Nintendo Announces "Monster Hunter: Gift & Hunt Together Promotion" For 3DS Owners

Posted by Orla Madden

The ultimate gift for Europe

One of the downsides of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate for the 3DS, compared to its Wii U compatriot, is that it doesn't feature online play. It does, however, have local multiplayer, which allows gamers to play with others who own either the handheld or Wii U version, so you're not entirely missing out on co-op in this expansive new edition to the series.

It can be hard to find someone local to play with, but Nintendo has come up with a solution to this problem. The company has announced the “Monster Hunter: Gift & Hunt Together Promotion” in Europe — if you register the 3DS version of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate through Club Nintendo before 22:59 (UK time) on 30th June, you'll be entitled to a Recommendation Code, which you can then pass along to a friend. Your friend is eligible to use this Recommendation Code if they register a Nintendo 3DS or Nintendo 3DS XL system between 23:01 (UK time) on 3rd June and 22:59 (UK time) on 31st July 2013. This code must be used before the 5th August 2013 at 22:59 (UK time) for your friend to nab a free download of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate.

If you've already registered your copy on Club Nintendo, your Recommendation Code will be available on its website from 15:00 (UK time) on the 4th June 2013; check out the promotion's official website if you want to learn more. Nintendo of America hasn't as yet announced an equivalent promotion, but we'll update you if it does.

This is the perfect opportunity for you and a pal to get your hunt on, will you be availing of this fantastic promotion? Let us know in the comment section below.

cbkummer

cbkummer said:

Why is Europe getting all these free games promotions? Bring some of that to the US, NOA!

SuperSah

SuperSah said:

This is awesome. I'm already waiting for my free Animal Crossing code.

Also, what if they've already registered their 3DS? Does this count?

Tasuki

Tasuki said:

Wow thats pretty sweet. Even if it came to NA I dont know anyone who has a 3DS besides my son and he has a copy of MHU already.

Just one question what if they already have a 3DS registered at CN. Can you still give them a code?

felix330

felix330 said:

@Tasuki I'm also wondering about that. I just asked the Nintendo email support, so I hope they will clear this up.

XCWarrior

XCWarrior said:

Would love to have this promotion here in the US. But sales aren't completely tanking here like they are in the UK. I swear the UK just doesn't like video games period based on numbers on sales charts this year.

Hunter-D

Hunter-D said:

WOW is right! Another great promotion. I would love to share my MH experience with a friend/family member.

Bulbousaur

Bulbousaur said:

Wow, guess I'm getting this as my free 'So Many Games' game! I know just the guy to give this to!

Haywired

Haywired said:

@XCWarrior
The 3DS is doing quite well in the UK these days. It's pretty much consistently the second-best-selling console on a weekly basis after the 360 now (and only by a fraction) and the big games have been getting into the top 10 all-formats chart with ease of late.

SilentHunter382

SilentHunter382 said:

Wow I just registered it last night. Awesome now I just to pick who should I give the code too.

EDIT: Ah damn all of my friend have already registered there 3ds :<

SkywardLink98

SkywardLink98 said:

Why do they need to register a new system? All my friends who are gonna buy one already have one... and I'm in the US.

invmat

invmat said:

What the... ? So it's basically this: If a friend of you has Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate on 3DS, you will be able to get the game for free when you buy a 3DS. That's still nice, but compared with the "free game promotion" from last year, this is actually an inferior version of that.

Phantom_R

Phantom_R said:

Wait, so the other person only gets the download if they haven't registered their 3DS on Club Nintendo yet? ...A lot of Nintendo's promotions... really... don't make much sense.

invmat

invmat said:

Very important detail: "Product registrations for the participation in this promotion cannot be combined with other promotions." So you can't combine this one with the "So many games" promotion (buy 3, get 1 for free).

DarkCoolEdge

DarkCoolEdge said:

Wow, these promotions are amazing but I think they are a sign of how poor are 3DS' sales in Europe :(

wober2

wober2 said:

REGGIE!!!! why you no like us?! I kind of feel like nintendo does not like americans! Europe and Japan get all nintendo love.

xerox

xerox said:

people if you haven’t a friend to give this code you could give that code to me it would be nice because here where i live i can’t buy the psychical or the digital copy of this game i would appreciate this very much..

DerpSandwich

DerpSandwich said:

I still wish they would just offer cross-play between Wii U and 3DS. I mean, it's basically standard with PS3/Vita games, and you've got to compete.

Peach64

Peach64 said:

I think people complaining about needing to register the 3DS are missing the point. They're trying to get people to buy a 3DS by offering them another free game.

Epicnessofme99

Epicnessofme99 said:

EU gets all sorts of cool stuff but then again I'm pretty sure we (in the US) get some games earlier.

Highwinter

Highwinter said:

Does everyone in America have selective amnesia? We rarely get promotions like this, we usually have to wait months for game releases, our club Nintendo is never updated and we have to pay more.

As soon as we get something remotely interesting or an early release, all the comments turn to "argh, Europe gets everything!". You guys had a free game promotion for registering a 3DS a few months back that we didn't, this is basically a much worse version of that.

Volmun

Volmun said:

OMG wow COOL! 8D only thing.... what if you have a old register'd 3DS will the code still werk?

Volmun

Volmun said:

@Highwinter yep exactly ik il probbly get hell for this but im sick of "EU/UK GETS EVERYTHING WE IN THE US GET NOTHING!!!!" i think thay need to look at what thay DO have compered to what we do not... the US has had loads of US only games yet when we get 1!!! yes count them 1!!!! game (Xenoblade Chronicals)all the's US ppl kick up one hell of a stink. "WHIY IS UK/EU GETING XENOBLADE AND US DOSENT?! WE NEVER GET ENITHING IN THE US!!" aside from LOADS of free games and Cheeper games and consoul's better pre-order bonuses more/better Colectors Editions (Look at the US CE comperd to the UK CE for LBP2 witch i might add was Made in the UK....) im going to stop there but the list is litrly never ending... i culd rant for ages on this but im just going to stop befor i say something il regret.

Morph

Morph said:

@Phantom_R it makes perfect sense really, nintendo are trying to get people to buy a 3ds there's nothing in it for them to just give the game away to ppl who already have a 3ds. I imagine they hope ppl will see their friends playing the game, their friend will then say 'hey if you buy a 3ds I can give you a code for a free copy of the game' they buy a 3ds and nintendo profits

GamerZack7

GamerZack7 said:

I may sound like a broken MP3 here but...are we, a nation governed by NOE, getting this promotion, hosted by NOE? :|

SuperSah

SuperSah said:

It says it can't be used with other promotions?

I just claimed it though and gave the code to a friend and I already completed So Many Games! With ACNL coming for free...

SuperSah

SuperSah said:

Yeah, maybe..

Oh well, I don't care! Free ACNL for me anyway.

If anyone wants MH3U for free, let me know.

BakaKnight

BakaKnight said:

Great promotion again, thanks NOE!!! ^O^

Me and my friend wanted so badly to play togheter MH3, but since I played the original on Wii I wasn't very tempted to buy the 3DS version.
Luckily I still had to register my 3DS and now me and my friend will go hunting!!!

Wish us good luck XP

JNintendo14

JNintendo14 said:

honestly i tried to when i got it the 1st day it came out but it wouldn't let me do the questions. Has anyone had this problem

Yoshi3DS

Yoshi3DS said:

if anyone has a spare i would appreciate it so much if they would give it to me...

please use the exchange thread here for requests such as this. thanks. k8smum

Gmonkworld

Gmonkworld said:

I'm just another guy asking for a free copy if anyone has one laying around. I'd be happy to trade something in Animal Crossing New Leaf or something. I know I guy who has MHU3 but he lives in the US so I don't think he will get a code... Just send me an email or reply to me, or something. :) EDIT: I've just seen I'm suppose to use the exchange thread. So I'll go do that :P

ando82

ando82 said:

Hello friends!
Anyone who still has a free code to give out? :) i recieved my brand new 3ds xl...hope to hear from a gamer :)
Andreas sweden