Pokémon X & Pokémon Y: Super Music Collection Now Available on iTunes

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Includes 212 tracks as promised

Way back in August we brought you the happy news of a 212 track Pokémon X & Y soundtrack to arrive after the games were released; while Japanese fans can look forward to the lovely physical release (above) on 13th November, it's now available for the rest of us to download on iTunes.

In truth, some of those tracks do boost the count while contributing less than 30 seconds of audio — some are clearly just sound effects — but no one can doubt that the collection is thorough. At over three and a half hours it represents enticing value, costing just $9.99 /€8.99 / £7.99 depending on your region.

It also has a rad name — Pokémon X & Pokémon Y: Super Music Collection. Hit up the link above or below to buy it, will you be catching this one?

[via itunes.apple.com, gonintendo.com]

Haxonberik

Haxonberik said:

Would definitely pick it if it was available physically. I think I'll just contempt with hearing the clear versions that should soon reach youtube.

Morphbug

Morphbug said:

Joskajdomrjsknfjd it comes with songs from red and blue and origins, and it's so cheap!

Gah now I need an itunes card.

suburban_sensei

suburban_sensei said:

I may have to get this, for $10, that sounds like a steal. With games and films I HATE digital, but with music, it doesn't bother me as much. Seeing as I have an iPhone it's kind of nice to just use the icloud and get my music.

Late

Late said:

I've never used iTunes before but had to get this today to show my support in Pokémon soundtracks. I would've preferred physical copy but I'm quite happy with digital too. It's better than nothing.

MasterWario

MasterWario said:

@Morpheel They have (almost?) never released their soundtracks on iTunes. How unfortunately really, because I would buy, like, all of them.

Xiao_Pai

Xiao_Pai said:

I hope the battle tracks at least loop once...heard sometimes some tracks seem to fade out at weird times...lol
Eh just checked on it and it looks like it does loop once, yay! lol
(shaddap, I love hearing the battle themes more than once before moving on. xD)

Xiao_Pai

Xiao_Pai said:

@Morpheel Yeah...I mean, just look at Dream Team's music, its pretty much amazing...but no Pokemon X/Y only, lol. If you're gonna release an awesome soundtrack, do it for all your games that have awesome music. xD

Expa0

Expa0 said:

If it was Gen 1,2 or 5 music.. maybe. But sadly Gen6's music wasn't quite up to to the standars set by the last gen.

Player4

Player4 said:

I love how every track is €0,99, even the 6 sec. ones!

I'll buy the album, loved the music in X!

FJOJR

FJOJR said:

Every video game should release an OST. Nintendo would make even more serious coins off me if they did that. Or used them as Club Nintendo awards. 5 or 10 coins a song.

EarthboundBenjy

EarthboundBenjy said:

I didn't like Gen 6's music, especially because Gen 4 and 5 had such cool music tracks. Skyarrow Bridge and Accumula town were my favourites!
With Gen 6, the music in the berry fields and Camphrier town kinda drives me crazy after a while.

GoombaJMR

GoombaJMR said:

Already in my house ^^
I live in Taiwan...so I guess I get good dibs on Japanese products~compared to American products (Which are so difficult to find xd)

Xiao_Pai

Xiao_Pai said:

...Sooo, what's up with the "Pokemon Origins" version tracks? lol
Are they just random remixes or something? Or are they music from that anime?

RaylaxStaff

Raylax said:

Nintendo's next album release should just be a 10-hour unskippable loop of Floccessy Ranch.

HopeNForever

HopeNForever said:

Oh no! Despite having iTunes Music in our region now, this collection is one of the albums that is not officially available to us! What a real shame, as I was personally so looking forward to getting this collection legitimately.

Squid

Squid said:

It sure is a lot of music for just $9.99. I've considered downloading it, but I'm not really sure if I want to download all of it when I'm not going to listen to every "song". D: Still, the price is easily worth it for the music that I will listen to.