Everyone Was Talking About Nintendo At E3 2014
Posted by Damien McFerran
Setting social media alight
It's fair to say that Nintendo had a pretty successful E3, winning over gamers with its Digital Event, Treehouse sessions and a raft of exciting announcements. As if to illustrate this fact, social media intelligence analytics provider Crimson Hexagon has released stats which show just how much chatter Nintendo generated on the web.
Here's a neat summary, compiled by GoNintendo:
- 47% of all tweets sent out during last week's E3 expo mentioned Nintendo
- One of the most popular tweets was from Nintendo's own Twitter account — the tweet teased Shigeru Miyamoto's appearance Treehouse Live
- Another popular tweet came from @Dropkickpikachu, who tweeted: "Nintendo has just shown more playable female characters in one game preview than the other companies have all E3 so far."
- The '#Nintendo' hashtag was used 30,000 times
- #E32014 was tweeted 55,000 times
In comparison, PlayStation claimed 28 percent of the Twitter conversation, while Xbox claimed 25 percent. So in that regard, it's perfectly plausible to say that Nintendo "won" this year's E3.