Mario Tennis Smashing Onto 3DS

Posted by Zach Kaplan

Confirmed at conference

We've just seen footage of a new Mario Tennis game coming to 3DS. We don't have much information on the project, but Andriasang confirms that it will support gyroscope control. You can view a screen grab to the right.

We'll have more news as it develops. Are you excited about this popular franchise making its 3D debut?

turtlelink

turtlelink said:

Hope it's being developed by Camelot.I also hope it's not a port of the GCN game, though at the same time, I hope it is :]

kkslider5552000

kkslider5552000 said:

If it's more Mario Tennis 64 or the GBA game and less Mario Power Tennis (well less anything except the minigames at least) than this will likely be a must have for me. I LOVED the N64 Mario Tennis, only behind THPS 3 and 4 as my favorite sports game ever.

Poncho

Poncho said:

Are you serious...... THIS is what they announce? Words cannot express how much I am disappoint :'(

Kagamine

Kagamine said:

@poncho and you don't think there will be more?

Anyway, i really hope camelot does it, they did a great job before. i really liked the gamecube one alot, hopefully it will be like that, but not another port exactly

Kid_A

Kid_A said:

This is fantastic news. I love me some Mario Tennis, and its about darned time we saw an update :)

SuperSonic

SuperSonic said:

Meh... ...I would like something like another Mario Sports Mix with different sports like: Tennis, Baseball, Golf, and Soccer (preferably like Strikers).

Birdman

Birdman said:

As long as those gyroscope controls can be disabled, I'm 100% sold already.

BulbasaurusRex

BulbasaurusRex said:

I've already got Mario Tennis from the Virtual Console and Wii Sports Tennis, and those are good enough for me.

19Robb92

19Robb92 said:

Pretty cool. Not all that interested though. Mario Kart is the Mario spin-off for me :)

Daisaku36

Daisaku36 said:

I'm actually kinda pumped, this will have GCN level graphics and I'll be playing on the go, hopefully they add online support and this game will be infinitely replayable....(which spell check says isn't a word).

Terave

Terave said:

This seems pretty good to me! With a online multiplayer too! Though I hope they don't make to many sports games like on the GC...

Pj1

Pj1 said:

Sounds good! I wonder when the ball comes back to you I wonder if that will be in 3D?

XD375

XD375 said:

"Are you excited about this popular franchise making its 3D debut?"

The Mario Tennis franchise made its 3D debut in 1995. ;D

LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID said:

64 is ace. GC was good. NPC wii was good but flawed. Need a revw for this one. Tend to sell on my mario sports games after playing them to death though.

iPruch

iPruch said:

I missed it for DS, but I think it fits better with 3DS, so I suppose the waiting has been worthwhile.

eviLaTtenDant

eviLaTtenDant said:

Good news. I’m anticipating it’s not a simple remake. And while sadly i doubt we’ll ever see the great RPG elements of the GB games a great online mode could make up for it. :)

DestinyMan

DestinyMan said:

That's great! I've only played Mario Power Tennis on the Wii, but I remember Mario Tennis on the N64 way back and it was really good. Hopefully this will be the same way!

eviLaTtenDant

eviLaTtenDant said:

And here's to hoping that it will have enough new content. I don't wanna see a game so light that it should have been included in a Mario Sports Mix 2. :o

KodaSmooss

KodaSmooss said:

Yeah, it could be great with an online mode and RPG elements from the first opus. With a ladder system, it could be really addictive!

NintendoN8

NintendoN8 said:

I want it. I also agree that the gyroscope should be an option. (I still haven't figured out how I'm supposed to use a gyroscope and see the game in 3D) I prefer playing in 3D to attempting to use the motion controls.

Supremeist

Supremeist said:

Mario Tennis, you never failed to disappoint me as a child. Just by looking at that single screenshot... SOLD!

Punny

Punny said:

I love Mario Tennis (pun intended)! I played Mario Power Tennis to death on my GameCube. It's nice to see a 3D one. I hope it's better than Mario's Tennis on Virtual Boy! :)

Blue_Yoshi

Blue_Yoshi said:

I loved Mario Power Tennis! I never thought I'd be into Mario sports games until I tried a demo. I was hooked wish I bought the Wii port but this is even better. A non laggy multiplayer might make this the best Mario sports game to come out. ever.