CoroCoro Magazine Shows the Pokédex and More for Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

So many forms of Pikachu, and Amie returns

Following the recent CoroCoro reveal of Mega Megagross for Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire, more scans from the magazine have emerged with some additional details and images.

First of all, above, we have the Game Boy Advance-inspired Pokédex, which has a rather charming aesthetic; also of note is that the magazine confirms the return of the Amie feature, in which you feed and care for your 'mon. The other scans (below) show various aspects — there's one with Brawly, and we also have multiple Pikachu variations, as explained by Serebii.

We now have more images from John Lenoso which show various forms of Pikachu which appear to be related to the contests. Madam Pikachu & Hard Rock Pikachu on the first image, and Idol Pikachu, Doctor Pikachu and Masked Pikachu on the second.

Do you like the look of the Pokédex, and are you glad that the Amie feature will be included? Let us know in the comments below.

[via serebii.net]

Blast

Blast said:

Pokemon: Fanservice. Lol dressing up Pichu in all those adorable costumes...

Naoiko

Naoiko said:

OK that is weird that its basically a pikachu cosplay session..but man oh man that is adorable!!!!!!!

TheClockworkB

TheClockworkB said:

That last scan made me laugh. Thats definitely Brawly there. His design is kinda funny and pretty different from the one I remember.Loving the Gameboy Advance inspired pokedex which is great throwback since R&S appeared on it(though I did own a SP).

Really looking forward to the Gym leaders redesign.

darkswabber

darkswabber said:

@TwilightV becease apperantly only woman like clothing and like to dress up XD
I wouldn't be suprised if dressing up a pikachu is only available with female pikachu.

Morpheel

Morpheel said:

@Interneto yes they do, not a perfect hearth but their tail is shaped like that. It is probably a special pikachu though, but it's certainly female.

About its gender, if it is one special pikachu and not a global pikachu thing, my guess is that shes female to avoid "pika cross-dressing"

Retro_on_theGo

Retro_on_theGo said:

You can dress up pokemon in amie! The Pokedex is a GBA! Brawly looks SICK and Roxanne managed to look even hotter. These remakes are going to be AMAZING!

xj0462

xj0462 said:

i wonder if you can customize other pokemon? or yourself like in x and y

Interneto

Interneto said:

@Morphbug What are you talking about? No, they don't. A female Pikachu doesn't have the end of her tail colored black.

That's clearly a special Pikachu.

RupeeClock

RupeeClock said:

Nice, so it's a costume for each kind of Pokémon contest, Cute, Cool, Tough, Smart and Cute.

Klinny

Klinny said:

Cute scans! I'm happy that Pokemon Amie will be included! Also I wonder if those Pikachu forms/outfits will be similar to how you could change your Furfrou's haircut? Maybe they are rewards for winning the contests? ^-^

I hope it is like Furfrou, as I would love to use my dressed-up Pikachu in battle XD

jedisquidward

jedisquidward said:

@LunaticPandora Lord forbid kids today get a share of anything. Literally everything in the gaming world is about you. THINGS WERE SO MUCH BETTER BACK THEN KIDS TODAY DONT HAVE ANYTHING

Findonovan95

Findonovan95 said:

Man, love that pokédex. Blast from the past, lol Wish it had an SP variant. XD
I probably won't make use of any of the Pikachu stuff; I never really take part in any of the contests or anything like that.

Drawdler

Drawdler said:

I'm really glad that Amie is back. I now many people thought it was a useless feature that would get dumped, but I think it's adorable.

NodesforNoids

NodesforNoids said:

Guys, I just had the craziest idea!!
Ok, so Nintendo basically revolutionized gaming by incorporating the first analog stick, first d-pad, first shoulder buttons and so on, right?
What if Nintendo were to do it.. again?
I'm talking the first combination d-pad / analog stick that actually works, eliminiating the need for both. I don't know how, but it was this crazy, what if kind of thought.
It was inspired, in no small way, by this exact post. Doesn't the d-pad area look like it could be some wacky combination of the two?? I definitely think so!

GamerZack87

GamerZack87 said:

(GASP!) :O
Hard Rock Pikachu - Cool
Madam Pikachu - Beauty
Idol Pikachu - Cute
Doctor Pikachu - Smart
Masked Pikachu - Tough
This could only mean...Pokémon Contests are back! :D

Morpheel

Morpheel said:

@Interneto i'm talking about the notch on the tail, all female pikachus have it (and it looks like the top part of a heart).

That confirms that this one is female.

Interneto

Interneto said:

@Morphbug Then why did you contradict my post? I've never said it wasn't a female Pikachu...

"A female Pikachu doesn't have a black "heart" at her tail. It's an event Pikachu for sure."

Morpheel

Morpheel said:

@Interneto mostly because I missed the part where you talked about the black heart and read it as if you said they lack the heart shaped notch.

Emaan

Emaan said:

Is that supposed to be Brawly from the Dewford Gym?

I'm loving that Ruby and Sapphire are finally being remade, but I feel like some of these character designs are a step down from the originals.

ollietaro

ollietaro said:

They couldn't figure out what else to do so they gave Pikachu some new outfits...How 'bout a huge new area like the Sevii Islands from FireRed/LeafGreen?