North American Nintendo Direct Set for Tonight

Posted by James Newton

Nobody's left out

North America gets a Nintendo Direct presentation tonight, focusing on games for 3DS, DS and Wii.

The show kicks off tonight at 9pm Pacific time/12am Eastern time. That's the same time as Europe's Nintendo Direct.

You can watch it at the Nintendo Direct site.

[via nintendo.com]

Cipher

Cipher said:

Great, overlapping presentations. Just what we need. But I thought Japan's was an hour before Europe's?

James

James said:

Don't expect me to wake up an hour earlier to cover Japan's show.

Shworange

Shworange said:

I'll be up with our new baby anyway, so I'll definitely have it on. Come on Animal Crossing!! :)

3DS_Supporter

3DS_Supporter said:

It's gonna have release dates on Luigi's Mansion, Paper Mario, Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem plus some Details, Info on Pokemon Black and White 2, and about the Kirby Disc and maybe some other games localized.

ToadFan

ToadFan said:

12AM? I normally wake up early in the morning, so I might just wait till the morning to see the news.

Whopper744

Whopper744 said:

At midnight?! Wow. Yeah I may wait until tomorrow morning this time. Hoping for more surprises then E3 had. I think Wii is about done (except for Epic Mickey 2 for me), so I guess the 3DS is what I want to keep an eye on this time.

Gustoff

Gustoff said:

I'm staying up for it as i already usually stay up till 11:30pm anyways. I think it'll be worth it seeing that E3 showed games we had already seen besides Castlevania. I'm watching it on my Kindle Fire while in bed. :)

rjejr

rjejr said:

Honestly, I would stay up for a Wii U price and date announcement, no matter what the time, but I'm not staying up for DS, 3DS and Wii games. Tomorrow morning I'll read a summary and then decide if it's worth watching. My son is dieing for a Pokemon B/W 2 date but even if they do announce it tonight he'll probably just see it on the official Pokemon website in the morning.

randomlypikachu

randomlypikachu said:

was really hoping that next nintendo direct theyd mention two little slightly important pieces of information about the wii u >.> but i'll still watch to see if anything is mentioned about fire emblem.

bahooney

bahooney said:

Because, y'know, midnight totally makes sense for the North American one. Fer sure.

Emaan

Emaan said:

Animal Crossing and Fire Emblem, please show up at this Nintendo Direct, I've waited too long! Sincerely, wishful thinking. :*

Shworange

Shworange said:

I may be wrong, but I'm kind of expecting a fairly big announcement since the different Nintendo headquarters are coordinating announcements.

komicturtle

komicturtle said:

Crossing my fingers for Animal Crossing! Love these Direct Videos. Besides Pokemon, Last Story and Kirby for DS and Wii, I wonder what other games will be shown.

Mahra

Mahra said:

So early In the Morning It will Be 8 Am IN UAE !! But im gonna see it :)

Skotski

Skotski said:

I often wonder if Nintendo's simply trying to wean themselves off of e3.
They have been saying that they're trying to avoid Sony and Microsoft's competitive presentations... so having shows before e3 and after e3 would kind of make it like that. Nintendo presentations for those interested in just Nintendo.

AVahne

AVahne said:

I'm really hoping they make up for E3 tonight, but I'm mostly expecting to just reconfirm FE13 and then not much else. Monster Hunter would be AWESOME though.

DestinyMan

DestinyMan said:

Maybe they'll annouce firm release dates for Luigi's Mansion and Paper Mario, but I hoped they would tell the Wii U launch date and price. That must be saved for a later conference or direct. I'll go to bed and find out what happened tomorrow morning.

Drewroxsox

Drewroxsox said:

Since there will be no WiiU news, I couldn't care any less about this nintendo direct. Nintendo just loves to torture us...

Nintendo3DSLife

Nintendo3DSLife said:

Awesome,well I'll be watching it since I live at california and it starts at 9 p.m. here(of course) lol xD.I hope they will give us some info on maybe some future eshop apps and talk about more info on the future 3ds games I guess :).

TheBadGuy

TheBadGuy said:

They better announce Pandora's Tower and Fatal Frame 2 Wii Edition. And some Fire Emblem Awakening info would be much appreciated.

Shining-Void

Shining-Void said:

12...AM.They must be joking. Even though I'm on summer break now I don't want to watch it that late. You guys DO know that the stream can be watched after the initial showing. So you don't need to force yourselves to stay up late If you have a job.

Aqueous

Aqueous said:

1 AM!? Arg. That hour just to match the other ones? Insanity, though considering the amount of heat today, I may be up that late anyways waiting for things to cool off a bit

Gustoff

Gustoff said:

@Golden-Darkness
I have a job but i'm still staying up to watch. I'm feeling some news on Animal Crossing 3DS, maybe even a new game on Metroid...that there would be worth it. :)

mamp

mamp said:

My guess is we'll probably just get release dates, NOA doesn't ever do anything too special.

hydeks

hydeks said:

I'll check here tomorrow to see whats up :P Unless theres Wii U price/launch date Nintendo Direct, I'll watch that, but this I'll just look here to see whats up :P

kyuubikid213

kyuubikid213 said:

12am? Sure, why not? I can't wait to see what's coming to 3DS. I might even be interested in one of those Wii titles... :)

Kaine_Morrison

Kaine_Morrison said:

oh crap... the news report from the other day said 9pm eastern...
I can't stay up... i pass out around 10pm...

PuzzleMaster7

PuzzleMaster7 said:

Bring on the release dates for Animal Crossing, Professor Layton, and Fire Emblem. Maybe even new colors such as the Cobalt blue 3ds will be shown.

Nightsider

Nightsider said:

Animal Crossing, Monster Hunter, Fire Emblem, Super Paper Mario, New Super Mario Bros 2, Roller Coaster Tycoon 3D, AND FLIPNOTE FREAKING MEMO

JohnPhilipSousa

JohnPhilipSousa said:

Could you please do live text? I can't use my computer right now and my phone can't watch live video streams.