Nintendo America Dates Upcoming 3DS Games

Posted by James Newton

Not a complete list

It's release date madness today, as Nintendo's American and European wings have announced countless release dates for Wii, DS and 3DS games.

For North America, the biggest news is Kid Icarus: Uprising's release date of 23rd March, but there's a bit more to discover in the list below; Rayman Origins is on course for a release in the first quarter, for instance.

As before Nintendo remarks this is a partial list of upcoming games, so if your favourite game — let's say, just for instance, Animal Crossing — isn't there, don't panic.

Nintendo 3DS Software in Early 2012

Horses 3D — March 6
Funky Barn — Q1
Rayman® Origins — Q1

Djrr-ific

Djrr-ific said:

Uh-oh..

and Ubi said Rayman Origins 3DS would release in 2011 but when it wasn't even included somewhere on the official Rayman Origin's website I had my fears.. Good to see it will be available soon (:

zionich

zionich said:

Heroes of Ruin and Monster Hunter Tri G are the 2 im most looking forward to.

Skotski

Skotski said:

Can I just say one thing?

...nintendolife... YOU'VE BEEN ON A ROLL WITH NEWS!!!
O_O WHAT HAPPENED?!!!

With all this news, you'd think it was e3 or something!

NintyMan

NintyMan said:

Yes! A firm release date for Kid Icarus: Uprising! And just in time for Spring Break too! Time to start putting my full pre-order for the release now.

Now it would be helpful to know when Mario Party 9 for the Wii would release in North America. This is a great day for gaming news!

Majoras_Wrath

Majoras_Wrath said:

I played the original Crush on PSP a few years ago. It was good, but not $40 good. I think I got the original for $7. Resident Evil, Metal Gear Solid, and the Circle Pad Pro have me the most excited.

coolvw93

coolvw93 said:

Sweet, thats good that tekken 3D and snake eater are coming out in Q1of next year. All the games on this list sound good, cant wait for next year. Im hoping that Roller Coaster Tycoon 3D comes out in Q1 too.

NintyMan

NintyMan said:

Wow, I just saw in a handy agenda book I have that March 23 is a Friday, so that makes Kid Icarus: Uprising not part of the usual high-profile release on a Sunday. That's okay, though, because that sets things up nicely for a weekend burst of raw angel power!

James

James said:

@Skotski That's what happens when two branches of Nintendo announce release dates for the next four months :D

Kitty_hime1

Kitty_hime1 said:

will kid icarus need the circle pad pro? cause i don't want to spend extra money on a asceserie

tactical_Crow

tactical_Crow said:

What were's the new Fire Emblem 3ds game and why haven't Nintendolife commented on this upcoming game??!

Denkou

Denkou said:

Sigh... No Kingdom hearts 3d... I wanted to see Neku in 3D by my birthday. (March 31st, which is ever so conveniently located at the EXACT end of the first quarter). Oh well. Soon enough I guess.

grumblebuzzz

grumblebuzzz said:

The only one that's one my radar out of these is Resident Evil. I wish we had at least gotten vague release dates for Animal Crossing, Paper Mario and Luigi's Mansion 2.

NiaLovesNinty

NiaLovesNinty said:

Looking forward to Tekken, Kid Icarus, Heroes of Ruin, Mutant Mudds, Rolling Western, Paper Mario, Monster Hunter 4, and I'm sure I'm missing others. The 3DS is on a roll. :)

Also, the guy in that photo is super cute.

Dodger

Dodger said:

Sweet, I was thinking of getting the Wii version of Rayman Origins but I might wait and see if the 3DS version is any good.

I was hoping that Animal Crossing and Paper Mario would be announced (and they still might be) but I didn't expect it. Gamestop predicted August of 2011. Judging by what I've seen, I would expect they will be Summer of 2012 games. Animal Crossing looks complete but it is a very text heavy game and that will take a while to translate. Paper Mario doesn't look complete to me judging by the trailers I've seen and Paper Mario will also need to be translated. Maybe they are already ready and translated but I still think it will take a while. MK 7 is going to have to last me a while because there isn't much coming out in the spring.

shoopdawoop70

shoopdawoop70 said:

I'm getting Rayman for Wii. I'll get this one if it gets a 9 out of 10 (or better) and it has multiplayer.

@19 it was practically announced a month or two ago...

lol only 4 are shovelware

GamerZack87

GamerZack87 said:

In the picture, is that guy using a 3DS with a new colour? :O
That definitely isn't Aqua Blue, that's for sure...

StarDust4Ever

StarDust4Ever said:

I could have sworn Paper Mario and Luigi's Mansion were coming in January. Come to think about it, I don't recall seeing any 1st party titles on the list. :|

kyuubikid213

kyuubikid213 said:

AWW! I thought Kid Icarus was coming out on my birthday...Ah well...that leaves room for a game that is already out that I want.

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

Tekken and Kid Icarus for me, Revelations is a maybe right now. And I will get the Jak and Daxter collection in February.

Luigi's Mansion will still take some time I see.

Kitty_hime1

Kitty_hime1 said:

i heard they were making an anime of kid icarus for nintendo video i hope that's not just in japan (im still jealous of how the british got shaun the sheep on nintendo video T.T)

NintyMan

NintyMan said:

Paper Mario and Luigi's Mansion 2 won't release until at least April or May. Mario Tennis and Kingdom Hearts will definitely be in summer.

Out of that list, Tekken and Kid Icarus will be all I'm getting.

moomoo

moomoo said:

Sweet! Resident Evil, Tales of the Abyss, and Tekken all in the same month. looks for money

Pixel-Perfect

Pixel-Perfect said:

Anyways there's no must have title for me in there. Revelations and Icarus are maybes, Abyss is an eventually. :P

neetyneety

neetyneety said:

lots of lovin' in February, eh? hopefully all these games will help me pass my loneliness :D

Jack_Glenn

Jack_Glenn said:

I'm guessing that Animal Crossing will be formally announced (with a real name) at E3 2012, and will carry a Holiday 2012 release date. A release before then is just unrealistic; a game like this takes a lot of work.

she_gamer

she_gamer said:

Slight disappointment at not seeing Paper Mario, but I'll live. I want it to be good, not rushed.

brandonbwii

brandonbwii said:

I have to disagree with James line about Animal Crossing and such because this likely IS the complete list of 1st party titles.

Now games like Heroes of Ruin still have a chance to release in Q1, though.