Club Nintendo Japan Rocking Five New 3DS LL Cradle Colours

Posted by Orla Madden

Let your 3DS LL sit in style

There are some new additions in the Japanese Club Nintendo rewards catalogue in the form of five different coloured 3DS LL cradles. As you can see from the image below, club members can choose from a red, green, white, blue and yellow cradle.

Any of these colourful cradles can be redeemed for 200 points from Club Nintendo Japan.

We're sure you'd agree with us in saying these vibrant cradles would be very welcome in Western Club Nintendo stores. With 2013 being the Year of Luigi, we imagine the green option will be very popular with Japanese 3DS LL owners.

What are your thoughts on these, would you pick one up if they appeared in your region's Club Nintendo store? If so, which colour would you choose? Let us know in the comments section below.

[via club.nintendo.jp, twitter.com, famitsu.com]

FluttershyGuy

FluttershyGuy said:

I have to wonder how much Nintendo's sales would improve outside Japan if there were more things like this. You know. Things that give people outside Japan the notion that Nintendo gives half a care that they exist. ;)

3DSLUIGI

3DSLUIGI said:

Here's a thought, although I don't own a 3DS XL , it wouldn't hurt to release these different colors in the form for the regular 3DS cradles. Now, if these made it over to the US , I would choose Red & Green as my 2 choices.

yamipuff

yamipuff said:

I actually really want a Cradle for my XL. I used the cradle all the time while charging my original 3DS. However they are quite expensive so I'd totally spend my star points on a blue cradle! I have over 5000 and nothing to spend them on... I hope they release these on the European Club Nintendo

Lalivero

Lalivero said:

I'd love it if they gave others things like these to choose from, but why are they always the same boring colors? I'd snap up an orange one in a heartbeat.

JagBob-omb

JagBob-omb said:

I would LOVE to get the opportunity to buy or select one as a Cub Nintendo reward! That yellow cradle would go very well with my Pikachu 3DS XL....wishful thinking, I guess.

iphys

iphys said:

I found the original charge cradle useless. If the 3DS didn't have such a short battery life that you could get away with just setting in the cradle once a day it might be useful, but I found I always had to unplug the charger from the cradle to keep my 3DS going in play sessions, so the cradle just made extra trouble.

zipmonStaff

zipmon said:

Oh gosh yellow please!! I never would've guessed I'd miss the cradle so much after upgrading to the XL, but I really do! A few hundred CN coins would be much easier to drop on one than $25 from Nintendo's store, too ;)

WingedSnagret

WingedSnagret said:

Oh look, yet another awesome item that will never go outside Japan. I've gotten used to it by this point. I may not have an XL (as of yet), but my regular 3DS has a Power Pak+ on it, so I can't use the cradle anyway since it won't fit.

shinesprite

shinesprite said:

I don't know, some of those colours just. . .
Oh well, I'll just stick with my Aqua Blue 3DS and black cradle for now. ;)

SCAR392

SCAR392 said:

I would get a blue one. I've been wanting one of these and a Circle Pad Pro XL for a while...

DarkNinja9

DarkNinja9 said:

yeah wish i had a cradle for my XL :( but they do look like boring colors for some reason maybe not the right tone of them or something

i would so like a purple one like the 3ds type though :P

Zombie_Barioth

Zombie_Barioth said:

A bit too bright for my taste, but I have a regular 3DS so it doesn't really matter anyway. I'd be nice if made did something like this for the regular models it seem like the XL is getting most of the attention.

BakaKnight

BakaKnight said:

I would really need a XL cradle ^O^

And I think they all look nice, I really can't pick a favourite one!

Too bad that for now I can just dream, but really hope to see at least one of them reach the EU's club Nintendo one day :)

ThumperUK

ThumperUK said:

@Chrysanthemum
Knowing NoE 200 Japanese points would probably be a few thousand European points! Its unlikely they'll bother to introduce something like that to the Europe CN site though, we seem to get nothing but notepads and postit notes!

Rizsparky

Rizsparky said:

@ThumperUK I reckon they would be atleast 5000 stars, its true, we get nothing, we dont even get to spend stars on VC downloads like NoA Club Nintendo!

marakassi

marakassi said:

Looking good, nice colors. Still, I prefer to use hand grip on my 3DS XL, so i'm not interested.

omega150

omega150 said:

im currently trying to find japanese nintendo points so i can get one of these!

AENIGMA

AENIGMA said:

You can get a 3DS XL charging cradle from Nintendo's online store (for $19 US). Hope they start offering these via other Club Nintendos!!!

[edit] fixed the URL :)

NinGamer85

NinGamer85 said:

Please bring to club Nintendo NA! Need a red one formy xl. Either way cclub N needs some new items. Feel like I have everything I want already!

hydeks

hydeks said:

looks at NA Club Nintendo they get cool things like that, while we get tote bags, cards and crap....no wonder nintendo has no hope over here -_-

Arcamenel

Arcamenel said:

I'd love the yellow one for my Pikachu 3DS XL. They really need to release more accessories for the XL :l

Cygnus

Cygnus said:

I'd love to have those soundtrack CDs that club Nintendo JP has. Heck, I'd love to see ANYTHING on the club Nintendo NA that isn't the crap we have right now. Anything decent is always limited edition and gone by the time I learn of its existence.

GamerZack87

GamerZack87 said:

Charging cradles for 3DS XL aren't even available anywhere in Australia yet (seriously, Nintendo?!), so I was a little excited to see this article even though it's Japan-only right now. But once I took a closer look at the photo, I realised these cradles don't have the metallic connectors for charging the 3DS LL/XL, so I'm pretty sure that these aren't charging cradles but rather a fun novelty item for displaying the console. Having said that, if they end up bringing these to CN Australia I'd snap up the blue one if I had enough Stars.

Mikau94

Mikau94 said:

I don't use the cradle, it scratches the metal contacts inside the system and I like to play while it is charging.

EaZy_T

EaZy_T said:

I'd guess they're the charging kind because they have the little 'bump' lever on the bottom that pushes the wire contacts out of the back of the cradle.
Would totally love Club N to offer these in NA (for a reasonable amount of coins, not tooooo many ;)). I would like to get a red (or green) one for my red XL.

SCAR392

SCAR392 said:

I didn't know these were on NA Nintendo shop... I'm really considering getting one now. They're $19 + tax +shipping. I like the idea of just setting the system down and it charges, and makes it look fancy.

Sun

Sun said:

I went to a Game shop asking for a simple Circle Pad Pro XL and they did not know what was I talking about!