Nintendo Download: 7th June 2012 (North America)

Posted by James Newton

Bats, cats, balance and curling

It's a bumper week for North America with new 3DS Download Software, demos, DSiWare, 3D videos and more. Here's what's available today.

3DS Download Software

Art of Balance TOUCH! (Shin'en Multimedia, $6.99) — An excellent puzzle game that tasks you to create a balanced stack of blocks. It's tougher than it sounds, as our Art of Balance TOUCH! review explains.

3DS Demo

LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Warner Bros.) — Released yesterday during the 3DS software showcase, try out a free portion of the upcoming LEGO super heroes adventure.

3DS Virtual Console

Prince of Persia (Game Boy Color, Ubisoft, $4.99) — That was quick. Nintendo only announced this for a Q2 release on Tuesday, and here we are about to play the Prince's GBC adventure in North America. Check our Prince of Persia review for the full lowdown.

Wii Virtual Console

The Last Blade (NEO GEO, SNK Playmore, 900pts) — Here's a turn-up for the books. Released in Japan in March, North American fight fans can unsheathe their blades this week. We'll have a full review very soon.

DSiWare

Cat Frenzy (Teyon, 200pts) — The frenzied felines reach North America in a game that's not bad but not great. Our Cat Frenzy review explains.

Curling Super Championship (Cypronia, 500pts) — What could be better during the summer than some ice cold curling? Sadly this doesn't quite have the stones to be worth a purchase, as our Curling Super Championship review spells out.

Nintendo Video

Dinosaur Office: Bring Your Child to Work Day — "Dinosaur offspring take over the workplace in this week's episode of Dinosaur Office. Available on Nintendo Video at 6 a.m. PT on June 7."

eShop

You can also download 3D trailers for some of Nintendo's E3 line-up for a limited time.

Quite a big week. What's coming home with you this week?

Joshers744

Joshers744 said:

Another VC game...looks interesting...was kinda looking forward to playing that Mole game since Miyamoto made it. No prob though. I've got too many games to know what to do with as it as, and the Wii Pikmin 2 comes out this weekend! (Whos idea was it to release games on Sundays anyway??)

Bass_X0

Bass_X0 said:

Kinda expected Prince of Persia to come some time soon. I hope Europe get Last Blade next week. Curse the Americans for getting a good game before us for once!

:P

Shadowflash

Shadowflash said:

Me and my mom love Dinosaur Office, so I'll be showing that to her :D. Other than that, probably the demo and the trailers. Don't have any money for anything else XD.

sketchturner

sketchturner said:

Dang, I was really hoping they'd give us the long-awaited Retro City Rampage in honor of E3.

KaiserGX

KaiserGX said:

I guess Nintendo don't want my money for Wario Land, Kirby's Dreamland 2 or Kid Icarus.

TheDreamingHawk

TheDreamingHawk said:

Whhere is wario Land? I dont really whine about it, BUT IT SHOULD HAVE AT LEAST HAVE BEEN AT E3 FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! IT'S BEEN 5 MONTHS!!!

Still going to get Prince of Persia, and Art of Balance, those are just as great.

Rawk_Hawk

Rawk_Hawk said:

The Last Blade! that came out of nowhere. Maybe there is hope for Art of Fighting 3

KaiserGX

KaiserGX said:

Come on Reggie. give me Wario Land... why do you have me wait every damn week and stay up until 6:00am to see the update... I was good for the E3...

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

@Rawk_Hawk - We get The Last Blade and you'd rather have Art of Fighting 3??? Okay...

@Everyone Even vaguely interested in Fighting games, The Last Blade is a must. It's one of the best fighters out there. A little on the tough side, especially when you try to lear the parry system, but it's very fun and rewarding once you start to get it down.

TheDreamingHawk

TheDreamingHawk said:

Still, WHERE IS WARIO LAND? AT LEAST SAY ITS COMING NEXT WEEK OR SO! IT'S BEEN 5 MONTHS, AND JAPAN HAS THE WHOLE SERIES ALREADY.

Bass_X0

Bass_X0 said:

The Last Blade! that came out of nowhere.

Not really. It came out in Japan a while ago so it was expected at some point.

Undead_terror

Undead_terror said:

a nice plentyful week but I dont know what to get,they are all pretty much bad (cant get wii vc and the good 3ds one is art of balance)

TheDreamingHawk

TheDreamingHawk said:

@Mickeymac It doesnt matter any more.... I did buy Zelda Oracle games since they won't be on for a while, but still, Wario Land is already on the VC in Europe and Japan, yet they seem to not bring it here... where is it for crying out loud!!! (I'm done being as mad as giygas)

3DSLUIGI

3DSLUIGI said:

Awesome. I'll be sure to check out Prince Of Persia today. I don't mean to sound like an idiot here when I say this, but GBC game # 3 so far within the time of 3 straight weeks in a row for the eShop. All I want to know is, what's the deal with the sudden love for all these GAME BOY COLOR games as of late coming to North America. I still say something eerie is going on with NOA if we're getting treated this nicely from their GBC line.

Koos

Koos said:

This is an amazing week. Isn't there also like 5 more demos including Heroes of Ruin? A perfect week really with that VC surprise for Wii, a great 3DS game, demos, two DsiWare games, another 3D VC.... nice.

KaiserGX

KaiserGX said:

A watched pot never boils?! I cook a lot of spaghetti and I stare at the water and it boils in a couple minutes! Why do you keep lying!

paburrows

paburrows said:

So I noticed no mention of Lego Batman in the Europe downloads, does that mean that they only got Heroes of Ruin demo and we only got Lego? If so I'm feeling a tiny bit less jealous.

retro_player_22

retro_player_22 said:

Finally Last Blade has arrived. This is the only game from the Neo Geo library that I deeply look forward too, glad it's here.

Yanchamaru

Yanchamaru said:

Last Blade is awesome news! I heard many hardcore fight fans say Last Blade is better than Samurai Shodown. Any new Wii VC game is great news in my book.

TheDreamingHawk

TheDreamingHawk said:

What happened to my earlier comment? They seemed to have changed.

Anyway, Seeing how I have 48 dollars left in the eshop, I can give block sizes for all of the games, if you want, James.

James

James said:

@TheDreamingHawk I have that sorted but thanks anyway!

RE: Demos, the ones mentioned yesterday (Kingdom Hearts etc.) are just "on the way" so expect them in the near future.

mamp

mamp said:

Reall!? these are the games we're getting maybe I should keep my expectations really low every Thrusday. Darn you NOA darn you to heck!!!

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

@mamp

We got a great VC game, at least. That's something to celebrate. Also, Art of Balance Touch is supposed to be really good.

Rawk_Hawk

Rawk_Hawk said:

@Mickeymac
I'm not complaining, but AOF 3 is probably my favorite Neo Geo fighter. So it gives me hope that more Neo Geo titles can randomly appear. That's OK right?

shonenjump86

shonenjump86 said:

YES!!! Last Blade is the Neo Geo game I have been waiting for to it the VC. Never played it, but I hear it's very good. I like Samurai Showdown and King of Fighters so I'm pretty sure I will like this one :) Did not see this coming at all. Gonna download as soon as I can.

Vampfox

Vampfox said:

At this rate I bet we sadly won't get Wario Land till next year. It's pretty clear to me that NOA hates Wario Land.

TheDreamingHawk

TheDreamingHawk said:

I got both AOB and POP and they both are great! The only thing that irks me is that in AOB, the date it saves for my endurance scores are messed up. For a stupid reason it thinks it's July 6th. Can anyone tell me how to make the date normal?

Also, I'm mad that the Common Xoon section has NO WARIO LAND OR KI2 whatsoever. I think I may need to give them a call just to ask, and I advise others to do the same.

Marioman64

Marioman64 said:

i enjoyed art of balance on the wii, hopefully it being on a touch screen will let me put blocks down carefully now

WarioFan63

WarioFan63 said:

@TheDreamingHawk I don't think this is any cause for concern. Coming Soon this week seems to just show upcoming eshop games. We know there are DSiWare games dated for the next few weeks which aren't listed there but it doesn't mean they aren't coming out.
We don't need to jump to conclusions about no VC games being listed.

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

@Miss_Rarity Twice, actually, because it was listed as coming soon, then came two weeks later. With that said, I think if a Nintendo game was coming, they'd list it there for all to see, like they did with Block Ball.

Azikira

Azikira said:

I'm still completely jealous of Heroes of Ruin Online Demo for the rest of you guys. But Lego Batman isnt the WORST demo to ever show up, either

grumblegrumble

grumblegrumble said:

Art of Balance: Touch! seems to be yet another 3DSWare hit! Just downloaded it, it looks and plays fantastic ;) I encourage anyone else who enjoys puzzle games (such as Pushmo) to grab this immediately! That is all ;)

WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart said:

Wow, Last Blade and Art of Balance?! This is great! I really hope that we get that Heroes of Ruin demo next week.

Flowerlark

Flowerlark said:

Playing Art of Balance. It's a good brain teaser but lacks charm... I guess I've been spoiled by Pushmo and DodoGo.

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

I just played some Last Blade finally. It's even better than I remember - I recall it being impossible to get past the 2nd or third stage as Kaede, but this time it only took one continue for stage 3, another for 4, and 2 for 5. Finally couldn't go on at stage 6, which is pretty good for me. I think there are only 8 stages, too. I look forward to giving it another go pretty soon.

NTELLIGENTMAN

NTELLIGENTMAN said:

Say, I have a question about demos. I know that the number of times you can play is limited, but if I copy my 3DS data to another memory card as I have before, then shouldn't I be able to play the 3DS demo until 0, then copy my original SD card again and play the demos down to 0 or is that demo count saved on my 3DS system itself?

NTELLIGENTMAN

NTELLIGENTMAN said:

Last Blade? Wow. I bought Last Blade 2 complete for $12.99 last year on Dreamcast. Pretty good game, but I ddn't really understand the story too well so I might pick up the first game in the series. $9.00 is less than I spent on the sequel so I don't feel like SNK is ripping me off. Also, Last Blade was only ported to Neo Geo and Neo Geo Pocket. It was never ported to PS one, PS2, PS3, PSP, Wii, Xbox 360, or Dreamcast, so I guess there actually is one SNK game I don't own on my PS2 and won't be able to.

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

@NTELLIGENTMAN The play count is in the data. If you copy it to another SD Card, chances are it'll hold the count, though I haven't tried it myself. Why, have you noticed the count reset?

Zach777

Zach777 said:

Art of Balance is an excellent download... almost better than Pushmo in many ways, but they are completely different, after all.

NTELLIGENTMAN

NTELLIGENTMAN said:

@Mickeymac No, I haven't even tried copying the data. In fact, I haven't played a single demo. If I decide to sell my 3DS in the future, I figure if I have every demo with its original play count on there, I can sell it for more money. I should be able to sell it for quite a bit wtih all of the GBA games on mine as well. I would only sell it if I can transfer data to the next Nintendo handheld.