Poll: Which Nintendo E3 Wii U Game Got You Excited?

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

The results are in

Yesterday, during the madness of the Nintendo press conference, we asked our Facebook followers which Wii U game they were most excited about. We had around 300 votes, and below are the results.

Pikmin 3 — 112
New Super Mario Bros. U — 66
Zombi U — 57
Assassin's Creed III — 15
LEGO City Undercover — 14
Batman: Arkham City Armoured Edition — 14
Nintendo Land — 7

What do you think of those results? Let us know in the comments below and vote for your most anticipated 3DS game in our latest Facebook poll.

kyuubikid213

kyuubikid213 said:

The one that got me excited was Pikmin as well. However, I can't wait for Batman, Assassin's Creed, and Mass Effect.

ChibiJib

ChibiJib said:

ironic how nintendoland was nintendo's biggest reveal yet few people are excited for it...

6ch6ris6

6ch6ris6 said:

i can not participate because i dont use facebook. facebook is terrible

best wiiU game was zombiU. really nice features

NX01Trekkie1992

NX01Trekkie1992 said:

I liked them all, but ended up voting on Arkham, SO glad I held off buying it on Steam, now I can get a better version on Wii U

NintyMan

NintyMan said:

I choose the game that wasn't even in the conference but should've, Game & Wario. Otherwise, I liked all three of Nintendo's first-party titles.

warioswoods

warioswoods said:

Ew, a Facebook poll.

If it had been conducted on a less horrible part on the internet, you'd have one more vote for the magic of Nintendo Land, from me.

SkywardLink98

SkywardLink98 said:

None. They were all old titles/expected ones and the new ones were kinda boring. If this is the launch lineup then the Wii U is gonna start off the same as the 3DS.

PinkSpider

PinkSpider said:

Zombieu all the way but I have to know was that actual gameplay or just a tech demo designed to show how the game could play.

BF-Medic

BF-Medic said:

Nintendo Land and Zombie U.
But you really should keep these polls on your own page....

PinkSpider

PinkSpider said:

I'll be honest I really can't care for new super mario bros u or scribblenaut there better suited to 3ds I mean come on this should have been Mario galaxy 3 showing what the console can do graphically, pikmin 3 did look lush zombieu I couldn't tell if it was actual game play but looks like the most exciting game announcedand batman and mass effect 3 are all old now, Nintendo land needs to be released with wii u like Wii sports was with Wii. I love Nintendo but I think they are gonna struggle.

rjejr

rjejr said:

Pikmin 3 is the obvious choice, especially if you are a Nintendo fan, as it's been 6 years. Can't wait to finally get Pikmin 2.
Not a game but that guy video-conferencing in Nintendo Direct was my happiest moment of the week so far. Though he was FAR FAR FAR too far away from the camera to get himself on screen like that. If you put the video into the Tank, Tank ,Tank photo boxes then that could be a really fun surprise as well.
Rayman Legends made the best use of the Gamepad. It's a sneaky way to get longevity out of the game as 3 or 4 people can take turns w/ the GP and Wiimotes. And Origins was really fun multiplayer.
And since Wesker mentioned it, the curtains. I think 99% of what appears from behind those curtains will be naked teen cellphone photos. (OK, "naked teen cellphone photos" is probably mostly redundant but I couldn't figure out how to foreplay shorten it.)
And if they do get Tomb Raider near it's release that's a plus. Batman is good but it will be hard to sell a full price new game when the $30 PS3 GH ed. is next to it on the shelf. (GH not announced yet but I'm sure it will be, and right on time too I bet.)
And Project P100 looks great.

SuperAdamGalaxy

SuperAdamGalaxy said:

I'm exited for LEGO CITY: Undercover, mostly because I have been waiting for a Lego free roam for years. Also I really want a kid friendly GTA where your the good guy. I am also exited EVERYTHING about Wii U :)

Mahe

Mahe said:

Wii Fit U was the best of the bunch, but it was a sorry show.

StephenYap3

StephenYap3 said:

1. New Super Mario Bros U (A new Mario game that actually feels "new")
2. Nintendo Land (Tons of attractions!)
3. Lego City Undercover (A Lego game that has potential)
4. Rayman Legends (I hope this one doesn't wind up being as easy/ easier than Origins)
5. Pikmin 3 (Looks good, but my least picked)

she_gamer

she_gamer said:

Probably Wii Fit U. I couldn't get into Pikmin, and I'm good with one NSMBWii.
Rayman Legends looks good though for those who like that kinda thing.

cc-plus

cc-plus said:

@Wesker: I laughed so hard when they revealed that. Only Nintendo would think of something like Internet curtains. :D

Kaio-Ken

Kaio-Ken said:

@Popyman

I agree, Nintendo has literally given up on their fans in exchange for these "casual" mass appealing gimmicks. Pikmin 3 looks great, other than that the only decent looking games are ones I can just play on my Xbox. Why even bother with a Wii U?

pntjr

pntjr said:

I'm pumped for ZombiU, Rayman Legends, Mass Effect 3, and NSMBU. The rest are OK, except for NintendoLand which is utter garbage and deserves to burn on the curb.

GreenDream

GreenDream said:

I'm still not sure how well the gamepad actually works. I'm more interested in it than any of the games...

OldBoy

OldBoy said:

None of em'. There is nothing on that list that is making me want a WiiU.Especially when the next xbox/PS are round the corner and will blow the WiiU out of the water. Thankfully I can still get my Nintendo fix on my 3DS so I'm good.

hydeks

hydeks said:

Mario, Batman, and ZombiU. ZombiU was a BIG surprise, and a even bigger surprise how much I want the game. I hate shooters, that is shooters that shoot people :P Zombies and such is fun though :P Batman Arkham City i tried to play on PS3 and thought it was missing something with the controller, so I will be definitely getting that. As for Mario, it's Mario, I don't need to say more :P

hillbill26

hillbill26 said:

1. Rayman Legends
2. Batman: Arkham City Armoured Edition
3. LEGO City Undercover
4. Assasins Creed III
5. New Super Mario Bros. U

Candido0411

Candido0411 said:

Pikmin 3 is the only title that got me really excited! Been waiting for a new Pikmin since Pikmin 2 and was glad to see actual gameplay footage of it.

Oh and another title worth mentioning that wasn't shown during Nintendo's E3 Press Conference is Project P-100 which looks really good so far!

thanos316

thanos316 said:

umm hmm.. damn they didn't show me anything that got me that excited. i saw 2 seconds of mass effect 3. that was it. pikmin - no.. super mario bros - no... sorry

Henmii

Henmii said:

No new Rayman?! Are you guys crazy?!

Helloooo, Rayman legends....a SYSTEM EXCLUSIVE to the already pretty fun Rayman origins!!! With beautiful graphics!!!

Rayman legends got me the most excited! But it seems I am the only one...

TheAdza

TheAdza said:

The only thing that has me really excited is MiiVerse. Project P100 looks interesting, and I will probably buy Pikmin and NSMBU, i won't be buying Nintendoland, it should be pack in software or cheap eShop software. Minigame complications are what ruined the Wii so I won't have any part of it this generation. I don't like first person shooters, so all the ports aren't impressing me. Scribblenauts Unlimited will have to be different enough from the previous two versions I already own. There was just no surprises, no must have original games. Quite a poor showing all round in my opinion.

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

For me the top three in that poll sound about right, but if you want to include Game & Wario, then it would kick down Zombi U to fourth place.

But still not enough to take the plunge on a new system. I am optimistic, though.

Samholy

Samholy said:

Wii U isnt exciting :-(
no doubt it will be a fun machine. but its outdated. id prefer wait for the next ps4.
nintendo claims theyre launching their console before everyone lse. Id say theyre seriously late with the WiiU. about 6 years late. This is the console that should have launched instead of the Wii. When the ps4/xbox? will launch, WiiU will look pale. will look like and feel like youre playing on an old machine.

sorry nintendo. i love youre games. but i learned to not like your home consoles since the nintendo 64. the nintendo sealed games are exceptionnals, but the consoles are dumb.

so...do like SEGA, stop making home consoles and make games. and blast outright the handheld market. the 3DS rules above all, just like every handheld nintendo made.

TrueWiiMaster

TrueWiiMaster said:

I'm definitely most excited for Pikmin 3. If possible, I would get a Wii U on launch day with Pikmin 3, New Super Mario U, Nintendo Land (still think it will/should be a pack-in) and either Scribblenauts Unlimited or LEGO City Undercover. Oh, and Project P-100 looks like it could be pretty awesome too... And Game and Wario... And Tank! Tank! Tank! (based purely on what I've seen)...

TrueWiiMaster

TrueWiiMaster said:

@Samholy
If Nintendo stopped making consoles, many great games would never be made. What's more, the Wii U out-powers both the 360 and PS3 by a significant (and unconfirmed) margin, so it's far above what was released 6 years ago. The Wii U is next gen.

H_Hunter

H_Hunter said:

I think they are providing so many good games for everyone.
ZombieU, Mario games and Lugi games, Project P-100, TANKx3, Pikmin 3
You gotta love something (except SiNG)

LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID said:

1. Nintendo Land
2. Wii Fit U
3. New Super Mario Bros U
4. Tekken Tag Tournament 2
5. Pikmin 3
6. Rayman Legends
7. Batman Arkham City
8. Scribblenauts Unlimited
9. Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing Transformed
10. Project P-100

That's just the top 10 and there isn't much between those!

TimboBaggins

TimboBaggins said:

Ummmm, Rayman Legends Anyone? here Are my top 5:
1. Pikman 3
2. NSMBU
3.Rayman Legends
4. ZombiU
5.Batman Arkham City

Sir_Deadly

Sir_Deadly said:

@Samholy outdated? umm yea since when??? last i checked, the other 2 consoles wont be out for another 2 or three years!!! Beside it has more innovation than the others so its a Next Gen console. FAR from outdated!!!

for me: ZombiU, NSMBU, Rayman Legends, Batman, Project P-100, Pikmin 3, Lego City, AC3, ME3, and maybe Nintendo land!

People say this console will fail, but they really meant to say they fail because Nintendo didnt cater to there needs lol!!!