Nintendo Download: 3rd May 2012 (Europe)

Posted by James Newton

Virtual Console Arcade returns

In an unexpected (to say the least) twist, SEGA is bringing back Virtual Console Arcade this week with a truly classic racer. Elsewhere there's brand new DSiWare and a Game Boy Color game on 3DS too. Here's what's up this week.

Wii Virtual Console

Super Hang-On (Virtual Console Arcade, SEGA, 900pts) — The legendary racer reaches VC Arcade in Europe over 18 months after it hit Japan, but better late than never, eh? We'll have a full review soon.

3DS Virtual Console

Game & Watch Gallery 2 (Game Boy Color, Nintendo, £3.60/€4) — Another set of LCD games from the black and white era, we'll bring you a review of this compilation very soon.

DSiWare

Cat Frenzy (Teyon, 200pts) — The official description says "nothing makes a puzzle game better than cute and furry kittens." We'll see how true that is in — you guessed it — our upcoming review.

Anything for you this week, folks?

Related Games

thedanman64

thedanman64 said:

Super Hang-On! I've been waiting for that game for ages! Definitely getting that this week

BenAV

BenAV said:

Nothing for me again this week, but at least next week we'll have VVVVVV.
I wonder if the Australian eShop is going to get updated this time, as it didn't last week.

edhe

edhe said:

I'd like to say I enjoyed the bike building aspect of Super Hang-On, but Road Rash 2 & 3 had a much better upgrade system (with different bikes).

Oh how I wish I could play that game again - I guess I should buy one of the hybrid consoles and a copy of the game.

misswliu81

misswliu81 said:

i preferred hang on over road rash, although road rash was a pretty good game. back at the time when EA were a good company. sigh.

but yes, nice to see hang on on the wii V.C. :-)

jhuhn

jhuhn said:

I'm hoping a North America release will follow as well. This was a fun motorcycle ride to try out. I have the versions on SEGA Genesis & Game Boy Advance.

Jese_1

Jese_1 said:

Game & Watch Gallery 2 will be my first Game Boy Color game on the VC :) Day 1 purchase.

Donjwolf

Donjwolf said:

Not in Europe but I won't be getting G&W 2 simply because I already have 3 of the 4 games in it on DSiware.

I'd buy G&W 4 in a heartbeat though.

bonesy91

bonesy91 said:

game and watch 2? nice.

Still waiting on the G&W collection that has the Zelda game....

ogo79

ogo79 said:

well at least virtual console arcade is around, maybe it will revive...maybe

Geonjaha

Geonjaha said:

A Virtual console game? For the GBC? Thank you Nintendo. :D
Also - it's a GBC colour game for the price of a GB one!

Gavin_Rozee

Gavin_Rozee said:

Incase nobody has remembered, the day these games are available is the Gamecube's 10 year anniversary in Europe! :D

Chris720

Chris720 said:

Nothing for me at all this week... come on Nintendo, bring out some 3DSWare and some more VC games! D:

ogo79

ogo79 said:

im actually surprised the virtual console arcade made an appearance, hey sega, can we have:
Untitled
please???

GBLUIGI

GBLUIGI said:

Game & Watch Gallery 2 comes to Europe's 3DS VC huh. Wish we were that lucky over here in the US. As for Super Hang-On , I think I played that in the arcade once a long time back when I was a kid. Either it was this game or it might have been Hang-On. All in all, it's a good game to me.

Yanchamaru

Yanchamaru said:

I was more into Outrun then Super Hang-On but any new VC Arcade release is huge a positive

eleven59

eleven59 said:

Dang it, I did it again....

you can have your vvvvvvvvwhatevvvvvver.... I'd rather get all the VC/eshop classics that Nintendo seems to think the NoA doesn't want...

UnseatingKDawg

UnseatingKDawg said:

I ain't. I'm still friggin' waiting for Wario Land, Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters, and Wario Land 2. C'mon Nintendo, doesn't North America matter anymore?

supocarta

supocarta said:

would like the nes TMNT on 3d classic, people moan its to hard but i finished it when i was ten (yes when it first came out i am that old , i was there when the nes ruled the world!!!!!!!!!!!!