Two Tribes: We Could Make A Damn Fine Star Fox Game For Wii U

Posted by Damien McFerran

"It would be awesome to work on"

Two Tribes co-founder Collin van Ginkel has revealed that the studio would love to work on a new Star Fox game for the Wii U.

Speaking in an interview with NintyChronicle, van Ginkel was asked which franchise he would want to work on someday. He replied:

I think we could make a damn fine Star fox game for Wii U. Yes, a classic Star fox game would be awesome to work on.

Two Tribes is currently putting the finishing touches to Wii U eShop title Toki Tori 2.

[via gonintendo.com, nintychronicle.wordpress.com]

Obvious78

Obvious78 said:

Yeah right....Toki Tori is yet another cheap game...Nintendo Nintendo Nintendo...what are you doing? After finishing Zombi U and NWMBU there is not much left for me to play. Havent touched the Wii U for 3 weeks! Nintendoland is not satisfying fo rme either.

Hejiru

Hejiru said:

They do awesome work, so it would be interesting to see how they'd handle a Star Fox game.

Sir_Anthony

Sir_Anthony said:

One day I'll be working at Two Tribes... Just saying, that picture from Star fox is creepy btw. especially slippy

Araknie

Araknie said:

I dreamed about a classic star fox game for the Wii U, really it was one week ago, i was in a movie, strangely, called The Wizard 2: Quest for Gameplay.
At a final torunament i was competing with already released games like Pikmin 3 and Bayonetta 2 and at the end was a surprise game and that was Star Fox: Wolf's Dying Wish.
That dream was epic and still flashes pop-up from my dream, it was so impressive for my mind.

PS: at the end i lost, damn grown up Lucas!

Exile20

Exile20 said:

@Obvious78 There are many games to play and many coming out. I hate when people say stuff like that. Have you played Trine 2, Mighty switchforce, the VC games, bitrunner 2, etc and then there is Lego City and Monster Hunter and Need for Speed.

AlexSora89

AlexSora89 said:

@Araknie: By the way, I have a bit of an off-topic question... what is your avatar about, anyway? I can only see a "Good heavens, look at the time" gag, but... (I have to ask the same to @Tsuchiya about the whole "V sign" thing).

MrWalkieTalkie

MrWalkieTalkie said:

First Retro, then Platinum, now Two Tribes seems to want to make a Star Fox game too! Also there's WayForward that wants to make a Metroid game. Nintendo, start listening to what these people wanna make!

Dashtag

Dashtag said:

I don't want Two Tribes to make a Star Fox game

...but, it'd be cool seeing a few comanies coming together to make one.

Araknie

Araknie said:

@AlexSora89 You have to play Xenoblade Chronicles with the English dub option to understand it.
I usually play games with the option of Japanese dub with them dub, but i heard of something funny with the character names Reyn and i had to see what was all about, i won't spoil anything.

Captain_Toad

Captain_Toad said:

Now we have 3 developers wanting to get in on the star fox action. Nintendo are you listening?

HeatBombastic

HeatBombastic said:

Didn't retro already hint that they're making it already? But it's nice to see classic Star Fox fans agreeing that the Wii U would be perfect to make a Star Fox game on.

Amigaengine

Amigaengine said:

Nintendo should allow them to work on something, maybe not Starfox but Ice Climbers, Custom Robo etc for a Eshop release would be cool

triforcepower73

triforcepower73 said:

Just make a star fox game with HD, online, and a Lylat conquest thing like the galactic conquest in star wars: battlefront 2. That was so much fun!

AbeVigoda

AbeVigoda said:

Hopefully Two Tribes finishes making Star Fox Wii-U before the new Smash Bros game featuring Super Meat Boy comes out!!

Dpullam

Dpullam said:

I'm not sure if they would be the right choice for making Star Fox. I would certainly like to see Star Fox on the Wii U though.

luminalace

luminalace said:

I think Nintendo should at least entertain the idea. Companies that always support Nintendo should be given every opportunity to thrive.

kkslider5552000

kkslider5552000 said:

Ignoring quality or different genres, Two Tribes is just not relevant enough in any sense to work on a decently important Nintendo title. I mean good for them for having optimistic goals but...

Melkaticox

Melkaticox said:

In other news, Platinum, Wayforward and now Two-Tribes want to be bought by Nintendo.

Rect_Pola

Rect_Pola said:

Star Fox definitely needs the love.
I wish someone would want to make F-Zero since Nintendo doesn't want to.

Epicnessofme99

Epicnessofme99 said:

I'd love a new Starfox to be made, just not by these guys, no offense but they haven't really released any games that have wowed me yet and I don't believe they'll be able to deliver a good Starfox game.

MeloMan

MeloMan said:

Wow, there's alot of love for a new Star Fox game going on lately. I'm lovin' it. This is also driving up the pressure to make it good. Hopefully E3 will give us some info on the next SF, if it's indeed in the works or GOING to be worked on and by who.

Chomposaur

Chomposaur said:

Look at all the angry Nintendo fanboys seething with anger at Obvious78`s comment .. Haha .. i should screencap all of this .. lol for future laughs

Tony_342

Tony_342 said:

I'm sure Toki Tori 2 is a good game, but if any indie studio could do a Wii U Star Fox game justice, it would probably be Shin'en. Anyway, I'm betting Retro Studios are already working on it.

ThreadShadow

ThreadShadow said:

I say let them all take a whack at it at the same time,release them very close to each other and let the public vote with their wallets on who was successful. I think Nintendo should do that with a lot of their franchises. This way fans would get lots of new games in their favorite series, and Nintendo could focus on new IP. Of course they'd be helpful, and maintain a watchful eye on the devs.

OGGamer

OGGamer said:

@MrWalkieTalkie Retro I would trust with ANY nintendo franchise . I also think wayforward could make a good starfox game . Two tribes ? Hmmmm don't know about that.

jgibson75

jgibson75 said:

Someone needs to get to work on a Starfox game! I'd love to see the Starfox franchise grow.

allav866

allav866 said:

I honestly don't care who makes the next Star Fox game, as long as it can compare to or even surpass Star Fox 64.

Gameday

Gameday said:

I had made a mmo idea thread for a star fox like a year ago or so now haha i cant find it. I wish the search bar helped me out a bit more on here.

Henmii

Henmii said:

I don't know if they are the right people, but of course I want a new Starfox like Lylatwars! But of course Nintendo doesn't care one bit! They are only interested in Mario, Mario, Mario....!!