GameStop Has Tanooki Mario Keychains For Your Pre-Order

Posted by James Newton

Don't leave them hanging

Super Mario 3D Land is one of the most anticipated games of the year, but if you haven't yet got your pre-order down then GameStop is hoping to change that pretty quickly.

The retailer is offering an exclusive Tanooki Mario keychain when you pre-order and buy the game, either in-store or online. There's no image of it yet, but we suspect you can rustle up a mental image of what a Tanooki Mario keychain might look like.

Pre-order your Super Mario 3D Land with keychain, and come back later in the week for our in-depth hands-on preview of Mario's upcoming 3D escapades.

[via gamestop.com]

sillygostly

sillygostly said:

I haven't even finished Super Mario Galaxy yet, but I know I'll just plough through this. :D

TeeJay

TeeJay said:

Will we be getting this if we preordered the game before this was announced? Pretty sure this is a stupid question but I just want to be 100% sure.

19Robb92

19Robb92 said:

Well that pretty much confirms a Gamestop pre-order for me since I'm a key-chain collector.

Though, if GAME does this too I'll pre-order it there.

LeasTwanteD

LeasTwanteD said:

I'd really consider a preorder if they did the same thing here. Still a matter of how good the keychain really looks and if the game is much cheaper somewhere else.

Kage_88

Kage_88 said:

GameStop offering a Tanooki Mario keychain = The Snake offering Eve a nice juicy apple.

GameStop is the devil! Stay away foul temptress! (holds up crucifix dramatically)

StarDust4Ever

StarDust4Ever said:

This is great news! I will be heading to Gamestop ASAP to plop down my reserves for MK 7 and Mario 3D Land :D

@Kage_88: Gamestop's not the devil! Speaking of apples, I haven't had a good Caramel Appletini from AppleBees in a while. Should I take out my fiance, or my new copy of Mario 3D Land 3DS? Now that's a temptation, LOL! :P

cheapogamer4life

cheapogamer4life said:

Its seems like Gamestop is really going the extra mile to get pre-orders on this game. Not only are they doing this, but offering double reward points for all members who pay off their pre-order by Oct. 16.

HeroOfCybertron

HeroOfCybertron said:

I was eventually going to pre-order Mario 3D Land at GameStop anyway now I will make sure to pre-order the game the next time I go to GameStop.

TKOWL

TKOWL said:

I've had issues with GS preorders before, but I can't go wrong with this :)

grumblebuzzz

grumblebuzzz said:

Finally I get something for preordering a Nintendo game! Whoo hoo! The last thing I got was the Metroid Other M Art Folio which is still displayed on my entertainment center.

SuperLink

SuperLink said:

I want to see an actual picture of the keychain instead of a picture of Tanooki Mario with a metal ring pasted on top.

FluttershyGuy

FluttershyGuy said:

Me wants my own tanooki suit! Nice and warm for cold weather coming up! And I can turn to stone, so undesirables like work bosses will pass me without even noticing I'm there!

LeasTwanteD

LeasTwanteD said:

If it's just a flat one i'd prefer a sticker set since i only display these things at home. Still doubt that we'll get any preorder bonus in Germany though.

Supurge

Supurge said:

I pre-ordered Super Mario 3D Land back in March. I just hope that I can get one of these.