"Nintendo Direct Wii U Preview" Confirmed For 13th September

Posted by Damien McFerran

Satoru Shibata invites you to watch a special presentation this Thursday

With all eyes on Nintendo's New York presentation this Thursday, the company's European arm has taken the chance to claw back a bit of the limelight.

It has been confirmed that Nintendo Europe will host a Nintendo Direct presentation at 3pm UK time (that's 4pm CEST for those of you in Europe) on the same day, at the same time as the Nintendo of America presentation in New York. Nintendo of Europe president Satoru Shibata will be hosting the presentation.

"Our Nintendo Direct Wii U Preview presentation is coming soon! Check back here on Thursday September 13th at 3 p.m. (UK time) to watch it live!"

Are you thinking what we're thinking? Global Wii U hardware release announcement GET.

Update

Nintendo has confirmed that its Australian site will publish Australasian specific info shortly after the European Nintendo Direct broadcast finishes.

In addition, it will be streamed live on Nintendo's Facebook page.

Will you be watching LIVE on Thursday? (211 votes)

YES, I can't wait!

60%

Hopefully

26%

Nah, I'll just read about it later

14%

Please login to vote in this poll.

[via nintendo.co.uk]

19Robb92

19Robb92 said:

I'm not expecting much. To be honest, I find his lack of performing English pronunciation rather annoying.

But I'm glad they're doing something, I really wanted a stream of some kind. :)

Late

Late said:

@6ch6ris6: Achtung! Sie können hier nicht Deutsch sprechen!
I had to test my German. Haven't used it lately. I wonder if I had any mistakes.

Geonjaha

Geonjaha said:

Good. Let's just hope it is true.
Not expecting much though.

EDIT: Oh wait - it's Wii U only. Nevermid.

antdickensAdmin

antdickens said:

We're now expecting an official announcement within the hour to confirm everything, all aboard the hype-train! We'll update this story when we get official confirmation.

BenAV

BenAV said:

Official confirmation, sweet.
Now to impatiently wait for 48 hours.

citizenerased

citizenerased said:

In case anyone's interested: that's at the exact same time as the US conference. You'll have to pick which one to watch =/

The poll should ask which one's everyone planning on watching!

Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko said:

@Knuckles? Why? Just let them have it. It looks pretty general to me anyway.

Its a global Nintendo Direct? Looks like I won't be needed for Japanese translation this time. :( Maybe next time.

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

Sweet, can't wait! (Even though I'm about 95% sure I ain't getting a Wii U at launch :p Nintendo could sway me though :-O)

RupeeClock

RupeeClock said:

Why 3PM though? Most people are still working at that hour, or are just leaving school.

Late

Late said:

@Knuckles: It was nothing too interesting. He just said the what the time will be in Germany when Nintendo Direct starts and I said: "Attention! You may not speak German here!" I'm not quite certain what 6ch6ris6 said then. I kinda know... or not. I'm not sure. :P

I hope this Nintendo Direct will be something special and full of surprises.

rjejr

rjejr said:

@RupeeClock It's 3PM b/c that's 10AM New York time when Reggie will be saying the same stuff, only the US will be getting the WiiU earlier and cheaper so the EU customers won't be all excited with the US news only to be disappointed later when the EU news comes out.

Has it been confirmed or denied if Reggie is getting a stream from NY?

eviLaTtenDant

eviLaTtenDant said:

Can't vote since there's no "nope, i'll watch it later" option.
At least that's what i hope for. If all goes well i'll be leaving work just when Direct starts.

GazPlant

GazPlant said:

Looking forward to seeing Shibata's giant Goomba imperiously looking over his shoulder throughout again

Alienfish

Alienfish said:

So NA will be at 9:00 a.m. (US Central)? I keep seeing Thursday, but I never see a time attached to it.

Emaan

Emaan said:

So us in North America get nothing unless we're actually at the conference? :O

Lite_Gamer

Lite_Gamer said:

Nintendo has not sold me on the Wii U yet, but I'm excited to see what they'll bring.

Pj1

Pj1 said:

Yeah I'll try to watch online, I just hope the Wii-U price in Europe isn't in Euro's because the cost here in the UK will differ. Looking forward to what's going to be talked on thursday....

I'll buy a Wii-U next April...

LittleIrves

LittleIrves said:

No more Hype Trains, please! They just burn excess coal and never arrive on time. I'm completely neutral for the Wii U launch details event. No emotional investment whatsoever... None... I DON'T CARE----not one bit.... jjjjjjjjj ok maybe I'm excited just a tad (!!).

AyeHaley

AyeHaley said:

Maybe they'll also have a surprise in store for 3DS. Since at 17:00 CEST the eShop gets updated.
Small chance though.

Capt_N

Capt_N said:

@Bof: Yes, check my sig(nature), but (the) flash (file format) is unsupported in the current build of the 3DS web browser.

However, there probably will be videos on the Wii Nintendo Channel, & 3DS eShop! More than likely later that day of course, not live.

I'll try to be on top of the NYC press event

Moshugan

Moshugan said:

@InternetBowser @antdickens @Tsuchinoko Heehaw, I knew that. :D blush
This time zone thing is a bit confusing. :) I'm in Finland and we're GMT+2, except I'm not sure how this daylight saving time will affect the exchange. I think it shouldn't affect it anyway because UK and Finland both change the time for summer?
If UK is GMT+1 can I count on this being 4 p.m. Finnish time? :I

Moshugan

Moshugan said:

Rargh, now a Finnish gaming site said that it will be 5 p.m. Finnish time.
Is there no other Finns here? :)

abINC4L

abINC4L said:

So if it's at 10 AM New York time, does that mean it's going to be 4 (or 5) AM Hawaii time??? DX

x-mas_mii

x-mas_mii said:

i'll try but i have school,but then again,i get out early if there is enough people are going to our football game so i will buy 5 tickets to watch this

SirSmugleaf

SirSmugleaf said:

I just realised that that's 11:30 PM for me, so I don't think I can watch it live...
What a shame, but It'll be good when I wake up in the morning the next day; there'll be a whole lot of new Wii U news!

kyuubikid213

kyuubikid213 said:

I'm looking forward to prices. Hoping it is at most $349.99. That way, I can still get the system even if I can't get the games yet.

DarkNinja9

DarkNinja9 said:

ugh im so confused about the times >.< like someone else mentioned they keep saying thursday but not times and if there will be a live stream and if so what websites? xD

im in california so yeah if its central time i know its 2 hrs earlier here .-.

shake_zula

England: 3pm
California: 7am
Finland: 5pm
New York: 10am
Hawaii: 4am
I think that covers everywhere mentioned

But according to my findings there's gonna be two: The american and the european. Am I right? And if I am, are they gonna happen at the same time? And if they do, where can I watch one or the other?

Token_Girl

Token_Girl said:

Meh, I guess I'll just see the announcements and video later anyway. Hopefully they'll at least record the NY one as a Nintendo direct too, so I can watch it after work.

Sherman

Sherman said:

19Robb92 wrote:

I don't think NoA has announced a Nintendo Direct. Just NoE, so I'm assuming it's just Europe thus far.

It seems Nintendo of America is gonna give a press conference only. That sucks =S Well, Japan just confirmed their Nintendo Direct, so, we're still on time, right? right? RIGHT? T__T