Six Ubisoft Games Get a 30% Discount on the 3DS eShop

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

For one week only

Yesterday we brought the happy news that Atlus has applied discounts to various titles on the 3DS eShop in North America, and not to be left out Ubisoft has now joined in. Six retail downloads have a 30% discount from 20th - 27th August, and the offer appears to be covering both North America and Europe. Below are the games and their prices in US Dollars and UK Pound Sterling — if we get the Euro prices, we'll update accordingly.

Rayman Origins — $21 / £17.99 / €19.99
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars 3D — $21 / £17.99 / €19.99
Rayman 3D — $21 / not available for download in Europe
Petz Fantasy 3D — $21 / £17.99 / €19.99
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell 3D — $21 / £17.99 / €19.99
Rabbids 3D — $21 / not available for download in Europe

In various cases these titles can probably by found online or in retailers for similar or lower prices, though downloads could be a convenient option. Do you plan to pick any of these up while they're available for less?

[via neogaf.com, uk.gamespot.com]

bugaham

bugaham said:

Ghost Recon and Rayman Origins are great games, but the rest aren't anything amazing. I wish they would've discounted these games more, though, since the majority can be found for much less than $21 in the bargain bin at pretty much any retailer.

Windy

Windy said:

Good too see them discount these games that you can pick up for 12.99 to 19.99 anyway. I still have too much to play so I may pick some up later

Retro_on_theGo

Retro_on_theGo said:

None of those sales are appealing to me. They're all priced higher, still, than their retail counterpart. (This includes the Atlus game. Well, EOlV at least.)

rjejr

rjejr said:

The games may be cheaper elsewhere but its good to see Nintendo having sales. How many Wiiware games have gone on sale over the past 6 years?

FiveDigitLP

FiveDigitLP said:

@rjejr No, no! You're doing it wrong! You have to complain constantly about everything and find even the tiniest things to nitpick about!

Nightwalker

Nightwalker said:

I still don't get it why some of the games have not been released in Europe.
I try my best to understand some of Nintendo's decisions, but I really can't... :(

Azikira

Azikira said:

And yet you can go to an actual game store and pay half of that for a physical copy.

Captain_Gonru

Captain_Gonru said:

While I'm glad to see a sale, I question if they would bother if there WAS no retail option. Why would you mark something down when there is no other place to buy it?
And to add my voice, yes, buy Ghost Recon. It's a really fun game, so long as you can get past some of the stereotypical characters and, at times, cheesy dialogue.

Yasume

Yasume said:

Ghost Recon Shadow Wars was €9,99 at some point if I'm not mistaken.

hayes1516

hayes1516 said:

Of course they discount them...after I already picked the ones I wanted up at full price!

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

I really want Ghost Recon to do the save transfer with but if it was 19.99 then 30% off then I would be more inclinded to do so!

kondabasu

kondabasu said:

@Retro_on_theGo You've recently seen new copies of EOIV for less than $29.99? Would you mind telling me where? :) I think Amazon had some discounts like that a couple of months ago, but the price seems to have risen again in the meantime.

DarkCoolEdge

DarkCoolEdge said:

Ghost Recon is a great game. Anyone who likes turn based strategy should get it. The graphics are certainly not mind blowing but they do get the job done nicely.

Chris720

Chris720 said:

Uhm, those ARE the current prices for those titles on the eShop in the UK and they've been like that since they were released. Where's this discount?

Giygas_95

Giygas_95 said:

To anyone that likes Fire Emblem type games, I'd HIGHLY recommend Shadow Wars. Also, I think Splinter Cell 3D gets an unfair rap from most sites. Personally, I didn't have problems with the controls, and being mostly a single player, the lack of multi-player didn't bother me.

@Mahe I've never had any freezing issues with Ghost Recon, but I have had an issue rarely where one of my units (seems it's always the medic) gets stuck and can't be moved. It usually happens on the first mission of the last chapter: "Outside Looking in." If your medic gets stuck, you can try to finish the mission quickly enough, but it may be hard.

C-Olimar

C-Olimar said:

@Chris720 It might be applied on Thursday in Europe.
I'd consider Rayman at £12 if I had the money, but I can get the boxed version for 10. Plus, if I ever get Legends, that includes many of the levels from Origins.

Captain_Gonru

Captain_Gonru said:

@Mahe I also had no freezing issues. But, I don't know if it was region-specific thing or not. I'm in NA, and was playing a physical copy, if that makes any difference.

ToniK

ToniK said:

I got Ghost Recon for 5 euros but it's definitely worth more. One of the best 3DS games.

MegaWattsAdmin

MegaWatts said:

Those prices are pretty shocking. I picked up Shadow Wars last year for £9!

rjejr

rjejr said:

@Windy - They are keeping prices high so the $1.50 you have to pay to play them on the Wii U w/ the Gamepad looks like a bargain. I almost paid $1.50 for Super Mario World yesterday before I realized what I was doing. Though if they put something on sale on Wiiware for 200 I'll buy it.