Here's Your List of DS Games Due Out This Year

Posted by James Newton

Slim pickings

We knew there wouldn't be much on show for DS this year at E3, but Nintendo has managed to scoop the last few remaining titles together and sculpt them into a release schedule for the coming year.

There are a few notable releases in there, mainly Professor Layton and the Last Specter and Kirby: Mass Attack, but it's understandably light on major titles. Still, there's some games worth looking forward to for steadfast owners of the 2D dual-screen machine.

Untitled

Untitled

That's all, folks.

Rathe

Rathe said:

Is it ironic that a company called "GameMill" would release shovelware?

LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID said:

Kirby's Mass Attack and Layton have piqued my interest. I'll have to investigate the Ben 10 games for my lad though....

Crystalking18

Crystalking18 said:

Not all that interested in the new kirby game for ds (for now), but the professor layton game is an instant buy. Kind of wondering where the four swords game is though...

Birdman

Birdman said:

Layton for sure, and perhaps Kirby as well. As for DSiWare, nice to see a date for Aksys oddball title.

FonistofCruxis

FonistofCruxis said:

Out of these, I plan on getting Professor Layton and the last specter, Kirby mass attack and SMT: devil survivor 2.

Dodger

Dodger said:

How do you make a game about Pillowpets?

I guess the same way you make a game about Silly Bandz.

I want the Professor Layton game, but when I look at it, I could take that money and save it for a 3DS game instead in the holiday season, I'm still happy with plenty of Wii games and I can replay some of my DS collection. Nothing inbetween now and then that I want to buy except maybe an Eshop card.

rosebud

rosebud said:

The only one I'm really surprised to not see on the list is the second Fire Emblem remake that was released awhile back in Japan. The others I thought were going to be released. Maybe the Fire Emblem game will be announced later.

DiggerandIndy

DiggerandIndy said:

Right now, Professor Layton 4 and Kirby Mass Attack interests me. Heck, I don't even have PL 3 yet! :-O
(writes it on the birthday list)

HipsterDashie

HipsterDashie said:

I'm wondering if the title "Professor Layton and the Last Specter" will stick for the UK release, or whether they'll change it, like they did with Diabolical Box/Pandora's Box and Unwound Future/Lost Future. I'm pretty sure they'll stick with UK Luke though. I'd be incredibly upset if they switched to Luke's US voice actor.

Other than that (day one purchase for me) the only other DS game I'd be looking into getting would be Kirby: Mass Attack. Epic Yarn got me into Kirby, and I'm interested to see what else the pink blob has to offer. :P

Other than that, could those be my last ever new release DS purchases? I'm sure I'll pick up titles I've missed from the back catalogue, such as the Zelda games, but still, it is sad to see support finally starting to wind down for the old girl. Still, she had a marvellous run, having started out on day one with Super Mario 64 DS.

I love my DS. :D

1080ike

1080ike said:

SMT: Devil Survivor 2, possibly Kirby, maybe Layton. What I'd really like to know, though, is where Fire Emblem 12 is. It was released last year in Japan, and we haven't heard anything about a western release.

KingMike

KingMike said:

Sad that Fire Emblem, Solatorobo and Ni no Kuni are missing from that list. Looks like one more year of mostly shovelware.
A nice surprise to see Super Fossil Fighters make it, though.

rjejr

rjejr said:

Nntendo had less in their conference for the DS than they had for the Wii (1 to zero by my count) but not even having a DS heading for your E3 coverage is rubbing salt in the wound.

Tasuki

Tasuki said:

I figured this would happen when the 3DS came out. Oh well thank goodness there are still alot of DS that I still havent played.

ecco6t9

ecco6t9 said:

Did everyone forget that Ultimate Brain Games and Ultimate Card Games were supposed to originally come out in late 2004/early 2005!!

LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID said:

Actually the Ben 10 cart is the trilogy of Protector of the Earth, Alien Force and Vilgax attacks.We've played and sold on all of those games anyway. I imagine the "racer" game will be yet another watered down MK clone.

Layton and Kirby Mass Attack are insta-buys.

J-Forest-Esq

J-Forest-Esq said:

Yeah, but seriously, where's Solatorobo and Fire Emblem? Doesn't Solatorobo have a definite release date of 1st July anyway?

Issun

Issun said:

This is the american Release board as I can guess so no Solatorobo for you unlucky americans... Anywhoo , I'll get the Kirby and Layton games, allong with my european Solatorobo ^^

neetyneety

neetyneety said:

So pretty much just SMT 2, Layton, Kirby and Guilty Gear left for me to buy, huh? Oh, but with Blazblue on the 3DS, I might pass on Guilty Gear....

Mr_Video

Mr_Video said:

Nothing on this list interests me very much except Professor Layton...and where the heck is Fire Emblem!?

JimmyWhale

JimmyWhale said:

It's about time we got DQM Joker 2. A bit disappointed there's no Fire Emblem though, but at the same time Kirby's Mass Attack and SMT: Devil Survivor 2 look great. I just hope I don't forget about them when I get my 3DS...

SyFyTy

SyFyTy said:

Where the heck is Fire Emblem??? I'm sure I'm alone on this one but I could have gone another 3 years on the DSi without getting the least bit tired of it... I have a major backlog of DSi games and I just can't see the 3ds, which I have, taking it's place, especially with it's anemic start up line and higher game prices weak 3rd party support. Sorry OoT just doesn't erase years of good Dsi gaming. Waiting can be a goodn thing...

xblah

xblah said:

I've seen many trailers and read a lot of stuff about Kirby Mass Attack. And that's pretty much the only thing from the list I want. Plus Afterzoom. That looks pretty cool.