Out Today: LEGO City: Undercover And Luigi's Mansion 2

Posted by Damien McFerran

Bumper times ahead for Euro gamers

Nintendo fans are being blessed with some seriously amazing software lately. We've only just had the amazing Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate on 3DS and Wii U, and today European gamers have a double helping of brilliance in the shape of LEGO City: Undercover and Luigi's Mansion 2.

"There are technical cracks in its brickwork," we said in our LEGO City: Undercover review. "But in combining the familiar constructs of the LEGO video games with an original story, huge amounts of humour and a ridiculous number of things to collect or discover, LEGO City Undercover proves that LEGO titles can be blockbusters without a big licence." So basically, it's well worth a look.

If you're after some portable fun, then Luigi's next adventure should fit the bill. We declared it was "one of the best games yet for 3DS" in our Luigi's Mansion 2 review.

Will you be picking up either of these, or both? Cast your vote and share your thoughts with a comment - you know you want to.

European gamers - what are you planning to buy today? (123 votes)

LEGO City: Undercover

19%

Luigi's Mansion 2

34%

Both

29%

I'm not interested in either

I'm totally broke!

16%

Please login to vote in this poll.

Related Games

Hunter-D

Hunter-D said:

Already have Luigi's Mansion, it arrived 2 days early.
I'm still sooooo hyped for when I eventually get LEGO City. This is going to be the best spring EVER!

Although, when I think about it, I won't be playing any other game when April the 19th comes. Arrrgh, tough choices but I'm happy to be in a position like this.

Adhrast

Adhrast said:

Bought Luigi's Mansion at midnight from the eShop, I still have to try it though, hopefully tonight after work :D

Koapa

Koapa said:

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Luigi Mansion 2
Shin Megami Tensei Overlocked
Fire Emblem : Awakening
wow... I wont go out this spring :-D

JulienIsTheMan

JulienIsTheMan said:

Well, I'm in good ol' Murica and I got Weegee's Mansion Dark Moon and Lego City Undercover on the same day. Luigi's Mansion is probably one of the best titles I ever played. The only bas thing in that game is Polterpup mode, but that's still OK. Lego City is a wonder too, but the loading times are hell. Loading the menu takes a minute or two, and actually loading/creating a file takes two minutes usually. It's worth it though! Definetely get these games. LM2's singleplayer and multiplayer modes are great, and everything feels amazing. I've never wanted to stop playing. That's the thing though, I don't want to stop playing either of these perfect games. That's the thing though, I have a hard time choosing what to play!

Ichiban

Ichiban said:

Went on the hunt for Lego City and NFS Most Wanted but both were sold out:(
So i bought Luigis Mansion 2......even though i dont own a 3DS lol

Farmboy74

Farmboy74 said:

My copy of Lego City arrived at 8.10am, already got a fight on my hands with the kids over the Chase McCain mini fig. Planning to sit down later on, when it's quiter to start playing the game

19Robb92

19Robb92 said:

Luigi's Mansion 2 & HarmoKnight is what I'm getting this weekend. 3DS frenzy! :D

Chris77

Chris77 said:

LM2 was a definite as I loved LM on the cube but after seeing footage of Lego City I caved in and got both. Had a quick go on each and they both look amazing.

Goggy

Goggy said:

My Lego City (£28 bargain) is on its way, picking up Luigis mansion from GAME today.

Peach64

Peach64 said:

I'll pick up Luigi's Mansion 2 eventually (I don't usually buy games on release, I wait for them to get cheaper), but a friend got theirs from ShopTo a couple of days ago so I had a quick go. Controls might take some getting used to but it's just as good as I'd hoped! You can get it for £27 from Tesco online with a £5 off code, but I like to wait for stuff to dip under £20.

akabenjy

akabenjy said:

@WiiLovePeace mine was posted today so I won't get it until after Easter now:( Stupid JBHiFi. I was so looking forward to having something to play over Easter.

Geonjaha

Geonjaha said:

I don't have enough money for both. '>.>
Besides, the 3DS (from today onwards) should satisfy my gaming needs for a while. Luigi's Mansion 2, Harvest Moon, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Animal Crossing: New Leaf. (Sadly not Pokémon Mystery Dungeon anymore - initial reviews of that title confirmed my worst fears :/)

Placlu

Placlu said:

went and got both today, and waiting for the eshop to update with Harmoknight.
Honestly I thought the next week would be 100%ing Lego City.. so far ive played for an hour.. and Luigi's Mansion has instead sucked up (lol puns) 5 hours of my day today. Hey new favourite 3DS game :P

cmk8

cmk8 said:

I'd get them, if there was any chance of having the time to play them! (violins please ;-)

RetrogamerFan

RetrogamerFan said:

I want both, will see if there are retail copies available at weekend.
Also looking forward to getting
Fire Emblem: Awakening, Etrian Odyssey IV, Need For Speed (haven't seen this at retail at all yet, so might have to get from e-shop), and then there was this week's 3DS e-shop update.
After all that i'll definitely be voting 'I'm totally broke!'

Savino

Savino said:

For those who will get Lego City digital.... Good luck downloading it!

(It took me 19hours in a 15 mb internet)

Rocketship

Rocketship said:

Isn't a Thursday an unusual day for games to come out or are they starting Thursday releases now? Read this article and drove to the shop as quick as I could to get Lego City!

shake_zula

shake_zula said:

Any UK people know of a good price for Lego City? I can't find it for under £40 online, so I'll probably just pay £45 and get it from my local indie shop tomorrow.

Peach64

Peach64 said:

@Rocketship Friday is Good Friday, a bank holiday, so no post and a lot of places are closed, so all this week's releases are on Thursday.

Peach64

Peach64 said:

@shake_zula

You should be able to get it from tesco direct for £35 with the £5 off code (TDX-HP6M). I'm not sure, but you might be able to pick it up in a local store too.

__efac

efac said:

Have picked up LM, Lego Undercover & Bioshock Infinite this week - way over my normal gaming budget! Very happy for the 4 day weekend coming up!

Rocketship

Rocketship said:

@Peach64 Oh yeah, I should really know that! The Tesco I work in wasn't stocking Lego City today and it's a big store but then again it only stocks 5 WiiU games. When does that discount code expire? I get my staff discount back in 3 days so I'll wait til then if possible to use it for Luigis Mansion.

ToxieDogg

ToxieDogg said:

@f_zul But is Etrian Odyssey 4 out in EU next week? The only site I've seen anywhere with a release date is Nintendolife, nowhere else has it listed at all.....

As for Lego City and Luigi's Mansion 2, got them both yesterday morning, thanks to Shopto.net's superfast deliveries :D Lego City is great, just waiting for the EU MiiVerse community to appear now.

Linkstrikesback

Linkstrikesback said:

Checking my mailbox far too often to see if Luigis mansion or Shin Megami Tensei have turned up :( Nothing yet, but I haven't seen the postman pass by either...

WanderingPB

WanderingPB said:

I was lucky to get them both last week…and though my wallet is empty these games r great plus i loving showing Nintendo support in these try times. I was on line 2 hours @ the nintendo store to get Luigi's Mansion krazy but worth it

Banker-Style

Banker-Style said:

I still haven't got Monster Hunter yet,but I really want to get both Luigi and Lego this week.

AyeHaley

AyeHaley said:

So many games! I got Luigi's Mansion 2, MH3U, Lego City, AC3 and ZombiU this week. Why oh why is time so cruel haha. I love March.

Peach64

Peach64 said:

@Rocketship I'm not sure when it expires. I got it from the Hot UK Deals website and they don't have expiry info for this one, but there's another code for £5 off a £40 spend that expires on the 31st.

Dambuster

Dambuster said:

Peach64, nintendo games take ages to drop in price. LM is well worth the money.

Anyone who plays LM and does not smile is DEAD inside, loving it, only up to mission 5 on first house (getting rid of the cob webs) anyone noticed what happens when you flash the purple plants ........ well worth it.

RedYoshi999

RedYoshi999 said:

eShop downloads for the win! They were up for me last night so I can play them over Easter instead of waiting over a week for delivery. Already downloaded LM2, but I'm a bit put off by the size of LCU, it will take forever to download!

BakaKnight

BakaKnight said:

Preordered Luigi Mansion, but today I won't be able to go and get my copy DX

Can't wait tomorrow to come!!!
Meanwhile I plan to kill the time with Code of Princess ^O^

AceTrainerBean

AceTrainerBean said:

Got both today was saving for lugies Manson for ages and then my mam got me Lego city as a Easter gift because I'm a health freak who doesn't eat Easter eggs! Such a good buzz was so suprised aswell

RantingThespian

RantingThespian said:

If you have a Wii U, you NEED to buy Lego City. I am not a huge Lego Video Game fan, but my god this game is AWESOME!

RedYoshi999

RedYoshi999 said:

@ToxieDogg
I'm not from the UK so no that wouldn't have happened. Online deliveries take at least a week to arrive for me (and thats just from the other side of Australia)