Inflatable Wii Karts Finally Blow Up In Europe

Posted by James Newton

What you've been missing!

Oh, Nintendo. When you created the Wii Remote and wowed us with its universal applications — a tennis racquet! A chopping knife! A fishing rod! — did you have any idea you'd just opened the Pandora's Box of appalling accessories? In the years Wii has been on the market we've seen exercise bikes, lightsaber holsters and more, but one of the most notorious is the inflatable kart from CTA Digital, a company whose slogan might well be "yes, really," and it's now coming to Europe.

Nordic Games is bringing the "Inflatakart" to the unsuspecting children of Europe on 2nd September for the sum of £24.99. That money gets you two inflatable sit-in karts, a pump and, somewhat forebodingly, a puncture repair kit, presumably so 'the fun can go on and on.'

Nordic Games pumps up its peripheral range
Inflatakart racing game accessory is announced for WiiTM

Thursday August 25th 2011: Nordic Games Publishing has today announced it is expanding its peripherals range with the release of the Inflatakart on September 2nd, the perfect accessory to any racing game on Wii™.

Sold alone and as part of great gaming packs, the Inflatakart is a great gaming peripheral for all ages and is available in racing red or blue. The extension of Nordic Games’ peripherals range showcases its dedication to enhancing gaming experiences for gamers.

“It’s a really simple wire-free, battery-free way to make racing games for Wii™ a lot more fun,” said Nik Blower, sales and marketing director at Nordic Games. “We want to keep enhancing the gaming experience for everyone and in addition to our We Sing mic packs and Star Mats, the Inflatakart is just one of the ways we are doing this.”

The Inflatakart was designed exclusively for use with all racing games on Wii™, and is fully compatible with Nordic Games’ forthcoming racing title, Jungle Kartz, with its inflatable design providing a comfortable seat for hours of racing fun. It’s made from durable materials enabling players up to 100Kg to join in, is quick and easy to assemble, and comes with a pump and puncture repair kit included.

The Inflatakart will be available from September 2nd, priced £24.99.

Unca_LzStaff

Unca_Lz said:

At least it's not for the 3DS game. Don't think those will work well for the underwater tracks

TheGreenSpiny

TheGreenSpiny said:

This is awesome! I would buy one for nephew, who I always make fun of for using the wii wheel. Then I could make fun of him even more.

Arthedain

Arthedain said:

Isn't this a little late? I'd understand if they'd sell if it was released at the same time as the game but now, years later. I think not!

LeasTwanteD

LeasTwanteD said:

Now if the steering wheel resembles other racing controllers - meaning you have to steer against its nature to return to its original position - i'd even see this as one of the more useful accessories.
I wouldn't buy it though and couldn't help but chuckle how you once again delivered an amazingly entertaining article, James. :D

Chris720

Chris720 said:

@Zach Correction... it's a chair... with a STEERING WHEEL! :D

Either way... stupid accesory is stupid. I liked the Wii Wheel, but this is taking it too far.

Dyl_73

Dyl_73 said:

"... providing a comfortable seat for hours of racing fun."

I don't think so. It may be comfy for an average eight year old but can you imagine sitting on one of those when you're adult size? Your knees would be in the way and the steering wheel will be a couple of inches from your body.
It's just....... tat.

Linkstrikesback

Linkstrikesback said:

And to make it even better, judging from the box pictures, it's actually set up so you hold the wiimote the wrong way round, so unless mario kart has a left handed option I can't remember it having, good luck!

bonesy91

bonesy91 said:

My nephew would love this :D Just might have to pick one up for him during Christmas.

RaylaxStaff

Raylax said:

**pops other players' kart**
"Sorry, you just got blue shelled."

DrDaisy

DrDaisy said:

The girl on the cover looks a little tipsy. What is the legal drinking age in Europe?

SuperLink

SuperLink said:

What a lame attempt at a video game accessory.

If all I played was Mario Kart, then I would want it...but I don't.

Tasuki

Tasuki said:

Lol I so want one but where will I find the room for a few of those lol.

Teh-Ray

Teh-Ray said:

You really have to think like a kid here. Like, REALLY, because I can already see kids enjoying something like this.

kurtasbestos

kurtasbestos said:

I like how unenthusiastic the descriptive text on the box seems:

Hours of fun.
Immerse yourself.
Get ready, set go.
Whatever.

TeeJay

TeeJay said:

Lol! "So the fun can go on and on". You mean the fun of sitting on a stationary balloon?

Nintenzo

Nintenzo said:

I like how they try to make the 'Made for Wii' symbol look like the official Nintendo seal.

StarDust4Ever

StarDust4Ever said:

I can almost guarantee this product will not last very long with regular use.

I whole-heartedly recommend that everyone on Nintendolife forums grab their wallets and each buy a dozen (12) of these inflatable racing seats (get 13 if you want an extra one to open and play with). DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, OPEN THE BOX! Place in garage or attic; wait patiently for about 15-20 years; auction them off one-by-one on eBay, mint, w/ free overnight shipping included; revel with delight as rich nerds with no life or GF try to outbid each other; enjoy your early retirement! :D

MasterGraveheart

MasterGraveheart said:

Dude, that is AWESOME! Sure it's silly looking, but hey, it's no more rediculous than the force-feedback vest for FPSs.

Incognito_D

Incognito_D said:

Finally! although joking aside, this is the sort of thing that could be hilarious if you saw it in the bargain bin for a couple of quid :D