Unepic's arrival early this year gave a solid start to the Wii U's year; we were certainly fans, awarding 8/10 in our Unepic review. A platforming RPG with doses of humour, it certainly provides an experience a little different from its contemporaries on the download store.
In good news for fans, developer Francisco Téllez de Meneses and publisher EnjoyUp Games have released a free update to improve the title. The North American version has added Italian, German and Portuguese as additional supported languages, while the European build also adds Portuguese. More importantly, some gameplay tweaks and an intriguing new item have been added; details are below.
- Zoom on TV
- Play with both Left Stick and D-PAD.
- Change language within the game.
- English Voices can be enabled in other languages.
- A new "stick and poo" wand included.
- Two new pets that can be obtained completing challenges.
Are you an Unepic player, or are you still planning to dive in? We suspect the stick and poo wand may be a temptation too far for those on the fence.