Nintendo UK Reconfirms GBA Ambassador Games for This Month

Posted by James Newton

It's all good

After the GBA Ambassador games release date rumours of a delay, Nintendo UK has confirmed to Official Nintendo Magazine that the games are still on course to release this year.

A spokesperson told the magazine's website:

The forthcoming 10 GBA Virtual Console titles available for registrants of the Nintendo 3DS Ambassador Programme, will be available before the end of December 2011. We will make further announcements in due course.

That still doesn't explain why Nintendo's Spanish and German sites listed a 2012 release for the games, but Nintendo UK is still confident of a 2011 release.

[via officialnintendomagazine.co.uk]

eviLaTtenDant

eviLaTtenDant said:

And the German site of course still lists it that way. But how could they expect that anybody would read these anyway. :P
Nice that Ninty UK reconfirms a 2011 release though.

Vriess

Vriess said:

Really wondering about the other 5 titles. I hope for at least Zelda Minish Cap, given it's the 25th anniversary year.

milkman12

milkman12 said:

if its delayed in NA, i swear i will sell my 3DS on craigslist demanding high prices, seems how there arent anymore ambassador 3DS'.

Linkstrikesback

Linkstrikesback said:

The same nintendo uk who advertised the update as being on the 30th of november?

Yeah, I'll believe it when Nintendo of America or Nintendo of Japan says it. Until then...

MF_MaxiMillion

MF_MaxiMillion said:

The picture made everything more peaceful...

But I'm still not able to get Mario Kart the day it comes out because I'm in the hospital.

small raging moan

sykotek

sykotek said:

Japan's end of fiscal year 2011 or 2011-nendo is on March 31, 2012. Obviously, the original statement with intent to "release by the end of the year" was mistranslated from Japanese to English. Also painfully obvious are the various Nintendo Western Representatives that are quoting from the date from the original mistranslation.

We will be receiving these games by April 1, 2012. That is all.
Untitled

h0nden

h0nden said:

That's great. So. Now. Give us who bough the "cheap" 3DS availability to those games within a month =)

Tare

Tare said:

I know these updates are supposed to be universal, but is it possible that Europe could be getting these after 2012, and NA and Japan before?

ImDiggerDan

ImDiggerDan said:

I seem to remember that the original wording suggested that the GBA games would begin to be delivered before the end of the year, ie only 1 of them had to be available before the end of this month.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if they get drip fed to us one by one over next year.

Stine

Stine said:

Thank God. I hope we get to know what the other five games are soon.

Hardy83

Hardy83 said:

I'm glad Nintendo of America is so open and communicative with things like this.

Oh wait.

I hate you Reggie.

eviLaTtenDant

eviLaTtenDant said:

@ImDiggerDan (21.): I also thought so once. But since the NES games were all released at the same time i assumed it will be the same with the GBA games. And the website says otherwise too. I can't say that i'd dislike only getting one every two weeks though. That would give each game its time to shine. :)

Slightly offtopic now ... but has any of you seen the Zelda themed points cards in a shop yet ?

DF2506

DF2506 said:

Whew. Great news! Yes, I was worried. lol. The Spain news was just too believable after the update news. sigh Wish Nintendo would just tell us what the final 5 are & when we should expect the games already...

Link79

Link79 said:

Okay so if we are definitely getting them this year shouldn't they be telling us what games they'll be?
We still only know of 5 so far and the deadline is near.

Rococoman

Rococoman said:

I'm actually impressed that they will be getting them out by the end of the year. There are so many issues with GBA games that didn't exist for the NES games.

The GBA's screen resolution was 240x160, even lower than the DS, though not by much. The 3DS has a 400x240 screen, and the scaling would probably make the games look hideous, but not scaling them would make them too small. Also, the Mario advance games had a multiplayer aspect to them, and it would be an eyesore if Nintendo either cut these out or disabled multiplayer functions.

Overall, I'm pretty excited to see how these turn out.

Pj1

Pj1 said:

I'm really pleased, I was begining to think Nintendo would go back on this! Looking forward to playing Mario Kart g.b advance!

Unca_LzStaff

Unca_Lz said:

@Hardy83: They did tell us recently that the games were coming before the end of the year...in a spotpass less than two weeks ago.

shonenjump86

shonenjump86 said:

I know this may not happen but if 1 of the remaing 5 games was Astro Boy Omega Factor I would be really Happy. :)

rayquaza_master

rayquaza_master said:

I want mario and luigi superstar saga,pkmn emerald,minish cap,fire emblem and advanced wars and I will be VERY happy!:D

Noire

Noire said:

They should release them on the 25th, then at least Christmas will be worth something. :O

Joko450

Joko450 said:

@44 Umm, last time I checked, there weren't any more months in the year of 2011 to go.

kingofe3

kingofe3 said:

See, everybody shouldn't believe everything they hear until an offical PR comes out. Now quit whining and play some games!

DarkLloyd

DarkLloyd said:

maybe golden sun as one of the 5 and zelda minish cap and metriod watever its called

:P naaaaahhh too good to be true

Raptor78

Raptor78 said:

@Kingofe3
Just like the official advert Nintendo released on primetime tv saying that 3D video recording would be available from the 30th of November. Nintendos official PR means nothing anymore.

shinesprite

shinesprite said:

There is something wrong with the above image. When I click to enlarge it I instead see a NL image stating "Please do not link our images / wallpapers, to view this image please goto : nintendolife.com" Strange. :|

SunnySnivy

SunnySnivy said:

First the 10 NES titles are mediocre (except for Zelda and Mario), and we have to wait an eternity for the GBA titles.

There is no excuse. We should have all of the game already and they should have all the features of the VC games you purchase.

I'm fed up with waiting for these 3DS games and features we should have had to begin with.

CosmoXY

CosmoXY said:

@52- Here we go again with that advertisement and your grief with the update...

@55- Can we quit crying about free games? Some people.

Nintendo3DSLife

Nintendo3DSLife said:

Interesting.:)well u no i aint from UK and its kinda intersesting wat they said.I no that the GBA games will come @ end of the year(since notification on da 3ds said dat) and like i was thinkn bout it since last month and i was wondern when will USA have it?and also wat is da 5 other GBA games?I no so far 2 which is SMB3 and kirby's amazing mirror(well IDK if true) and i hope its gonna be zelda minish cap,pokemon emberld,and ya idk 1 more.I lookn forward to have it.:)

Kagamine

Kagamine said:

@sunnysnivy wow your ungrateful. they didnt have to give you anything. you don't deserve or have the right to the games anyhow. you bought it early, thats not there problem. Nintendo is being nice and your being a butt head about it. If i offer you 10 bucks because the lottery ticket i bought you didn't win, but i had to go get it from my car, would you complain?

retro_player_22

retro_player_22 said:

@ sykotek

I don't see how they will release the GBA Classic NES Series when they had already release 10 free NES games already. Those ten GBA games are to be GBA games, not an NES game in a GBA rom.