Frog Suit Confirmed For Super Mario 3D World

Posted by Andy Green

Mario's making a splash

Super Mario 3D World brings a new power-up to the party with the Cat Suit and it looks as though an old classic will also be available for Mario to use too.

During a presentation at E3, attended by IGN, Nintendo announced the Frog Suit would be making a comeback and it'll most likely help out in any underwater segments Mario and pals will come across.

So that's another suit confirmed for Super Mario 3D World, what others would you like to see return? Let us know in the comment section below.

[via twitter.com]

NintyMan

NintyMan said:

Finally! I've been waiting a long time for this.

How about Kuribo's Show next? Mario and Luigi were shown riding on big skis.

Adam

Adam said:

I hope you can obtain it out of water, too. I love trying to play normal levels as frog Mario.

Will-75

Will-75 said:

Now if they just added the boot from SMB3 this will be an AWESOME game , I mean Peach is a playable character so that alone warrants it's purchase as well throw in some online multiplayer and it will be a must buy for the Wii U - So looking forward to this title .

berenlazarus

berenlazarus said:

You know, Kuribo's Shoe was literally only in ONE stage in SMB3. THat was the most underused power up ever.

Still want to know the plot and see Wart, damn it!

Spanjard

Spanjard said:

I think they did well by chosing this kind of a mario game. Now sonic stands out even more. I mean cmon, we already have sonic galaxy.

MadAdam81

MadAdam81 said:

A mink suit, just to enrage PETA. Add a whole bunch of endangered animals for best effect.

bizcuthammer

bizcuthammer said:

I love the frog suit. Maybe some powerups from the galaxy games? Spring mario, cloud mario, rock mario, ice mario? Riding yoshi would also be a great thing to add. I'd like to see more new powerups, too, in this game other than just the cat suit.

miletich3

miletich3 said:

Should have brought this back a long time ago. Probably thinking of getting this game now.

AcesHigh

AcesHigh said:

Ha!!! I knew there would be more! I'm just waiting on new info on the object throwing mechanic. I think there's more to it than was demoed. Yesterday we saw a snowball tossed from one player to another. And then finally tossed at a bad guy. I think there's more to this play mechanic. Very excited to see more of this and more power-ups in the coming weeks!

Dpullam

Dpullam said:

I have been looking forward to the return of the frog suit for a very long time!

Steveovig

Steveovig said:

I like the return of the Frog Suit but I'd kill for the return of the boot thingy from Mario 3. By far, my favorite power-up ever in a Mario game even though it was barely used. There's something cute and charming about it that I love.

GamecubeMan

GamecubeMan said:

They can add every single power up the Super Mario series has ever seen. Im still not buying that piece of excrement!! :)

Yoshis_VGM

Yoshis_VGM said:

So basically these are the confirmed power-ups:

Cat Suit, Frog Suit, Tanooki Suit, Fire Flower, and Super Mushroom.

And we're only on the second day of E3? And we already know about this many power-ups?

I hope there's at least one more new one. I was kind of disappointed that New Super Mario Bros. U only had one new power-up...

GoombaJMR

GoombaJMR said:

I hope there is a hub like world in SMG, SM64, and SMS...I think it's way better for exploring, even with straight levels

WaveWarlock

WaveWarlock said:

:D This is now officially my favorite 3D Mario ever and i don't even have to play it. Toad, Princess Peach and luigi being playable characters with their SMB2 character abilities in tact(which also means you're not saving Peach for the zillionth time, can you say refreshing?), new unique bosses, transperant/clear toobular(hehe) pipes, the Cat suit, classic retro-like Mario controls all in shnazzy next gen HD Nintenpaint.

If anything, so far i'm unimpressed with most of the generic minimal-ish glorified 3D Land stages...The grass lands however look pretty nice, but everybody including moi was expecting something more, something more imaginitive than this familar hootenany. :p Hopefull the gamepad is also put to good innovative use...

DarkNinja9

DarkNinja9 said:

wow i was rly hoping a few weeks back that i would hear just something about them bringing back the frog suit and here it is :D awesome its so better then the penguin suit <.<

wasnt going to get this new mario game but hey maybe i will just add it to my list now we will see :o

gohanrage

gohanrage said:

I am going to love this if the frog suit makes Mario and the others able to swim for an unlimited amount of time. with Super Mario 64 swimming was limited. and in super Mario sunshine you had to keep getting coins to keep from dieing in water

gohanrage

gohanrage said:

One thing I just remembered was that all the Super Mario 64 powerups were temporary. at least the Hat with wings was. The Raccoon Suit, Tanooki Suit and cape didn't have a time limit

Mizzah_Tee

Mizzah_Tee said:

NO FROG SUIT IN SITE AND THE GAME COMES OUT IN A WEEK AND A HALF. There needs to be a retraction of this article...