Civilization VI, a turn-based strategy game developed by Firaxis Games, will be available on Nintendo Switch this November, it has been confirmed.
Civilization is a turn-based strategy series which has typically seen releases on PC over the years, with the occasional title finding its way to a Nintendo platform in the process such as Civilization Revolution on Nintendo DS. This latest entry to the franchise sees you build an empire to stand the test of time; you'll be exploring a new land, researching technology, conquering your enemies, and going head-to-head with history’s most renowned leaders as you attempt to build the greatest civilization the world has ever known.
Sid Meier's Civilization VI - to give it its full title - will include the latest game updates and improvements on Switch, as well as four pieces of additional content which adds four new civilisations, leaders, and scenarios. These are the Vikings Scenario Pack, the Poland Civilization & Scenario Pack, the Australia Civilization & Scenario Pack, and the Persia and Macedon Civilization & Scenario Pack.
We hope you like your game feature lists because we've got a pretty hefty one for you today courtesy of the game's website. Here are some of the things you can expect to get up to in the game:
- PLAY YOUR WAY: The path to victory is the one you determine. Become the most scientifically advanced civilization, dominate through sheer military power, or become the foremost destination for the cultural arts.
- THE WORLD’S GREATEST LEADERS: Play as one of 24 different leaders from various countries around the world and throughout history. Build an empire of lucrative trade routes with Cleopatra of Egypt, flex the military might of your legions with Trajan of Rome, or develop a powerhouse of culture with Hojo Tokimune of Japan. Each of the leaders can be played any way you prefer, with unique abilities, units, and infrastructure in their quest for victory.
- EXPANSIVE EMPIRES: See the marvels of your empire spread across the map. Settle in uncharted lands, improve your surroundings, build new districts, and see your cities – and your civilization – prosper.
- ACTIVE RESEARCH: Unlock boosts that speed your civilization’s progress through history. To advance more quickly, use your units to actively explore, develop your environment, and discover new cultures.
-DYNAMIC DIPLOMACY: Interactions with other civilizations change over the course of the game, from primitive first interactions where conflict is a fact of life, to late game alliances and negotiations.
- EXCITING AND UNIQUE SCENARIOS: Civilization VI for Nintendo Switch includes four playable scenarios, each with a different setting and style of gameplay inspired by history. Be part of the colonization of Australia in “Outback Tycoon,” defend Poland from invaders in “Jadwiga’s Legacy”, choose a Viking leader to plunder Europe in “Vikings, Raiders, and Traders!”, or conquer the known world in the “Conquests of Alexander.”
- COOPERATIVE AND COMPETITIVE MULTIPLAYER: Up to 4 players can cooperate or compete for supremacy via a wireless LAN.
Civilization VI will find its new home on Switch on 16th November.
Feel free to share your thoughts on this one with us in the comments. Have you played any games from the Civilization series before?