Put Your Mario Party Hats On This Monday, North America

Posted by James Newton

Get in the festive spirit

Europe is set to receive Mario Party 2 on Christmas Eve but North American Wii owners can sneak in there just a little quicker, as the game is released in the Wii Shop Channel on Monday December 20th.

The official Nintendo America Twitter spread the good news today, making the decision of whether to grab a new Wii Points card this weekend just a little easier.

Will you be hosting your own Mario Party on Monday?

[via twitter.com]

The_Fox

The_Fox said:

Lame. Good that it's coming out, as there are a number of people that looking forward to it. (for some reason)

Kevin

Kevin said:

Hope other VC games are coming out besides Mario Party. Can care less about the game.

Yellowtails

Yellowtails said:

YES! I knew it will be released on the 20th! I can't wait!! Now if only I could get a wii points card, It would be great! Thank you once again Nintendo!

Crouteru

Crouteru said:

I think Mario Party 2 is the best of the 8. They started getting repetative from 3 onwards.

Scottie

Scottie said:

Not downloading Xmas Eve, where is Yoshi's Island instead (Super Mario World 2)? Hope the EU get another big and better release for the VC on the 24th.

Link79

Link79 said:

Is this game still fun for someone playing alone? I don't have alot of people who'd be coming over to play it. I would like to try it out though but don't want it to be a waste.

zionich

zionich said:

It could be me, but isnt this just like releasing a previous Madden game and saying Merry Christmas??

WanderFan91

WanderFan91 said:

Nice. I remember having lots of fun when I played Mario Party 2 with my cousins several years ago.

Aenaida

Aenaida said:

It's one of the better Mario Party games, IMO, but I already own an original cartridge.

Scarhino89

Scarhino89 said:

Dear Americans, I'm very happy for you :D Us Europeans, we shall wait four days later :) Good game! ;)

GamerZack87

GamerZack87 said:

Looks like we'll all be having a little (Mario) Party on Christmas Day then! :D
Well, those of us who actually LIKE Mario Party, that is...
Look, MarioPartyFan! Everybody has a Mario Party game on WiiViiCii at last!

DestinyMan

DestinyMan said:

It's cool that this game is out on VC, but they should have 1 and 3 available as well, especially 3 since I never owned that one.

WanderFan91

WanderFan91 said:

@Cheezy - the first game had some mini games that would give you blisters apparently. I don't remember ever getting blisters from playing the first game, although that's probably because I haven't played the first game in forever.

irken004

irken004 said:

Great, I should be getting some Nintendo Points for Christmas, so I'll probably buy this.

childofacid

childofacid said:

@42 I think hes talking about the "console" Mario Party's not including e-reader, game boy advance and DS.

Twilight_Crow

Twilight_Crow said:

I seriously can live without Mario Party I have every single of them (yep there are 10) only for collection propouses, but is nice all of those who want it are going to get it.

WARNING: DO NOT get it for playing SOLO under any circumstances!!!

Aviator

Aviator said:

@TC why not. I generally play all mario parties by myself suddup and sure they so much more fun with your friends, but they can be fun singleplayer wise aswell.

cheetahman91

cheetahman91 said:

Already have the cartridge so I'll pass. Hopefully they'll release Super Bonk next week or the week after.

Stuffgamer1

Stuffgamer1 said:

What's this? NoA announcing a VC game before the day of release? :O

I'm not too sure they'd want to release TOO many Mario Parties on VC because they might fear it'd over saturate with similar titles (not that this fact stops everyone...). It seems to me Hudson cares about that, though, seeing as they STILL haven't released the majority of the Bomberman games yet either (I want Super Bomberman 2, dang it!)...and they're heavily involved in this series, yes? I suspect they decided that 2 was the most desired choice and went with it as a result. Which is fine with me, 'cause it's my favorite.:D

RedYoshi999

RedYoshi999 said:

I'm glad everyone can enjoy this game for Christmas. I hope they don't stop there though because I would really love to see 1 and 3 on VC. 3 especially because its my favourite out of the whole series :)

Valley209BOY

Valley209BOY said:

Yes!!! =) I grew up with this game and their finally putting it for the Nintendo Wii .. I wonder if their gonna put Mario Party 1 and 3? And they should be releasing more games for the Nintendo 64 then the other consoles

y2josh

y2josh said:

@Aviator: From what I recall, it is only competitive mini-games. I was an only child and had no one to play with, so this game sucked big time.

Percentful

Percentful said:

Awesome! I already have the cartridge, but I'll get this too. My N64 is working very well anymore.

GammaGames

GammaGames said:

I loved that game, played it at my friends house. I guess I know what ill get when i get my points card this christmas :P This or Toribash

WolfLink22

WolfLink22 said:

I stopped caring so much about VC releases after i got SSB and SMK. So if Clayfighter 63 and 1/3 no matter the version comes out or we get other games i least expected but wanted like the original Batman or something like that then all i will be doing is getting games that i held on until after the 2 major games i wanted released. So far i have the other Mega Man titles and Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1. So next well who knows.

MeloMan

MeloMan said:

Meh, I've played all the Mario Parties with my friends the first go around, so I'm good. The biggest VC game I'm looking forward to is still Faxanadu and 1942 (and hopefully '43 will come). Other than that, if the big N would let Nnooo drop their myDiary on America I can sleep in peace.

zonic505

zonic505 said:

I remember playing this w/ my friend at his house. Fun times.

I wonder if the 3rd game will ever be added. I'm sure the 1st never will due to the blisters & stuff it caused from people rotating the control stick w/ the palm of their hands (I still have the Nintendo Power issues that have the warnings & even the phone number to call for special gloves).

retro_player_22

retro_player_22 said:

What's this, Mario Party 2? But I want Lufia and the Fortress of Doom to be release on Dec. 20th, not MP2. I already got Mario Party 8 for all the party craze ppl already.

Capt_N

Capt_N said:

Sweet! Awesome, & a 1/2! :)

If I don't come back to Nlife until New Year, Merry Christmas Everybody! Jesus Christ is the reason for the season.

& of course, cold weather potentially makes for a cooler temperature consol, & thus, longer play/game time.

Bass_X0

Bass_X0 said:

I thought the reason for the season was winter solstice and that Jesus was actually born around March time.

turtlelink

turtlelink said:

And they decided to celebrate his birthday on the 25th like the Northern Europeans do around the winter solstice.