Xenoblade Chronicles Heading to Europe This Year

Posted by James Newton

At long last!

Fans of Japanese RPGs have been gazing longingly at Xenoblade for a long time now, but those soppy eyes are about to cheer up as Nintendo of Europe announces the game will find release there under the name Xenoblade Chronicles.

Featuring new English voiceovers as well as the original Japanese actors, the game will also include English, French, Italian, German and Spanish subtitles.

The announcement pegs the game for a release in 2011. Are you excited?

XENOBLADE CHRONICLES TO REACH EUROPE

Nintendo of Europe can confirm that it will be bringing the epic RPG, Xenoblade Chronicles to Europe for Wii. The title, already launched in Japan, brings to life a universe where two worlds called Bionis and Mechonis fight a war that knows no end.

Join the battle for Bionis to repel the invasion of a terrifying mechanical army and uncover the secrets of a mystical sword called the Monado.

Xenoblade Chronicles will be launching later this year for Wii featuring both English and Japanese voice-overs and will be fully subtitled in English, French, Italian, German and Spanish. Keep checking http://xenoblade.nintendo.co.uk for further information on this epic new adventure for Wii.

citizenerased

citizenerased said:

This got some really raving reviews, cannot wait. A few more announcements and I'll forget all about how poor the first 6 months of 2011 are turning out to be for Wii, Nintendo ;)

Portista

Portista said:

If Nintendo brings this to NA, I will buy this for all my friends! This look and is SO COOL! >O<

Hardy83

Hardy83 said:

Of course it'll make it to NA. Nintendo isn't coming out with a new console so they need to milk the Wii. What's easier than just porting over existing games.

Iwata already stated they they will prolong the Wii in markets by porting games that never made it over. Like this game and Last Story as well as many others.

XCWarrior

XCWarrior said:

America. Please for the love of all things video games, bring it to America. But congrats EU, you got something special.

6ch6ris6

6ch6ris6 said:

yeah nice to bad i just sold my wii to get the 3DS. nintendo why not a bit earlier?

anyway 3ds rocks so i dont care any longer

motang

motang said:

Wow that's cool! I hope the US will get it also as I am interested in this game, as well as Last Story.

Malkeor

Malkeor said:

This is pretty great! I envy you guys.
Hopefully something will be announced about NA soon.

Stine

Stine said:

Seriously? :O It's not April Fools yet, is it? Now, bring over The Last Story within a year or two, and the Wii will probably have some reeeally happy RPG fans.

siavm

siavm said:

This better come here. Since nothing else is getting released besides zelda. I like my 3ds and the games coming for it but I would like to play some new games on my wii.

cyrus_zuo

cyrus_zuo said:

Happy day...will be happier when announced by NOA!
I will definitely pick this up if it comes to the states.

Of course I said the same thing about Disaster: Day of Crisis, Last Window: Secret of Cape West, and Trace Memory R, and despite Nintendo of America needing to do nothing more than put those games in boxes, they still didn't make it out on these shores :(.

Happy for Europe.
Hopeful for America.

Lotice-Paladin

Lotice-Paladin said:

Is it me or is Sephiroph in one of the screens. 0_o

Good news for Europeans...you better buy it now that you whined so much. ;)

Incognito_D

Incognito_D said:

I'm not a big RPG fan but it's still nice to see that an obviously good-quality game is going to be available to more people

@Cyrus the DS is region-free so at last you could just import Last Window

J-Forest-Esq

J-Forest-Esq said:

I'd only really heard of Xenoblade in passing, and after a little bit of research on my part, I'm now jolly excited.

Achicaru

Achicaru said:

YES! ive been waiting too long for this! all we need now is an announcement for the last story...

WaLzgiStaff

WaLzgi said:

I imagine the release date for the Last Story will be a big e3 announcement ;)

SamIAm69

SamIAm69 said:

This post honestly makes me want to Kill myself, but at the same time I have hope. This game better come to the US....

Sean_Aaron

Sean_Aaron said:

Very cool. Definitely going to pick this up. I also second or third the call for The Last Story. Oh and NoE, while we're at it, how about Excite Bots, eh?

1080ike

1080ike said:

This, along with Zelda and Last Story (if it comes out of Japan (which is fairly likely)), will be the Wii's swansong. Which means that they will be very good at minimum, if not some of the best games on the system.

Marvelousmoo

Marvelousmoo said:

Okay, you're almost there. Just one more step now. Hey, you don't even have to be retranslated; you're already in English now. Just one more step and you'll bring a whole new genre onto the Wii--one many have been waiting for for a long time.

AVahne

AVahne said:

Come on, almost here baby, GET YOUR ASS OVER HERE. (Please Excuse my language.)

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

YES! :D FINALLY! I've been waiting what seems forever since they announced first announced this game & then finally revealed wtf it was 3 weeks before it's Japan release. CAN'T WAIT! :D:D:D:D

Wheels2050

Wheels2050 said:

This makes me a VERY happy person! That's awesome news - I've been waiting for this for ages! :D

kdognumba1

kdognumba1 said:

Either this is a really cruel April Fools joke or this is some of the best news Wii has gotten in a long time. Now only if it gets a NA release confirmation...

MeloMan

MeloMan said:

I knew it was only a matter of time, how could they NOT bring this further west? I just need "Last Story comes west" news and I'll be all set.

spizzamarozzi

spizzamarozzi said:

Excellent news. Xenoblade, The Conduit 2, The Grinder, Dragon Quest X, the new Kirby and of course the new Zelda, and this is just the pre-E3 stuff. The future looks suddenly bright again!!