The Wonderful 101 Update Now Available To Download

Posted by Andy Green

The Wonderful 101 ver.1.1.0

The Wonderful 101 smashed onto the scene earlier this year on Wii U and plenty of people have been enjoying the insane adventures of Wonder Red and his band of merry men and women.

However, there were a few very minor niggles with the game that needed to be fixed and Nintendo has now released a patch to make the necessary modifications.

The main issue is a bug that stops users from obtaining the Wonderful Figure No. 24. It largely depends on your progress but some people were unable to get hold of the key Wonderful member and it can't be The Wonderful 101 without every single last one of them.

It will also add improvements to the overall software usability, which is nice. We think its an excellent Wii U title as we explained in our The Wonderful 101 review.

All you need to do to install the new update is connect your lovely Wii U console to the internet, head to the main menu and launch The Wonderful 101. The update will then be downloaded and installed automatically and once complete you'll see "ver.1.1.0" displayed in the bottom right corner of the title screen.

Were you affected by the mysterious disappearance of Wonderful Figure No. 24? Share your stories of reunition below.

[via nintendo.com, twitter.com]

Kifa

Kifa said:

@WiiUExposed As far as I'm concerned Wii U should automatically update everything you have, provided that you set up appropriate options in the Configuration menu. Standby functions, to be precise. ;]

Linkstrikesback

Linkstrikesback said:

@WiiUexposed

There isn't. Wii U updates happen by checking which games you've played on the system. I wouldn't worry about it though, just start playing it normally and the wii u will download the update in the background on its own.

WiiUExposed

WiiUExposed said:

@Fingeldor I know that. I want to know if the update is available to those who haven't logged in time to the actual game.

And I just got a response from someone else.

Rezalack

Rezalack said:

This is my GOTY so far. The fighting mechanics are so refreshing and deep compared to most beat-em-ups that come out. It feels like you can discover a new tactic all the time and there is always something to learn. I'm a little more than half way through 101% Hard mode and loving every minute.. Great game.

JaxonH

JaxonH said:

@Haxonberik
You're absolutely right! Why didn't they think of this? Perhaps they might be working on a 2nd update, which would negate the issue down the line...

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

One of the few games I have recently played that is challenging and keeps throwing new things and mechanics, right down to the end. I love these kind of creative games. Definitely recommended.

Blue_Yoshi

Blue_Yoshi said:

Hmmm kinda glad I waited on this. Ultimately it might be a while before I play this game I have too much backlog to consider a difficult title like this.

RaylaxStaff

Raylax said:

@Haxonberik @JaxonH It would've been cool, but it's most likely that Nintendo has a blanket policy on the version number. The system is typically:

Version MAJOR . MINOR . PATCH
(Version 1 . 1 . 0)

Where a MAJOR update typically includes new features that break compatibility with older versions (a major update would likely require the entire game to be re-downloaded, or break your save file), MINOR updates contain new features that don't break compatibility, and PATCH is solely for fixing bugs in a MINOR update.

(Before anyone gets excited, 'new features' in this case generally refers to back-end stuff like new optimization that you never actually see, not new levels or story arcs :3)

ricklongo

ricklongo said:

Got it in the mail just today! =)

Question: is there a way to take a look at the profile for each member already in your team? I mean the little ID badge briefly exposed when you first find them, with name, city of origin, etc. I initially thought that would be the Wonderful Files, but it seems those are a different collectible altogether.

nik1470

nik1470 said:

@Raylax in my world a minor version is a version of code still in test awaiting sign off and a major version is what goes into production once signed off. I thought this was a universal thing when it came to config management. Now i know i was wrong! Thanks for your post

Rezalack

Rezalack said:

@ricklongo I'm not sure you can do that until you beat the game first, well, on normal anyway. After that there is an option at the title screen after you choose the file that you play on. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't recall ever being able to look at all the heroes until after I beat it (on Normal).

MikeLove

MikeLove said:

I love this game, but some of the action sequences are hard to follow due to the sheer amount of stuff happening on screen!

One of the most unique games I've ever played, and I've been gaming since 1988

Araknie

Araknie said:

@ricklongo You find the files in the game and you finish the game one time you can get added to the library many thing that you unlock by exploring, this in a section in the main menu.
Before finishing the game the first time you can what infos in your inventory, but it's less complete.

Souflee

Souflee said:

This is one of the best games that came out this year, period. Absolutely original, funny, and with an action pace rhythm thats mind blowing, an essential to every Wii U library

DerpSandwich

DerpSandwich said:

Is there going to be a patch making it so I can do the different morphs using a button instead of awkwardly drawing pictures? Because that's pretty much the only thing making me not love the demo right now.

WanderingPB

WanderingPB said:

@Suratis i concur this is my GOTY its amazing how even when i got the mechanics down i have to be on point or else u learn the hard way POW there goes ur pure platinum attempt! LOL

Recieving a consolation prize is the games way of seducing me to play again and again LOL!

Blast

Blast said:

Nintendo needs to readvertise this game, Lego City: Undercover and a few other Wii U titlles again like they are brand new games....

GreatPlayer

GreatPlayer said:

Good game, and I do not understand why people call this game hard. It is NOT as difficult as Onimusha 3 or Devil May Cry, once you get used to it.

I remember how crazy this game is when in the last stage...

GreatPlayer

GreatPlayer said:

I remember how crazy this game is when in the last stage...

Rezalack

Rezalack said:

@WanderingPB That moment when you thought you did amazing and you end up with bronze or even worse, consolation prize. Happens too often.. you think you did really good with combo's and don't even scratch the surface. That can be irritating sometimes, but that's all part of the challenge. This game has me really looking forward to Bayonetta 2 now, I liked the original, but I never got into like I did Wonderful 101. Platinum has my attention now.

LeVideoGamer

LeVideoGamer said:

Still waiting for a price drop. I'm not spending £35 on a game unless I'm certain I'll enjoy it (SM3DW, MK8, SSB4, X, DKCTF)

andreoni79

andreoni79 said:

I hate this game because every time I die I realize it's just my fault! ;)
I had many problems at the beginning, especially drawing the hammer, then I realized I just have to keep calm and find a safe spot to draw lines.

Buzzthebatgirl

Buzzthebatgirl said:

@ricklongo well yes and no. Yes as once you beat the game you can unlock the character gallery which has all your collected heroes stats and costumes. No as you can't get their little ID card ever again.

RaylaxStaff

Raylax said:

@Spuratis Yeah, it varies from place to place. Under this system what you're suggesting sounds like the build number which isn't generally made public (such as 1.1.0-12, where 12 is the build number). There's no one "master" versioning number system though, it depends entirely on your working environment.
Like with Firefox, they used MAJOR only for brand new versions of the browser, so we had Firefox 3.x.x for years. Then they changed the system to increment MAJOR with every release, and we've shot up to Firefox 24.0 in about 2 years :D

SneakyStyle

SneakyStyle said:

I was shocked at how fun this was when I first played it and have loved it since, hopefully more people give it a go! ^^

DarkNinja9

DarkNinja9 said:

agreed this is a must have game for wii u if you dont you really are missing out if you already have it you know just how epic it is ;) and should let others know

SphericalCrusher

SphericalCrusher said:

Did not catch this bug thankfully. I do need to get back on this game though! Maybe tonight! Wind Waker HD pulled me off and Pokemon XY kept me away...

Dreamcaster-X

Dreamcaster-X said:

The most original, bat poopiedoodlecacapoopsiedoo crazy, & fun game I've played in years!! The only control issue I ever had was drawing the hammer but I figured it out. This is my game of the year so far!!
Watch the profanity please — TBD

WanderingPB

WanderingPB said:

@Spuratis again my friend we completely agree the whole games dynamics has my admiration and also my attention is focused whenever i hear about a Platinum game…while ive never played the first Bayonetta im without a doubt hyped and ready to buy Bayonetta 2! But until its release i shall wait patienty battling Ohrowchee for the gazillionth time because its simply the most Epic boss that i love replaying daily