mutant Mudds is not one of them, I really don't see what other people does about it.

GamerZack87

GamerZack87 said:

Still no Nintendogs? Really, Nintendo. Japan's had it for how long now? Ah well, I can wait a bit longer to transfer to the download version. ;)

RetrogamerFan

RetrogamerFan said:

Got most of the discounted games (that i want) already.
I was impressed by the Art of Balance demo and still haven't got that, so i will probably get that.

Jollykarp

Jollykarp said:

was it a spot of wishful thinking to hope for a HarmoKnight discount? Ah well...

The Elements game actually looks somewhat interesting. I'll wait for a review though

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

I'll pick up a couple of 3DS eShop games that have been discounted sometime before April 25th, just so I can have them. Won't get a chance to play them for a long while though, I'm just trying to get through my backlog & new games & deals keep popping up! Grrrr! :p

@Schprocket Mighty Switch Force: Hyper Drive Edition was classified on the 12th of Feburary by the Australian Classification Board here. Can't say the delay on Mighty Switch Force coming to the Wii U eShop is ACB's fault then, but I wonder what is causing the delay :S Hopefully it'll turn up with a discount this next update.

Cesco

Cesco said:

> The Croods — While due to arrive in stores on 12th March [...] this 30 mini-game movie tie-in arrives a day earlier.

Er... you mean 12th April I suppose.

Koapa

Koapa said:

Yes, 2 games for me - Muttants Muds & Mighty switch force
Last and this months are really heavy on my wallet.

cyberman67

cyberman67 said:

I will buy Trine 2 and Mighty Switch Force: Hyper Drive Edition. I would buy them for the normal prices, so i am lucky to get them discounted.

XCWarrior

XCWarrior said:

All those discounts for Europe!?!?! Including Nano Assault Neo! I would so pick that up if they do this for America! Wow WIi U and 3DS going nuts with the sales! You guys should all pick something up!

BakaKnight

BakaKnight said:

The discounts are on games I personally already have or I'm not interested to buy, but I'm very very glad to see this new trend ^O^

"Clash of elementalist" sounds interesting, can't wait/need to hear more, Teyon is quite unpredictable regarding quality >O>;

[Edit] Change of mind, gonna risk and download clash of elementalist at day one without know much about it. Don't dissapoint me Teyon!!!

goldbricks23

goldbricks23 said:

Trine 2 and Little Inferno for me probably. I already the rest that interested me.

Everyone else should at least buy Gunman Clive at that price!

manu0

manu0 said:

Great job NOE...delaying a finished title I was really looking forward to (Brain Age) and not putting out any games of your own this week...

manu0

manu0 said:

Just put Brain Age on the eShop and only delay the retail release...

erv

erv said:

Oooo discounts :)

Might download the cave and little inferno there...

Dpullam

Dpullam said:

That is a pretty sweet deal for Gunman Clive. I don't see how you could go wrong with that price.

Barbiegurl777

Barbiegurl777 said:

Just went to pocketgamer uk website to check for some screen shots on this game title: Cats and Dogs 3D: Pets at Play - 3DS It look's really fun. :D I hope we get it as download like Riding Stables - 3DS in NA e-shop I'll gladly download it. :D

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

Undead_terror

Undead_terror said:

Pretty cool that clash of the elementalists is already out, thought it would take another few weeks/months.

Bulbousaur

Bulbousaur said:

I haven't got a Wii U yet, but I will definitely be getting Gunman Clive when the discount hits. Might get Mighty Switch Force as well, but haven't decided yet.

Windy

Windy said:

They did a discount for Gunman Clive Now that is hilarious. Sorry guys I got a good chuckle out of that. Great game

Windy

Windy said:

My Boycott continues. No Cave Story for Europe means I don't buy any Nicalis Games in the US.

plainj

plainj said:

Come on :-( I've bought 90% of the 3DS eShop games, at release, at full price - just to see discounts left & right. My fault for paying full price, but still a bitter pill everytime I see a discount!! Also still no Cave Story 7 months after it being announced for EU...?! What's the hold up?!

SirQuincealot

SirQuincealot said:

lol i literally got gunman Clive yesterday, i am in Canada though, lets hope we see some more discounts in N.A.

C-Olimar

C-Olimar said:

I'm getting Little Inferno, Nano Assualt Neo and Puddle on Wii U (already have Trine and MSFHD, if you don't you should get them!), and on 3DS I'm getting Mutant Mudds and Cute Witches, as well as Gunman Clive for my brother (how did they make that game cheaper?!?)

I was going to hold out for Mutant Mudds Deluxe but I won't be able to resist that price!

ToneDeath

ToneDeath said:

They're practically giving Trine 2 away for that price, if I had to buy it again I'd happily fork out £20.

ULTRA-64

ULTRA-64 said:

Boom, was gonna spend my £15 winnings from the comp tonight on trine 2 but now I'll wait and get the cave aswell...happy days!!!!

Einherjar

Einherjar said:

I remember how pissed people were about the fact, that the Wii Shop didnt have discounts. Now they roll in big time and people are still mad...
Sure, new games are always nice, but please, make up your mind.

ToxieDogg

ToxieDogg said:

Was almost going to complain and say bad week, nothing...but latest announcement is that BIT.TRIP Runner 2 is also launching on the EU Wii U E Shop (try saying that out loud, it's a mouthful) tomorrow so will get that :D