After a wait of over two and a half months, Nintendo finally gave us a fresh Nintendo Direct in which to indulge ourselves. It was interesting for a variety of reasons, not least the fact that its focus in large segments - particularly the opening and finale - was on DLC for existing blockbusters. There were some new games, however, along with enticing reveals that added a little extra to key upcoming titles.
Beyond the retail scene, Nintendo also gave fans some Virtual Console news they'd been clamouring for, with N64 and DS games coming to the Wii U in full force - nothing exciting for the 3DS Virtual Console, unfortunately. There was more free to play Pokemon to chew over, while there was all sorts of amiibo news - more Smash Bros. waves, Splatoon figures and simply gorgeous Yoshi's Woolly World knitted toys. A Wii U project that we thought was potentially dead also made a surprise appearance.
We'll be digging into all of this in an editorial later today, but until then we thought we'd provide the usual summary article that brings all of our news posts into one place. With some of the big news now off the front page, this is your handy one-stop-shop to catch up on our coverage during and after the broadcasts.
- Nintendo 64 and DS Games Available on the Wii U Virtual Console, Right Now
- Free Mario Kart 8 Update Introduces Super-Fast 200cc Mode
- Mario Kart 8 X Animal Crossing DLC Due in April, More amiibo Compatibility Announced
- Introducing amiibo Tap, a quirky free demo service utilising the NFC toys
- Wii U Horror Title Fatal Frame Heading to the West in 2015
- Mario Maker Confirmed for September Arrival as Part of Mario 30th Anniversary Celebrations
- Yoshi's Woolly World Release and amiibo Details Confirmed, Special Knitted amiibo Figures
- Splatoon Release Date, Modes and amiibo Details Splat Into View
- Pandora's Tower and Sin & Punishment 2 Hitting the Wii U eShop in Europe This Month
- The Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem Crossover for Wii U is Finally Shown, Due 2016
- Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer Arriving on 3DS With amiibo Cards and NFC Reader
- The New Fire Emblem on 3DS Will Feature Two Distinct Sides That Affect Gameplay
- Code Name S.T.E.A.M. Update Will Speed Up AI Moves, More Marth amiibo Stock Coming
- Pokemon Rumble World Confirmed for Next Week, Free-to-Play with Microtransactions
- Attack on Titan: Humanity in Chains Arriving as 3DS eShop Exclusive, Anime Episodes Available
- BOXBOY! Available to Download on 2nd April
- New StreetPass Mii Plaza DLC Games and Premium Mode on the Way
Wii U & 3DS
- Mewtwo and Lucas Fighter Details Revealed, Along With Update 1.0.6, Extra Features and Mii Outfit DLC
- More Super Smash Bros. amiibo Waves Confirmed, Fighter Ballot Launched for Future DLC
- Nintendo Shows Off More Wii U and 3DS eShop Games, With Some Cross Buy and Free Game Promotions
Nintendo Direct Broadcasts
There you have it - what did you think of these Nintendo Direct broadcasts?