Extra Pre-Order DLC Available for Sonic Lost World on Wii U

Posted by Tim Latshaw

Bonuses for UK and North America

Is Sonic Lost World’s Deadly Six Edition not quite enough incentive for you to plunk down for a pre-order, or are you just always on the lookout for more stuff? Depending on where you go, you can get some extra in-game goodies on top of the extra NiGHTS-inspired play.

For UK consumers, ShopTo is offering codes for a gold-plated Omochao RC Gadget, which can be used in co-op play to help Sonic gather rings, and five Black Bomb Colour Powers. US GameStop customers can also receive an Omochao RC Gadget, but this one is decked out in a somewhat creepier Sonic getup.

If you go through Amazon.com, you can receive a code for… 25 extra lives. Don’t spend them all in one stage? And if you pre-order through EBGames in Canada, you can get the Sonic-cosplaying Omochao plus the extra lives.

Do any of these add-ons push you closer toward pre-ordering Sonic Lost World, or shuffle your existing pre-order to a new store? Let us know.

[via sonicretro.org, sonicstadium.org]

TimLatshawAdmin

TimLatshaw said:

@mariobro4 How could I not? It's such a fascinating ball of creepy, funny and stupid lore all rolled up and tied with a bow by the Internet.

ueI

ueI said:

North Americans can't get a gold omochao, UK doesn't get a sonic omochao, and non preorders miss out on an entire stage? I hate it when they keep stuff from us like this! Do other regions even get anything?

SheldonRandoms

SheldonRandoms said:

If the Amazon code was to get 25 lives every time you enter a secret code (sorta like the Konami code), then that would be worth it, already preordered at Gamestop, so looks like Sonic dol.......I mean Omochao RC Gadget is for me then.

JustinH

JustinH said:

Awesome! Looks like I'm getting that creepy Sonic chao, and also the pointless extra lives.

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

@ClassicSonicFan It says at the bottom of the article where they found this info from: "[via sonicretro.org, sonicstadium.org]"

As for the article, I'm glad the shop specific DLC is just support DLC & nothing more than that. The Deadly Six Edition is awesome as it is that I don't feel bad for missing out on this other DLC :D

rjejr

rjejr said:

Anybody's else's Wii U doing a 648mb DL that says "system update"? (8PM NY time)

I know the new update is due but my Wii U is acting weird and I think that's the size of the 1st update.

unrandomsam

unrandomsam said:

They should just included the extra stuff on the disk having a single use code is a scam.

TruenoGT

TruenoGT said:

@rjejr I just manually checked for updates and the system appears to be downloading something substantial (55 minutes remaining), I had been updated to the latest version as of the weekend, so I don't think it's just you! Hmmmmm.....

Gioku

Gioku said:

+25 lives... dumbest preorder bonus ever, as far as I'm concerned... >_>

Einherjar

Einherjar said:

Pre-order bonuses are getting ridiculous as it is but extra lives ? Really ?
Whats next ? "Pre-Order Bonus = An E-Mail with a link to the google search results about the game"

Rogway

Rogway said:

Eh, even though Gamestop's preoder is "better," I'm still getting it on Amazon. No tax and day one shipping is much better than an omochao skin

darthllama

darthllama said:

lol an extra lives code as a preorder bonus. Unless the game is on par with Dark Souls, that has to be the most generic preorder bonus they could think of. I'll be going with Gamestop for the Sonic Doll since I want the Nights bonus DLC.

Blue_Yoshi

Blue_Yoshi said:

Ya see I hate it when they make different content for different regions because its like what if they DON'T eventually make it as DLC? Than what about all the people who didn't preorder? It makes sense to give this stuff for free to people who did preorder and than make it available as cheap DLC later on. Not only will it be fair but also will most likely be bought by people who got cheap used copies of the game as well.

elbcen

elbcen said:

As excited as I am for the game, I don't see a reason to pre-order it. I am pretty sure there will be copies left on the second and third day, and I will be able to check out reviews beforehand.
Not that I don't believe the game to live up, I just want to make sure. It does seem like an entirely different game, so there is a little room for error with the new mechanics and the level design and all.

UnseatingKDawg

UnseatingKDawg said:

I already had it pre-ordered for Wii U and 3DS. All I'm saying is this - that Sonic OmoChao better be silent as the grave.

DarkKirby

DarkKirby said:

Out Chao back in. Not just Omochao!

Also, not that it means the game is bad, but the deadly six look cartoony and nonthreatening.

themac2001

themac2001 said:

Why would anyone even want that? May aswell make Tails Doll the gadget. At least he wouldn't constantly tell me to press whatever button to jump, or that i'll die without 1 ring. JUST F*****G SHUT UP.

JaxonH

JaxonH said:

This game is going to come in as a sneak attack and wind up being one of the finest games of the year. I'm calling it now. It's because people don't expect a Sonic game to be on THAT level. But this one is, I truly believe that.

retro_player_22

retro_player_22 said:

I got this game pre-order already but I don't want any of those craps even if they give it to me for free.