Hex Heroes Hacks Up Kickstarter Goal

Posted by Tim Latshaw

Their real time strategy for funding paid off

Prismatic Games' Wii U-centric, asymmetrical, party real time strategy game Hex Heroes reached its $80,000 Kickstarter goal with less than a day to spare, bringing the world one step closer to knowing what a Wii U-centric, asymmetrical, party real time strategy game is.

Prismatic thanked backers in a quick update on their Kickstarter page, promising an "official celebration" later. The crew still has work to do in the final hours of funding, with stretch goals such as added modes and online multiplayer still possible at the $90,000 and $100,000 marks, respectively.

Hex Heroes accommodates 1-5 players. One player mans the Wii U GamePad as the leader, managing resources and giving orders, while up to 4 others share the TV as different classes of characters who fight, build, or gather on the playing field. A PC port has also been announced, but the developers have stated the Wii U will provide the optimal experience.

Hex Heroes is a fresh concept that takes advantage of the Wii U's unique multiplayer potential. It's exciting to see this game garner the support of players who want to see it come to fruition. If you've backed Hex Heroes, let us know why you did below.

[via kickstarter.com]

justlink

justlink said:

Hope it gets online multiplayer support. Also, will this game be full retail or an average indie game?

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

Proud backer here. This is the kind of games that we should see more of (and support), showing off Wii U's unique capabilities and having a Kirkhope soundtrack to listen to.

Jetset

Jetset said:

I have backed Hex Heroes. It's great to see support for the Wii U, especially a game so focused on the Wii U's unique features. Can't wait to see this game develop throughout the year.

mr_sean

mr_sean said:

Pleased to have backed it and looking forward to seeing how the game develops!

element187

element187 said:

@sinalefa couldn't agree more. The description of this game is just off the charts cool. I hope they achieve what they set out to do, and I can't wait to get some strategy like minded friends together and play

Kroisos

Kroisos said:

I backed this because it's worth it to me to help interesting games get made, and to help develop a healthy console indie market.

smikey

smikey said:

I backed it also but I must admit didn't think it was going to get there!
looking forward to it next year

Twisted fusion has made it with time to spare too (I know it's not something a lot of people are interested in but in my opinion the more games on wii u the better)

Would like to see skullforge make it but they've only got to almost 2k (need 20k) maybe now a few projects are done it will pick up.

my other backed project cult was obviously an epic failure on kick starter so unless something else really great comes up now that's my backing over for a while.

HAL9000

HAL9000 said:

Proud backer of Hex Heroes. I am so excited to get a true assymetric multiplayer experience on WiI U!

Haxonberik

Haxonberik said:

Just funded it to see if it reaches the first stretch goal, as the modes seemed to big a part of the game to not have it included.

64supermario

64supermario said:

I'm so happy to be a backer of this, it had a great little community and was a lot of fun to do a stream for Hex Heroes as well.

astroshamu

astroshamu said:

@Guitardude7 Its been planned for Wii U the whole time, the main stretch goal is for the Wii U and PC versions.

So excited! Backed it when you guys first had it on the site. I'm super hyped!

wayward

wayward said:

Backed it for a few reasons. Mainly, it's a good indicator of the Wii U's install base that an interesting concept game that utilizes the gamepad can be a success on a crowdfunding site. Also, it's amazing that it's taken this long to get a real time strategy game onto consoles; the genre has been almost entirely PC exclusives for the last 20 years.

I just hope the team can pull this off well, and that the multiplayer aspect isn't a hinderance to making this a fully realized game.

TimoteiWest

TimoteiWest said:

Backed. I want more of this asymmetry I was promised. Even something as simple as the "Pad player" being Bowser in Mario Party hasn't happened yet. An F Zero track generator where the pad allows you to draw, pull and twist a loop into shapes? I feel Wii U Battleships should exist by now also...

Anyway, backed this game because it delivers on that promise! I've grown to love RTS fantasy in recent months so this came along at exactly the right time for me.

DStroke

DStroke said:

Twisted Fusion didn't hook me that much, cause it looks like a general game, but Hex Heroes sounds awesome, I had to back it, after it was only a few thousand dollars away and also didn't think they gonna make it.
This is a game where the features of the Wii U are shown at its best, cause asynchronous gameplay is used very rare and works so fine.
It is a Wii U only experience and developer who put their heart in supporting the suffering Nintendo console, has to be supported!!!
But 2015 is sooooooo looooong, I want it now :D

Emblem

Emblem said:

So glad they made it, now I hope they can actually deliver a good game as the project is very ambitious

jariw

jariw said:

I backed this project for a couple of reasons: Grant Kirkhope doing the music was one. The party mode aspect was another reason. But most importantly, the unique gameplay idea centered around the Wii U hardware.

Games that tries to design the gameplay directly towards the Wii U like Hex Heroes, Scram Kitty & His Buddy On Rails, Affordable Space Adventures, Pikmin 3, Lego City: Undercover, etc are what I appreciate the most.

luke88

luke88 said:

@smikey 'Hover: revolt of gamers' looks great I think. Sorry to hound you but I am desperate for it to make the 100k needed for a wiiu version so I'm spreading the word. They should be paying me really.

Action51

Action51 said:

Wow thanks to all those who backed this project!

When I see some of these lofty kickstarter goals, I always hope they make their goals but prepare myself for disappointment. In the end, they are working to put out more games on platforms I enjoy so more power to them and those who help fund them!

Lobster

Lobster said:

I backed Hex Heroes at the $500 level because I was so eager to see it get made. I can't wait to start designing my monster! (I get to have my face and voice in the game too, which is pretty cool.)
Oh and they're accepting PayPal donations toward the stretch goals and Mario was saying no matter what all of them will make it into the game eventually, even if they have to be free DLC after the game is already out there.

AshFoxX

AshFoxX said:

Oh it made it! Well good on them! You know, I might actually try this out even though I don't really like RTS games.