Video: The Latest Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Trailer is Serene and Gorgeous

Posted by Karen Halloran

Take a break from the bloodshed

Capcom has released a new trailer for Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate featuring the Song of the Cornerstone, presented by a ghostly wyverian singer. In contrast to Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate's elder dragon fight and port background hit Ode to Life, the new song has a more relaxing melody than its predecessor — although the kids still say it has a good beat and you can stab to it.

The Song of the Cornerstone's visuals also reflect a more philosophical view than its predecessor, with shots of the cosmos and scenes of monsters and hunters suddenly appearing and disappearing from the landscape in a spray of particle effects:

Is this new trailer whetting your appetite for a renewed hunt, or is the more mellow tone soothing the savage beast? Let us know in the comments!

Kaze_Memaryu

Kaze_Memaryu said:

It's a nice song, but after hundreds of Ceadeus hunts I've kinda grown tired of these kinds of tunes.

@Warruz I'll second that.

BakaKnight

BakaKnight said:

Music is not a problem, played a lot in local without the sound for save the batteries life XD
Still epic music, and lots of well know faces in the trailer, I can't believe Rathians are not extincted yet >.>;

hcfwesker

hcfwesker said:

The problem is the VIDEO ADS on this site, over to the right. Here I am watching this video, then blaring in the background is flashback videos of justin timberlake and watch mojo ads, toothpaste challenge swap, and junk ... then my browser freezes. This is getting old nintendo life

PvtOttobot

PvtOttobot said:

That moment when you beat ceadeus offline and you return home and that original music plays... nostalgasm

PvtOttobot

PvtOttobot said:

Dangit! I thought it said "The Latest Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Trailer and Screens are Gorgeous" cries I want some screens D':

midnafanboy

midnafanboy said:

I think i can forgive capcom for treating the wiiu like crap with the resident evil remake incident, with this trailer and game.That i'm very looking forward to next year.

shigulicious

shigulicious said:

@erv We need to start a campaign to bring this to the WiiU. I just can't see myself playing this for hundreds of hours on my 3ds. There is a great demand for it to be imported/enhanced to the WiiU. Also, they could use more games in their library. Let's do this! Understood!

midnafanboy

midnafanboy said:

@shigulicious It would be awesome to have this on the wiiu, the online would be so much better on it,but i'm not saying online wont be good on the 3ds though.

midnafanboy

midnafanboy said:

@linksmashmajora If they make a wiiu version of this, and they add the feature the third one had, where you can connect and play with 3ds players.I will buy both version in a blink of an eye.

TheWindWaker

TheWindWaker said:

I've never played a Monster Hunter and after watching that, I still have no idea what it is about. I'm thinking a realistic pokemon?

Also... @hcfwesker you are so right! I disabled adblocker to support the site, but I'm glad I'm not the only one seeing JT over there. I'm thinking, "What did I do to deserve this?"

Bizzyb

Bizzyb said:

I know it's not right but all I could think while watching this was "why isn't this on Wii U again?" Ha, I'll still pick it up though, and at least it will be online this time!

redivgamer90

redivgamer90 said:

Golden rathian and Silver rathalos quest confirmed YES!!! Who cares if there is no Wii u version. As long as we get a great Monster Hunter game I would be more than happy!

HappyHappyist

HappyHappyist said:

I was one who loved the Ceadeus battle theme, so I think the song in this was pretty cool. A nice peaceful song, as opposed to a battle theme, in the same style.
I've heard that this game is a bit more story-heavy compared to the other games. I just hope it doesn't take too long for the game to start. mh3u has an unskippable tutorial, which bugs the poop out of me because it makes the game a pain to replay.

tj3dsXL

tj3dsXL said:

Pro pad "yup yup yup"!! i listen to drum & bass w/this game "yup yup yup"

Iggly

Iggly said:

Man that trailer was beautiful, it's both amazing to listen to and watch. I wish 2015 can get here sooner. I might wanna buy a 2DS for MH4U since its shoulder buttons feel like the Gamepad, and due to the fact my 3DS isn't really in the best condition.

ModestFan93

ModestFan93 said:

@TheWindWaker Not even close you can't train and use the monsters you capture. It's more like hunting and using the monsters you kill to make weapon and armor sets to show off to your friends. It's an extremely addicting game that will suck hours outta you if you attempt to 100% or even just complete the game itself.

Mega719

Mega719 said:

This trailer doesn't even explain anything about the game for people just hearing about it for the first time. The fights only appear for seconds. Why is it taking a year just for localization? And why not Wii U? It's not deserving of that name if it's not a remake on a different system

ollietaro

ollietaro said:

@Iggly 2DS would be fine but honestly MH3U really shines in 3D so I can't wait to turn the 3D switch up to the max for this game.

Tsurii897

Tsurii897 said:

@Mega719 you obviously have no idea what you're talking, so...just stop. The trailer wasn't even made to show you how the game plays. Heck. It's not even been intended for the western audience