Happy New Year from Nintendo Life!

Posted by James Newton

Here's to 2012

It's the very first day of 2012, and we want to take this opportunity to wish you all a very happy New Year.

2011 was our best year yet — we were featured in the 3DS eShop, teamed up with Eurogamer and even won a Mario Kart 7 medal — but we wouldn't be able to do any of this without the support of a great number of people.

Just breaking our site's third-person rule for one minute, I'd like to say a huge thank you to everyone who works so hard to make Nintendo Life a success: our dedicated and knowledgeable directors Ant, Darren and Damien, our insightful and committed editors Jon, Tom and Corbie, community genius Des and all our reviewers — Zach, Phil, Ron, Jacob, Marcel, Pete, Chris, Jamie, Mat, Mark and those who've worked with us but moved on this year.

I also want to thank all the developers and publishers we've worked with in 2011, and of course we send a big high-five to Eurogamer.

Most of all though I want to thank you, the Nintendo Life readers. You play a huge part in our success — we get so many compliments on our friendly and welcoming community, from new members and other industry staff, and you're a vital part of our growing reputation. I want to say a personal thank you to you all for continuing to visit and support Nintendo Life: without you, there is no Nintendo Life.

We've enjoyed huge support and growth this year, but I can assure you we're just getting started. We have huge plans for 2012 and I'm really excited about what awaits us in the next 12 months.

On behalf of everyone here, happy New Year and enjoy your Nintendo life in 2012.

James

Radixxs

Radixxs said:

Great site with great reviews and a thriving community. It's nearly an online Nintendo Power. And trust me, from me that's a huge compliment. Here's to another great one at NLife, Happy New Year.

Supremeist

Supremeist said:

Happy New Year, Nintendo Life. I've gotten banned twice this year, one of my resolutions is to stop getting banned from NL! :D To celebrate I bought an eShop Card so I could prepare for all the great downloadable games coming this year.

Thanks for all the great news that you give us!

BlueAce127

BlueAce127 said:

Happy New Year to Nintendo Life and everyone else!

Despite Nintendo's not-so-good start to 2011, they got back on track with games such as SM3DL and MK7. And they're showing no signs of stopping in 2012 with the big games that's still on their way! (Can't wait for Paper Mario!)

Nintendo 4 Life! :D

eviLaTtenDant

eviLaTtenDant said:

2011: TIME UP
2012: PRESS START

Happy new year to all of you and keep rocking.
Still sucks that we got New Year so much later than Japan though.

daznsaz

daznsaz said:

happy new year.could nintendo life start a new video game tv show in the uk?its been a while.

Ajay755

Ajay755 said:

Happy New Year to all. Hoping 2012 will will be a delay-free year for 3DS Games, I can't wait for Luigi's Mansion 2 ... :)

3DS

3DS said:

Merry Chri........Oh right that's the distant past......Happy New Year

MrArcade

MrArcade said:

Happy new year guys. For me, its going to be another great year of retro gaming.

Shiryu

Shiryu said:

Better be a new F-Zero coming our way grumbe grumble Happy New Year !

Dodger

Dodger said:

And the new year begins the same way everything else did last year. NA got it last. :P

Happy new year! Maybe Pikmin 2 NPC will be released this year. Seriously? Australia but not us?

Actually, I really doubt it will be released this year but I'm sure there will be SOMETHING worth playing in the next 366 days.

KAI7321

KAI7321 said:

@15 Uhmmm...Why just Japan? You do realise there is other countries in the nearby vicinity of Japan which have it before you too?

Anyway, Happy New Year everybody! :)

eviLaTtenDant

eviLaTtenDant said:

@KAI7321: I thought it would be obvious that this was only a bad-joke-reference to us whiny people complaining 'bout non-worldwide release dates of games. ;)

motang

motang said:

Happy new year! uh, so sleepy, I had 4 hours of sleep, now I need to get ready to go to the temple! :-/

DestinyMan

DestinyMan said:

Why, thanks back to you, James! Ever since I've joined NL back in summer 2010, this site has been my #1 place for Nintendo news. 2011 was a great year, but I have a feeling 2012 will be even better!

antdickensAdmin

antdickens said:

Hope everyone is having a great new year so far! Thanks for all your support in 2011. Fantastic.

Jfilesguy

Jfilesguy said:

@Lordjumpmad yah it would be great if Vitagamr and Movemondo morfed into a giant mega site! But i think it should be called "Sonygamr" or anything that replaces "Life" with "Gamr" just to make it seem like it's not as conected to Nintendo Life.

Also give us "Xbox Box" for Microsoft's systems :)

P.S. 2nd to homestarrunner.com, best website ever!

Robo-goose

Robo-goose said:

Last year, I agreed with Jon's reviews more than I agreed with my own political leaders.
Keep on writing, dude! Your reviews always seem to be spot on, and I don't think that's going to change any time soon.

eviLaTtenDant

eviLaTtenDant said:

@KAI7321 (46.): It would go against my one and only new year's resolution. I swore to myself not to mention anything positive and only stress everything that i don't like. ;)

Odnetnin

Odnetnin said:

Thank you for keeping the dream alive that there is actually an NL HQ and I will work there some day.

milkman12

milkman12 said:

"and all our reviewers"

umm, wouldnt it be better if you said "critics" and not "reviewers", james?

misswliu81

misswliu81 said:

this place has become to be my favourite nintendo fan site.

2012 is going to be a huge year for nintendo and for us fans- wii U release and games, more 3ds games and hopefully, nintendo acknowledging metroid's 30th anniversary in august this year.

happy new year everyone! :-D

TysonOfTime

TysonOfTime said:

Happy New Year! Can't wait for all the good games coming out. Especially KI:Uprising.

Now If excuse me, I'm playing VVVVVV. I'm at the shiny trinket near "Getting here is half the fun!". GAH.

Galaxia-Master

Galaxia-Master said:

Happy New Year everyone. Hope you come back when you can put up a fight because victory is my destiny!!!

Knuckles

Knuckles said:

Happy New Year Gamers and Editors! Anyone elses new years resolution to play more video games?

Retro_on_theGo

Retro_on_theGo said:

Happy new year!
Thank you for this awesome and fun site with such a nice and welcoming community! I love it so much! :D

Odnetnin

Odnetnin said:

@TysonQ7 You'll be happy to know that's the hardest trinket in the game--well, there are a couple that might be harder... Sorry, probably not helping your morale. But seriously, good luck and you'll get it with practice.

BlueAce127

BlueAce127 said:

Along with the new year... school; again. Now there's gonna be less time for videogames! :(

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

Happy New Year and thanks for being one of the best Nintendo dedicated websites. I love your reviews and the community here.

I also love how you update on weekends if need be. Keep it up!

WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart said:

Happy New Year everybody!

Last year was great and I'm sure that this year will be even bigger and better. Keep up the great work Nintendo Life! :)

AVahne

AVahne said:

Happy New Year! 2012 will probably a VERY busy year for you guys, so good luck!

lonlon-milker

lonlon-milker said:

This year of gaming is going to be brutal. The amazing 3ds is going to have the compatition of the vita and the wii u will have to face the xbox and playstation. Let the 6th gen wars begin!

Bobhobob

Bobhobob said:

Enough with the happy new year messages already! :O
Because this year won't be happy for the Wii... :(

bauckster

bauckster said:

Thanks for everything Nintendo Life! You are a beacon of truth and justice (or at least video game awesomeness! ) ;P

BlueAce127

BlueAce127 said:

Still waiting for those demos that Nintendo promised. But I'm positive that EU & NA will get them shortly! :)

@Bobhobob I know how you feel... Don't worry though; the Wii U brings us great promise and I think it'll be a huge success! :) (Followed by a clone console made by Sony and Microsoft.) :P

TanookiMike

TanookiMike said:

I'm usually just a lurker, but I'd like to thank NL for all it's done. I'm excited for another year of the very best in videogame coverage.

Dodger

Dodger said:

I see no great promise for the Wii U until Nintendo proves that they know how to advertise a system that isn't going to be as naturally popular as the Wii and also proves that they aren't going to try to sell the system for a year with just Pikmin 3. I hope they learned from the 3DS. They really are going to need to because the knockoff systems from Microsoft and Sony are almost certainly going to be more powerful so it has to have something other then HD.

joevox316

joevox316 said:

Happy New Year everyone! Despite a rocky start, 2011 was a great year to be a Nintendo fan! Thanks NL, for being such a fun and friendly site to be a part of!

BlueAce127

BlueAce127 said:

@Dodger Well, Nintendo already said they're going to make sure that the Wii U launch will not be the same as the 3DS; interms of pricing. Nintendo defenitely learned from the launch failure of the 3DS. This time, they'll price the Wii U at a reasonable level so that early adopters won't be worried about a price drop coming anytime soon. But, I see your point with the launch game-lineup. They need to make sure that at least one of their launch games be either a Zelda or Mario game. These two franchises have always powered a Nintendo console/handheld to success. Plus, there's more third party companies interested in the Wii U this time around. Based on how Nintendo handled the 3DS' problems, I think the Wii U will be just fine; no matter what happens. Nintendo always finds a way... ;)

Scissors

Scissors said:

It's my 21st birthydayt andf I', really drunk right now, I love evrybody Nitendolife tocks, but I wish more people woulds talk to me. Eitherway I really like this websiute and keep up the good work

shinesprite

shinesprite said:

I'm a little late posting this (I know), but I'd just like to say thanks to all the staff for all the hard work they do each and every day to keep this site up and running. ;)

Keep it up guys!