Super Mario Converse High-Tops Let You Jump Real High

Posted by James Newton

(May not be true)

Converse high-top sneakers are iconic. Super Mario Bros. is iconic. Combine the two, and you get an iconoblast.

These four officially licensed pairs of Mario sneakers might be a little garish for some wardrobes, but if you've ever wanted World 1-1 on your feet then they're your best hope, as long as you live in Japan or don't mind importing: these kicks are unlikely to make it westward.

The black and white designs are 8,190 Yen while the other two are released later this month for 9,240 Yen.

From the web

C-195 said:

Shoes? What about a replica Mario Cap? That's what really gives him his jumping powers!

grumblebuzzz said:

If I weren't almost 30 years old and didn't look like Bozo the Clown in hightops, I'd totally rock those world _-4 shoes.

Freeon-Leon said:

C'mon Converse! Bring them to North America ): But... why you people take converse like they were just for hipsters? D: They're classics, my dad wore them and so do I. If they bring them (and if they were cheaper), I'd buy at least 2 pairs.

bezerker99 said:

/ME WANTS!!! How much is 8-9,000 yen in dollars? I would buy and wear them in a heartbeat. They would make a nice addition to my already awesome "Chucks" collection!

sinalefa said:

At Nukerprime64

When Mario loses his cap in Mario 64 or NSMBW, he jumps the same. So I think the power is actually in his moustache.

They look cool, but I am not one for Converse.

catcher82611 said:

About $120, which is pretty expensive for a pair of shoes..... Then again, I wear $130 Nike sneakers

Ryno said:

World 1-1 is my favorite shoe. I think these would be cooler though if they were from back in the day instead of coming out now. But if I saw someone with a pair then it would be instantaneous respect.

Xkhaoz said:

Do want, too bad they're so dang expensive. That and I'd never wear them.

NeoRausch said:

ok i looked them up. I WANNA IMPORT THEM! can ANYBODY give me a link? found them on the japanese converse-store but now way to order them DAMMIT! YELP!

thaantman said:

I like the red & black & the light blue ones with world 1-1, don't really care for the other ones with all the marios on them. just looked on ebay and these bad boys are going over $300, only time I'll ever consider paying that much for mario is if it comes with a game system.

CowLaunch said:

Should of released alongside 25th anniversary edition and replaced the 'Converse All Star' logo with 'Super Mario All Stars'. Missed a trick there.

StarDust4Ever said:

I have a friend who years ago obsessively wore Converse All-Stars, he had a black pair and a red pair. I could totally see myself wearing the day world on one foot and the castle world on the other. What's the Japanese eqivalent of a US men's size 13? Hopefully they carry it, though I doubt most Japanese have big feet like american men...

@catcher82611: Last I checked, 100 yen was worth approximately $1 USD, although it's been a couple years since I ordered anything from The Land of the Rising Sun, and the US economy has definitely gone sour latey...