Youkai Watch Releasing This Summer in Japan

Posted by Andy Green

One to watch out for

Level-5's latest project is Youkai Watch, a 3DS game about a young boy who acquires a special wristwatch that allows him to see ghostly creatures in his environment. Using his own ghosts he can battle them and stop townsfolk from being haunted - such a nice boy.

Youkai Watch has now been given a more concrete release, with Level 5 confirming it will be on Japanese shelves in the summer.

There's been no news as of yet on a localised version of the game coming to the West, but Level-5 has a fairly decent record - with the likes of Inazuma Eleven for example - so it might be worth keeping tabs on this one.

Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney is another Level 5 title that is currently only residing in Japan, as is the immensely popular Fantasy Life. Surely at least some of these titles will make it to the West.

Would you like to see Youkai Watch get localised? Let us know your thoughts on it in the comments section below.

[via siliconera.com]

TenTen

TenTen said:

This looked really interesting, so I hope it sees the light of day in the west

Dpullam

Dpullam said:

I'd be really happy if this game made its way to North America. It looks really interesting and could very well turn out to be worth buying. We'll see if it ever gets released outside of Japan. Since Level-5 is working on it there is at least some hope if any. My fingers are crossed.

P184

P184 said:

I'm desperate for Fantasy Life (at the very least) to come to the west so to my Japanese counterparts I say, please, keep buying it!! :)

Dpishere

Dpishere said:

I remember seeing some footage of this game a while back and I thought it looked like a fun game to play. If it does come to the states I will certainly play it.

Placlu

Placlu said:

I don't think this will be localised, at least not anytime soon.. Hopefully I'm completely wrong. Make an idiot out of me Level 5. I dare you ;)

ilovegaming

ilovegaming said:

@ScreamoPichu Thanks for the link- I was mildly interested just by the premise of the game, but after seeing some gameplay I really hope it come to Europe so I can get it! Oh, and I liked the music very much.

NintendoMaster

NintendoMaster said:

It's about time a game like this comes to the west. Bring this game and Time Travelers to the US Level 5.

Melkaticox

Melkaticox said:

Japanese people keep all the jRPGs >:C

Bring Fantasy Life, Bravely Default and this game, Nintendo! You promised you would bring more japanese games to NA!

Pikachupwnage

Pikachupwnage said:

I want this so bad....I might get this along with Hatsune miku and some other games when I eventually get a import 3DS.

Zombie_Barioth

Zombie_Barioth said:

I really hope to see this and Fantasy Life localized, games like Animal Crossing and Harvest Moon sell pretty well so I don't see why Fantasy Life won't at least.

RudysaurusRex

RudysaurusRex said:

Reminds me of the Megaman Battle Network games. The animation and premise. He is the only one who can see the creatures and fight with them.

AlexSora89

AlexSora89 said:

Ugh, "watch out"... uuuuugh, the puns...

Hey, might as well as reply, right? "Youkai Watch: coming to all consoles..." [puts on sunglasses] "... except Game & Watch".

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Henmii

Henmii said:

When is the tv-series airing! I would love to see a dubbed version someday!

Ralizah

Ralizah said:

Fantasy Life
Bravely Default
Ace Attorney vs. Professor Layton
Dragon Quest Monsters: Terry's Wonderland 3D
Dragon Quest VII
Now this

Sigh

So many games in a localization limbo. The ball is in your court, Nintendo: are you going to bring these highly successful games overseas, or is the 3DS going to be yet another console where the best RPGs don't make it out of Japan?

Zodiak13

Zodiak13 said:

I want any and all games brought to the West (and PAL regions). I only expect and demand that any decent game come out here. That is all, seems fair to me.

BakaKnight

BakaKnight said:

This game made me wish for a western release since I saw the very first trailer :)

Of course I hope it will arrive in Europe!!! Too bad that with Level-5 we never know what to expect with localizations @_@

TheAdza

TheAdza said:

We know one thing to expect with localizations of Level 5 games. If they come, they take aaaaaaaaaaages. It's such a shame.

LordessMeep

LordessMeep said:

Another Level-5 game that I hope is eventually localized. I'm already waiting on Fantasy Life. There are so many good games that don't make it out of Japan because there isn't a market for them... luckily, there is always the eShop-only option. :D

FonistofCruxis

FonistofCruxis said:

I'm not normally into monster catching RPGs but this looks pretty good. I might get this if it gets localised, hopefully it will get a western release.