StreetPass Allows You to Look at a Big Mac... in 3D

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Mind-blowing excitement

Sometimes YouTube provides exciting, funny, or downright goofy Nintendo videos. We'd classify this one as bizarre, and it's just too crazy to not share.

We give you the McDonald's Big Mac StreetPass puzzle panel, which is available in Japan through Nintendo Zone. While these puzzle panels often result in neat little dioramas or basic animations, this one appears to just be a photo of a Big Mac burger. For one thing it's not even one of those impeccable images that you see on the menu, with the top half about to slide off. It's also fascinating that the 3DS owner in question was so determined to get the last puzzle piece that they spent all but their very last Play Coin to get it.

You can see the magic happen below, and wonder how amazing this must look in 3D.

Hokori

Hokori said:

I've known this for weeks, according to tsunchico they also have an airport ANA one

DeMoN-13ruce

DeMoN-13ruce said:

in the netherlands we have an mcdonalds ad about a burger and sexual sounds are added to that advertisement XD

rlly stupid>.> in my opinion

ajcismo

ajcismo said:

Still waiting for the create-your-own for sharing purposes via the streetpass.

DeMoN-13ruce

DeMoN-13ruce said:

XD @ajcismo if that tattoo = yours epic! i'm planning for an tattoo like that also:D and an metal gear solid fox logo or the outer haven logo from peace walker^^

Phle

Phle said:

Well, this is kinda strange. I'm not very into Big Mac's because I don't eat meat and they don't have a vegetarian version.

Pichuka97

Pichuka97 said:

Yeah McDonalds should look into vegetarian food to expand there customer base. I'm not a vegetarian but they should still do that. I might try one if they did. Back on topic, NOA should start giving away weird StreetPass puzzles like this.

Squashie

Squashie said:

I'm not sure how to describe the utter amount of confusion that is travelling through my head right now!

Furealz

Furealz said:

If advertising wasn't everywhere already, ugh big mac the patty and sauce is wrong. Imma' eat A &W!

Hokori

Hokori said:

Maybe we can see 3rd party puzzles next?
Give us adults some exclusive puzzles like for NMH, MadWorld, MGS, RE, and Eternal Darkness (not 3rd party but M) As for other 3rd parties Dragon Quest, Layton, Phoenix Wright, Ghost Trick, Okami, Mega Man, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Street Fighter, Epic Mickey, and castlevania maybe could work

RR529

RR529 said:

Wow! we need this in the USA ASAP!

C'mon, the Big Mac is one of the biggest and most successful images of American capitalism! I'm ashamed we don't have this yet :P

Barbiegurl777

Barbiegurl777 said:

I want a big mac puzzle too! :D

Come on NA! Release some more puzzles over here. :)

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

dizzy_boy

dizzy_boy said:

that`s false advertisement right there. since when have mcdonalds ever served a burger that looks what`s being represented in the photo?

espinozac7

espinozac7 said:

If you met a japanese person with this puzzle, could you get it from that person on an american 3DS?

Hokori

Hokori said:

@espinozac7 Sadly no, those type of things are region blocked, just like as of now you can't get ONI training and FE Awakening, but once you get ONE piece of the puzzle you can trade from other regions

Gridatttack

Gridatttack said:

No...just...no.
Plus, the image looks tasty and all, but what you get in real life is nothing compared to what you see :P

TeeJay

TeeJay said:

I thought this was talking about a different Big Mac for a second there...

Chunky_Droid

Chunky_Droid said:

I wonder if you passed someone from Japan who has it, it would appear on other region 3DSs? I've never looked into that to be honest, and you do get accomplishments for streetpassing people from other countries, so, that would be weird.....

Zach777

Zach777 said:

Stick with video games for puzzles, having non-gaming companies and their puzzles on it isn't appealing for gamers. 3rd party puzzles would be a welcome addition.

HADAA

HADAA said:

@ChunkyDroid Read HarmoKnight's post (#31). You have to get the first piece via SpotPass first (when Nintendo unlocks it in your region) to be able to receive the rest from any other region.

Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko said:

@Thomas You should mention in your article that this puzzle is only available until the 13th of this month. It's only available while the Calciobit McDonald's Cup is going on.

hydeks

hydeks said:

Kinda weird that it's a Japanese puzzle panel lol Delicious, but I prefer a WHOPPER!!!! :D

FluttershyGuy

FluttershyGuy said:

Pshaw! We need a puzzle panel here in the States of the mighty Quarter Pounder with Cheese. Or Royale with Cheese for you European folk. Of course, Big Mac's a Big Mac wherever, or Le Big Mac in Paris, EEEYUP! ;) What's a Whopper in Europe? I didn't go into a Burger King. :p

grumblegrumble

grumblegrumble said:

Oh. My. It's sad what the world has come to. Just sad.

Personally, I'd really be interested in more things to spend 'play coins' on, like add-ons to games and so forth.

StarDust4Ever

StarDust4Ever said:

Ugggg... McDonalds is disgusting. I've not eaten there in ten years. I love a nice gormett restaraunt burger as much as anyone, but those grease-dripping fast food burgers are nasty.

Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko said:

I feel kinda cheated by this article, since I've been talking about these company tie-in puzzles for weeks now in the forums.

millarrp

millarrp said:

While I don't object to more puzzles, I'm not sure if this is what I have in mind...

XCWarrior

XCWarrior said:

Though I don't want this kind of puzzle, I would like to see video game companies in America send more of these out. And well still need more people to carry around their 3DS period. Nintendo needs to do some kind of big update to further incentive for this.

ouroborous

ouroborous said:

why is anything region-locked at all anymore? via the internet everybody always knows what other countries get and always feel jipped when they don't get something the other has, especially when in alot of cases its just region-locking and nothing much else.

Drewroxsox

Drewroxsox said:

Sadly, I could see this puzzle coming to the U.S.A. There are now Plus Sizes for little kids :/ I blame the parents for letting their kids get so plump off of fast food

UnseatingKDawg

UnseatingKDawg said:

Wait, this is created customarily? Why the hell doesn't the US of A have this!?!?! Or even the UK for that matter!?!?!

Kitsune_Rei

Kitsune_Rei said:

Wow... Japan can keep this. I think I'll pass on collecting puzzle pieces for pure ads. Please let NA not follow suit with this type of thing.