Super Mario Converse High-Tops Let You Jump Real High

Posted by James Newton

(May not be true)

Converse high-top sneakers are iconic. Super Mario Bros. is iconic. Combine the two, and you get an iconoblast.

These four officially licensed pairs of Mario sneakers might be a little garish for some wardrobes, but if you've ever wanted World 1-1 on your feet then they're your best hope, as long as you live in Japan or don't mind importing: these kicks are unlikely to make it westward.

The black and white designs are 8,190 Yen while the other two are released later this month for 9,240 Yen.

[via andriasang.com]

LeasTwanteD

LeasTwanteD said:

Cool stuff. :D
The Bowser stage one looks amazingly bada$$. Too expensive for me though. :|

C-195

C-195 said:

Shoes? What about a replica Mario Cap? That's what really gives him his jumping powers!

grumblebuzzz

grumblebuzzz said:

If I weren't almost 30 years old and didn't look like Bozo the Clown in hightops, I'd totally rock those world _-4 shoes.

Jahir

Jahir said:

C'mon Converse! Bring them to North America ): But... why you people take converse like they were just for hipsters? D: They're classics, my dad wore them and so do I. If they bring them (and if they were cheaper), I'd buy at least 2 pairs.

bezerker99

bezerker99 said:

/ME WANTS!!! How much is 8-9,000 yen in dollars? I would buy and wear them in a heartbeat. They would make a nice addition to my already awesome "Chucks" collection! :-P

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

At Nukerprime64

When Mario loses his cap in Mario 64 or NSMBW, he jumps the same. So I think the power is actually in his moustache.

They look cool, but I am not one for Converse.

catcher82611

catcher82611 said:

About $120, which is pretty expensive for a pair of shoes..... Then again, I wear $130 Nike sneakers :D

Ryno

Ryno said:

World 1-1 is my favorite shoe. I think these would be cooler though if they were from back in the day instead of coming out now. But if I saw someone with a pair then it would be instantaneous respect.

Xkhaoz

Xkhaoz said:

Do want, too bad they're so dang expensive. That and I'd never wear them.

NeoRausch

NeoRausch said:

ok i looked them up. I WANNA IMPORT THEM! can ANYBODY give me a link? found them on the japanese converse-store but now way to order them DAMMIT! YELP!

thaantman

thaantman said:

I like the red & black & the light blue ones with world 1-1, don't really care for the other ones with all the marios on them. just looked on ebay and these bad boys are going over $300, only time I'll ever consider paying that much for mario is if it comes with a game system.

CowLaunch

CowLaunch said:

Should of released alongside 25th anniversary edition and replaced the 'Converse All Star' logo with 'Super Mario All Stars'. Missed a trick there.

StarDust4Ever

StarDust4Ever said:

I have a friend who years ago obsessively wore Converse All-Stars, he had a black pair and a red pair. I could totally see myself wearing the day world on one foot and the castle world on the other. What's the Japanese eqivalent of a US men's size 13? Hopefully they carry it, though I doubt most Japanese have big feet like american men... :P

@catcher82611: Last I checked, 100 yen was worth approximately $1 USD, although it's been a couple years since I ordered anything from The Land of the Rising Sun, and the US economy has definitely gone sour latey... :'(