Etrian Odyssey IV Confirmed for European Release on 30th August

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

The countdown begins

It's been a year of landmark releases from Atlus for fans of some of its most loved franchises. Just recently we've seen Shin Megami Tensei IV arrive, while earlier in the year another major release came in the form of Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan. While Atlus is often on the ball bringing these games to North America, Europe typically has to wait and hope that another publisher steps in to assist further localisation. This time around NIS America Europe is stepping into partnership with Atlus to bring Etrian Odyssey IV to the region.

After initially planning a Spring release and pushing it back to the Summer, the publisher has now confirmed that the title will arrive at physical retail and on the eShop on 30th August. It's also confirmed that a demo with two dungeons will be released this Summer before the full game arrives, which seems like an ideal way for newcomers to get familiar with the style of the first-person RPG series.

We were big fans of this one in our Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan review, awarding 9/10 and stating that "it's amazing how easy it is to lose yourself in it". Let us know if you're planning to pick it up below, while the launch trailer from the North America release gives a taste of what to expect.

DarkCoolEdge

DarkCoolEdge said:

Good news although I'm not interested in the game. Nevertheless, I'll give it a shot. If I like the demo enough I just might take the dip.

I'm much more interested on SMTIV

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

2 days before my birthday! :D Although I have so many games to get & I've not played any other EO game yet... :(

Boukman

Boukman said:

My retailer already had that date up for two months. I thought it was already well known. Weird.

ThomasBW84Admin

ThomasBW84 said:

@Boukman That is weird. Last I knew NIS had said Summer, and today issued a press release revealing the date. It's a fairly generic date (retailers often speculate the end or beginning of months) so it could be coincidental, retailers were told ages ago or maybe we missed an earlier announcement!

BriBri

BriBri said:

Amazing news! Despite the awful region-locking, NOE are really to be commended this year (strictly 3DS speaking of-course!).

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

Its a great game everyone and one of the few I actually beat this year. Clocked in over 140 hours!

Banker-Style

Banker-Style said:

Looks quite good,but I have a feeling it'll be quite hard,will deffo try the demo,but I'd rather have SMTV.

TheAdza

TheAdza said:

Glad it's on the eShop as I'm not too sure it will make it to Australia. If it is though I will definitely be supporting the local release, if not i have the European digital release as an option.

Late

Late said:

I've been waiting for this game. Unfortunately it might take me some time before I'll buy it because so many other great games are coming soon too. If it came at the same time as in America I would've probably pre-ordered it.

f_zul

f_zul said:

At last! Getting this on day 1.
Now to SMT4 release date, Atlus =D

Expa0

Expa0 said:

Have had this pre-ordered for quite a while now. Sadly Pokemon will get released very soon after so I won't have time to play it until later this year.

E: Not to mention the Soul Hackers, SMT4 and Bravery Default should come this year as well - all of which are infinetly more interesting games than Etrian Odyssey tbqh.

AJWolfTill

AJWolfTill said:

Stoked that we are getting the demo as there is no other way I would consider this game unfortunately. We'll just have to see if it can do enough to stand tall amongst the miriad of fantastice 3ds releases coming this way!

ToxieDogg

ToxieDogg said:

Had this preordered since a European release was announced, so good news :)

Now we just need an announcement about Etrian Odyssey Millenium Girl. Or some kind of way to bypass the region lock on it....

Weedy

Weedy said:

Yes, great news. Day one buy.
Hopefully NIS America Europe will do well out of it and take up SMT4 as thier next project.

Expa0

Expa0 said:

@Weedy
There's no need for that. Nintendo themselves has taken the job quite a while ago. There's no release date yet though.

Weedy

Weedy said:

@Expa0
That sounds vaguely familiar now that you mention it. Thank-you for reminding my aging mind.

Emblem

Emblem said:

@Hunter-D lol this! I can't wait, day 1 for me. I'll download on eshop if the retail doesn't come with the sound track. SMT4 won't be released until November/December then it seems since there is no way in hell they are dumb enough to release it any where near Pokemons release.

Ralizah

Ralizah said:

EOIV has some of the best music I've ever heard in a video game.

Glad to see this wonderful game is finally going to be playable for European ATLUS fans.

GamerZack7

GamerZack7 said:

So is this one coming out in Australia? My best friend is eagerly awaiting its release with anticipation. :)

WYLD-WOO

WYLD-WOO said:

NIS America Europe. Thank-you very much. Hope to see other ATLUS titles released in the same way.

oninowon

oninowon said:

You guys may get different preorder bonuses but the one we got in NA was a CD containing rough drafts of some of the music shown in the finished product. Personally I was very disappointed with the preorder bonus. There was no instruction booklet included that used to be typically packaged in the physical product. Instead the bonus is a very thin booklet of several art with the CD in it.

However, Atlus redeemed themselves with SMT IV...